New
Find
Notify
Tools

2015 GM 3500
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Just want to get an idea of what I may be looking at, as an electrical issue on my dash display. My truck has recently started to change the display on the dash and the one on the radio screen. It now reads tow brakes need service, which I have corrected. However, the dash and radio display sometimes just changes the format it was on. Any suggestions ?

Posts: 75 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: November 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
What did you do to fix "Service Trailer Brake System"? This pops up randomly on my display when not towing. I have no issues with the dash/radio display.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
I know one of my friends had some issues with the dash on his 3500. Don't remember exactly. I don't know if this TSB will pertain to you.. He did mention something about a Flash/Firmware update for the panel.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/t...MC-10113597-9999.pdf

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Son had the same on his and the tow brake service was only a poor connection at the plug in. Plug and wire constantly pulls down loosening the expandable connections . In the socket ( truck) you can use a small right angle pic then expand being careful not to touch the others....

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
With the Brake controller under the spare, I have not replaced the unit, I simply pulled it out and cleaned the connections and made sure tight fit. I feel this should have been located somewhere where it would not get wet, but I just contribute to the team, not design their products. I'll look into the provided links and see if I can do the repairs. Otherwise, LMT (love my truck).

Posts: 75 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: November 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Give all connections a shot of dielectric grease. Works great.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post