DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Everyone is talking about made in China all of a sudden?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Everyone is talking about made in China all of a sudden?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Your solution is a drastic oversimplification of a complicated problem.

In so many cases in this country, we've replaced low dollar chair manufacturing with high dollar robotics or stereolithography. There are some types of manufacturing that we DONT want domestic, because they dont benefit wages and hurt domestic environments. It's easy to stand on a rooftop and scream "buy merican", but it's not practical today in every case. While I do feel we do too much overseas, and can have an impact on bringing it back, it's an unrealistic pipe dream to think we can stand on our own in 2020 and not rely on global markets. We shouldn't have to, and we shouldn't want to. Plus, you forget that the chair may be manufactured overseas, but the designing, sales, marketing, testing, etc may all be domestic jobs by domestic citizens.

"It's your story, you can tell it anyway you want. I'll tell ya how it really is though, if you don't wanna participate, you don't buy anything. That's what I did."

^ pure hypocrisy considering you admitted to using an import computer. You're statements above mean all or nothing, and you've violated your own stance, unfortunately.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: A39Coronet,

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
That's the old propaganda that brought everyone in line on globalism. We don't wanna produce everything because of the environment.

It's also BS, because we want all of our people working. We don't need any other country for anything. Why would we, when we can produce everything for ourselves.

Now if banana republics wanna sell their products in our wealthy republic, that's fine too, but they pay a tariff to even labor. This is what founders intended for our sovereign country.

So if US citizens want their country back, they'll stop waiting on Trump to deliver it to them and stop participating in globalism, until the jobs come back to our shores.

It's the only way , revolt.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The chinese chromebook is to enhance my revolt, by educating the masses.

Think of it, if everyone bought nothing. If everyone boycotted wally world mart for just three months.

Do you think the globalists would get the revolt message?

I've been doing it almost twenty years.

Maybe everyone should take matters into their own hands and stop depending on Trump to fix everything for them eh?

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
So open a factory and compete in the global market. Be part of the solution, and put skin in the game. See if the market agrees with you.

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A39Coronet:
So open a factory and compete in the global market. Be part of the solution, and put skin in the game. See if the market agrees with you.

Everyone knows I'm right. All ya gotta do is look at the drag race market. I'll bet it's near impossible to give away a wing wong ching chong crankshaft right about now. On the other hand a racer knows it's money well spent buying a made in USA crankshaft.

Wing wong ching chong crankshafts won't have the biggest display at PRI this year, like they did in 2008.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
The guys that say they ONLY buy USA crack me up...They don't buy any of the things in the house...Their wife does.

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hotrod Corvette:
The guys that say they ONLY buy USA crack me up...They don't buy any of the things in the house...Their wife does.

That's true but if I could get her to turn off the TV, I could get her to realize she doesn't need to buy anything.

TV is a weapon, it tells people what to believe, what to think and what to buy. Now if everything was made by Americans, I'd have no problem being told what I need, to keep the wheels turning.

Everything is made in china, for me that alone is enough to convince me I need nothing.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's like blaming a hypothetical collapse on the global market, when that hypothetical collapse would come about not from the market, but from US citizens choosing globalism.

Globalism is like a deal with the devil. The vile maxim Greed, everything for me and nothing for anyone else.

Now if there were TV programming which explained this to US citizens, there would be no market and every American would be working.

But that's not the plan is it? Nah, the plan is a few people make all the profits at the expense of everyone else enslaved in debt.

That's the plan.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:

That's true but if I could get her to turn off the TV, I could get her to realize she doesn't need to buy anything.

TV is a weapon, it tells people what to believe, what to think and what to buy. Now if everything was made by Americans, I'd have no problem being told what I need, to keep the wheels turning.

Everything is made in china, for me that alone is enough to convince me I need nothing.

The United States imports half of its total volume from five countries: China, Canada, Mexico, Japan, and Germany.

Lets not forget all the other big players in this game
Canada sends about 77% of all its exports to the US, and Mexico sends over 75% of its exports to the US

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:

The United States imports half of its total volume from five countries: China, Canada, Mexico, Japan, and Germany.

Lets not forget all the other big players in this game
Canada sends about 77% of all its exports to the US, and Mexico sends over 75% of its exports to the US

It's not a conflict of interest to US citizens for the US to trade with any other country in western civilization. The Japs, Germany and Canadian workers wages don't put pressure on US citizens wages because they're not a exploited slave labor work force like the Mexican and Chinese work force.

The reason chinese slave labor pressures American labor, is because American business firms offshore manufacturing to china and bring the products back to our shores, for huge profit margins, for themselves and shareholders.

The majority of our workforce in turn ends up retail sales clerks ringing up the chinese garbage, part time minimum wage. This is where all the subprime loans originate which inflate and pop every ten years leading to bailouts of the banks who knowingly loaned the money to people without the wages to repay the loans - subprime.

