Find
Notify
Tools

Over Staging
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
For BRACKET purposes, NONE of the NHRA non-technical/safety rules pertain to bracket racing, EXCEPT the rules for the Divisional and National ET Bracket Championships. IHRA/Summit have some procedural rules for the Summit Series.

"Courtesy staging" is a local rule only.
Our policy was "not mandatory, but recommended".

Local racers have their own ways of dealing with unsportsmanlike behavior.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1666 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I saw this happen this weekend at the gators, on a bye run... due to a broken tb wire... sad to lose a National round because of a dumb rule

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1518 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
300 cars on a Friday night at Sunshine, first round at 8 oclock sharp, the final rounds for all classes around midnight or slightly before.

You ain't backing up to re-stage if something goes wrong on a time run. There's no time for it, so have your chit together. The starter is gonna point you down the track if you F it up.

Back in the 1990's it was like this, nothing new.

Tempo.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:
I saw this happen this weekend at the gators, on a bye run... due to a broken tb wire... sad to lose a National round because of a dumb rule

I get really nervous when I have a bye run.I fear stuff like that.There can't be anything worse than losing on a bye run.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
quote:
Originally posted by seabass:

I get really nervous when I have a bye run.I fear stuff like that.There can't be anything worse than losing on a bye run.

Yeah me to... worst part is we were joking before hand about getting loose and crossing the centerline or something, we never thought about rolling the beams... just bad luck i guess

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1518 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post