DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Goodyear compared to Mickey or Hoosier?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Goodyear compared to Mickey or Hoosier?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
We are 1.10-1.11 currently. We only have one race on the current 4 link settings only leaving at 3200. I believe it will be 1.08-1.09 once we start coming up on the leave rpm, but it is just speculation at this point until it does it. Last race out it varied .009 in the 60ft for 6 passes.

Posts: 35 | Location: Gilmer, TX | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of inferno camaro
posted Hide Post
Tubes or no tubes, car weight, pressure ran?
Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by 70 Mach 1:
We are 1.10-1.11 currently. We only have one race on the current 4 link settings only leaving at 3200. I believe it will be 1.08-1.09 once we start coming up on the leave rpm, but it is just speculation at this point until it does it. Last race out it varied .009 in the 60ft for 6 passes.

Posts: 361 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
To me that tire does not appear to be cut, it looks like a separation issue from factory.
I would talk to tire rep and see what they will do about it.
If they do not take care of it to your satisfaction go with a different brand.
I know all of the tires are basically no warranty but it appears to me that issue was not your fault and they should help you on it some.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3992 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
To me that tire does not appear to be cut, it looks like a separation issue from factory.
I know all of the tires are basically no warranty but it appears to me that issue was not your fault and they should help you on it some.

That was exactly what I thought. They said run them or buy new ones. I almost said what brand would you recommend.

Posts: 361 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
^^^Blind leading the blind Didn't think of that

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
2740 lbs with 9 psi without tubes running double bead locks 16” wide.

Posts: 35 | Location: Gilmer, TX | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
^^^Blind leading the blind Didn't think of that

I understand, anyone that has a different opinion than you is blind or an idiot. Thanks for your input. Plus your guy Faron didn't even bother to respond back to me. You Da Man

Oh and by the way, go **** yourself "the blind"

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Maybe he don’t have the time for an idiot Laughing very hard

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by inferno camaro:
quote:

That was exactly what I thought. They said run them or buy new ones. I almost said what brand would you recommend.

Well I would not run them and I would not trust anyone who said to run them.

I would buy new ones and it would be a different brand for sure. That appears to be poor quality control and some sort of de lamination / tire separation and are probably not safe to run. But then I am not stuck with any one brand, if I can get better performance out of another brand I would switch.

Mickey Thompson has been great to work with and they have taken good care of me. I have got excellent performance out of them so until something changes I will continue to run them.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3992 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
My car likes the MT's but they quit making the 2 sizes that I liked. I ordered a pair of 1408 goodyears to try. If I don't like them I'll get another set of phoenix which were good last time I tried them. They just didn't seem quite stiff enough but I now have beadlocks and way better shocks so that should help.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by inferno camaro:
quote:

Well I would not run them and I would not trust anyone who said to run them.

I would buy new ones and it would be a different brand for sure. That appears to be poor quality control and some sort of de lamination / tire separation and are probably not safe to run. But then I am not stuck with any one brand, if I can get better performance out of another brand I would switch.

Mickey Thompson has been great to work with and they have taken good care of me. I have got excellent performance out of them so until something changes I will continue to run them.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Every tire MFGR has had chucking issues. The track is trying to rip the tire off the case. That’s why the Fuel cars prep different at a Nat event track. They cannot deal with stuck tires. I’ve personally seen all three MFG do it. Would we run a chunked tire? No, we did not, we replaced and have not seen a issue since. It’s like I said before. If you are after the starting line and the track is killer. Somethings going to give. A car with sufficient wheel speed might not see it as bad as a stuck car.
You think it was probably there for a run or two before you saw it??

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4480 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
His junk ain’t chunking that Hoosier tire! Didn't think of that

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I honestly don't know when it happened. I took them off for normal maint and noticed it. I put my other tires on at that point and never ran them again.

quote:
Originally posted by BP758:
Every tire MFGR has had chucking issues. The track is trying to rip the tire off the case. That’s why the Fuel cars prep different at a Nat event track. They cannot deal with stuck tires. I’ve personally seen all three MFG do it. Would we run a chunked tire? No, we did not, we replaced and have not seen a issue since. It’s like I said before. If you are after the starting line and the track is killer. Somethings going to give. A car with sufficient wheel speed might not see it as bad as a stuck car.
You think it was probably there for a run or two before you saw it??

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Just got it and order in for Mickey’s 3080 it shipped today. Just thought I’d tell everybody if you need some my guy can get you some. PM me for his number……

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post