The banks can't lose, because the government bails them out. They can make loans with people they know can't repay the loan, and the government bails them out.

In turn the economy looks good on paper statistics, when in reality it's really a sub prime loan ticking time bomb.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The economy is a ponzi scheme funded by tax payer dollar bailouts every ten, twelve years. Globalists and banks are guaranteed to win.

US citizens are enslaved in debt, funding the chinese Empire.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
US citizens don't need politicians or political parties for anything.

US citizens only need revolt.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mike, your over simplification and tin hat responses are laughable. 1.Commerce with other countries has been going on since the establishment of the Jamestown colony. 2. Your lack of knowledge regarding the subprime debacle disqualifies anything you have pontificate.

I was following what you posted with some interest but your pontifications, exaggerated platitudes, false innuendos and fatalistic attitude has shown your full of schitt. You are a self-centered, narcissistic blowhard. If you cant put together a cogent line of reasoning then quit wearing out the battery on your ASIAN manufactured laptop.

It must be tough being you.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maliciousintent:
Mike, your over simplification and tin hat responses are laughable. 1.Commerce with other countries has been going on since the establishment of the Jamestown colony. 2. Your lack of knowledge regarding the subprime debacle disqualifies anything you have pontificate.

I was following what you posted with some interest but your pontifications, exaggerated platitudes, false innuendos and fatalistic attitude has shown your full of schitt. You are a self-centered, narcissistic blowhard. If you cant put together a cogent line of reasoning then quit wearing out the battery on your ASIAN manufactured laptop.

It must be tough being you.

How about the treasury secretary for Ronald Reagan? Do you know more than Paul Craig Roberts?
https://youtu.be/vRw3HeTCLFc
Watch him ^^^^ repeat what I've said.

You didn't think I was this street wise all on my own did you? Laughing Hard

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm a manufacturing engineer by degree, Industrial Engineer by trade, but despite this I'll never claim to be an expert on global manufacturing economics. However, outsourcing is such a multifaceted issue that it's unreal. Anyone who says they only buy American made products is simply lying to themselves, and anyone who boasts "I told ya so" during situations like this is a hypocrite.

It's easy for race car equipment to focus your purchases on American made products, and I have no problem paying double or triple for a domestic unit (anyone that knows me knows how frugal I am). But we live in a global economy and there is just no getting around that. I type this on a foreign made phone, sitting on a foreign made chair, and sorry, I have no guilt about that.

clapping
Race car parts is such a small part of the problem and about what? 15 years or more late?
All body/ interior parts late 70’s to now on the cars are offshore so there goes that theory..

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4476 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Being impartial and objective isn't self centered, fatalistic, or narcissistic..... maliciousintent. It's being Truthful.

You didn't think I was this street wise all on my own I'd hope?

Oh we're in deep trouble alright. You might wanna wake up, turn off the fake news and cartoons.

Share this with people. It's the inconvenient Truth https://youtu.be/vRw3HeTCLFc

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Touche'. I'm very familiar with Dr Roberts. I agree with his analysis of our economy, which by the way was 6 years ago under the Obama administration, post Bush/Clinton. I do not subscribe to his view on voters not having the power to affect change. The problem is most voters are stupid OR dumber than a box of rocks. Most buy into the free schitt promise pushed by the democrats, propped up by the republicans and the spinless congress.

BTW, he was not repeating what you said, you repeated what he said. Mike, we agree a lot more than we disagree. Rather than push a fatalistic message try getting involved and affecting change at the ballot box. We can defeat the 6 (?) entities that Dr Roberts speaks of. It will take hard work and commitment. You up to the task?

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Touche'. I'm very familiar with Dr Roberts. I agree with his analysis of our economy, which by the way was 6 years ago under the Obama administration, post Bush/Clinton. I do not subscribe to his view on voters not having the power to affect change. The problem is most voters are stupid OR dumber than a box of rocks. Most buy into the free schitt promise pushed by the democrats, propped up by the republicans and the spinless congress.

BTW, he was not repeating what you said, you repeated what he said. Mike, we agree a lot more than we disagree. Rather than push a fatalistic message try getting involved and affecting change at the ballot box. We can defeat the 6 (?) entities that Dr Roberts speaks of. It will take hard work and commitment. You up to the task?

To be completely honest, the only task I'm sure about at the present moment, is firing up this 35k engine I just completed. I'll be back with video in a little bit. Oughta be a helluva lot more interesting than politics! We're gonna run though converter tests and trans pressures so I'll have some good video to share.

It is a relief to hear from someone else who gets it Toooo! Siiiiigh. Smile

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Keep us posted. BTW, Is Sunshine still operating?

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Keep us posted. BTW, Is Sunshine still operating?

Grudge racing. That's why I started researching offshoring of the economy. Sunshine Dragstrip used to be able to put on 33 race Super Pro championship every year up until 2008 economic meltdown it all ended.

Angry 23 sbc here.
https://youtu.be/FZ6zwnyDwUg