DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Dom Lagana / ****box Of Doom
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dom Lagana / ****box Of Doom
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
https://thecapitalsportsreport..._kE-kvGBjk.....Story of terrible accident last night in Indy. Prayers for this good man....

Posts: 40 | Location: East TN | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Oh ****! That's the wagon that Allen talked about so much during the broadcast.
Thoughts and prayers go out to the boys and hope for a speedy recovery, particularly Dom Lagana.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I have been meaning to ask this question, and this particular incident ties right in. Is it safe to drive a car on the street with a rollbar/cage without a helmet on? I know they can be padded up pretty good, but is it enough to stop a skull from being fractured? Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
A funny car cage would beat you to death without protective gear. I believe that wagon had a funny car cage. A regular roll cage would hurt of something happens. That bar right above your head would do some serious damage.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hopefully he pulls through, young guy. I agree that cage intended on life saving would cause incredible head injures without a helmet. Years ago we had a local racer killed when his helmet came off in an altered.

BG

Posts: 759 | Location: Florence, SC | Registered: August 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Tom, read the article, speed was a factor

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I think it makes about 4-4500 hp. I bet it could get loose quick on the street. I hope all of them are o.k.

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is it safe to drive a car on the street with a rollbar/cage without a helmet on?

There are many variables of course, but didn't Carol Shelby put roll bars on the original Cobras?

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2330 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
There are many variables of course, but didn't Carol Shelby put roll bars on the original Cobras?

I'm not a big Cobra guy, but I think the 427 Cobras came with roll bars, but the original 289 versions did not. And now that you mention it, I don't think I've ever seen a picture of a 427 Cobra with any padding on one of those roll bars! Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Hate to say it as I know it would apply to me also. I would find it very hard to believe that speed was not a huge factor. You do not build a car like that with intent of running 55 mph.

Heck I know with me it would have and I have never had the kind of play money those guys have. We all know the love of power and speed is a big draw for this sport. Its hard to control that for me snd I am sure lots of folks here,

Hope all turns out well. Lagana not only a driver very good tuner . I knew his dad when he ran IHRA with a TF car on a ramp truck. He had very little money and was damn creative guy. Figure his son pretty much same kind of man who has worked damn hard to get to point he is now.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4175 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
A funny car cage would beat you to death without protective gear. I believe that wagon had a funny car cage. A regular roll cage would hurt of something happens. That bar right above your head would do some serious damage.

Correct. I had seen posted somewhere that maybe no seat belts either. Only a harness.
Cool as heck car, but lets face it, there are countless ways it could kill ya. Yes of course without a helmet the roll cage is a killer. Anyone who has done riding in a UTV should know helmets are a must for anything other than putting around in the yard and picking up sticks. It said something about a telephone pole. Frankly it wouldn't take much speed at all in that thing with a telephone pole to be lethal. We take for granted how much modern street automobiles protect us during an accident. SBOD has none of that. No crumple zones. No air bags. It's a thinly disguised badass race car that can run on the street.
I am praying for a good outcome for Dom. Sad to hear.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6375 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
The wagon had run drag days so it had all the necessary safety equipment for the driver but don't know about the passengers. I haven't see any pictures of the interior.
Richie Crampton built the car so you have to assume he was driving. But don't know that for fact.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
No car "street" car no mind that car with a full cage/funny cage belongs on the street.

There was a local 8.50 racer that died years ago due to his head hitting the funny car cage in a street accident.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Funny car cages are a poor design, period, with or without a helmet. Look inside a NASCAR vehicle, the padding around the head, where they put the bars. Look what happened to Eric Medlen and how the cars were changed after that.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Unreal! I pray all three get through this.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4473 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Are there any updates on Dom Lagana? He is the most serious injured.

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:

The onky thing I have seen posted is Jake Sanders walked out of the hospital yesterday. Richie Crampton is still in with multiple broken bones. No info on Dom Lagana has been released at all that I have seen.

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
quote:

The onky thing I have seen posted is Jake Sanders walked out of the hospital yesterday. Richie Crampton is still in with multiple broken bones. No info on Dom Lagana has been released at all that I have seen.

Seen reports from people that say he was trapped in the burning car and has burns over 50% of his body. The real problem is that his lungs were burned from inhalation as well.

Posts: 118 | Location: Imperial, CA | Registered: September 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Don has made some progress but a long ways to go

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I.P. Dailey:
Don has made some progress but a long ways to go

That is good news. Progress is healing. Praying for the best.