DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    No Box Bonanza (Norwalk 6.1-6.3)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No Box Bonanza (Norwalk 6.1-6.3)
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I know it's a bit early to be predicting weather.. just trying to get an idea if people think the current rain forecast will stick around or if it really changes day by day out here. West coast guy hoping to hit a couple good races this summer and the rain has been a pain...

Also, how many cars typically show up to this event?

Brad

Posts: 172 | Location: tucson | Registered: July 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Weather forecast tends to change daily.
Car count I would say 400-500 with the increased payout. I wouldn’t be supprised to see more.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
There is no such thing as an accurate long range forecast for a week out, let alone two weeks. It is scientifically impossible. Even 2-3 days out is little more than an educated guess. Worse, I've lost count of how many times they've gotten it wrong in real time.

Particularly in the summer months, you're liable to get little pop-ups with no real front. Last year we had an event that they called for 80% all day Fri & Sat, with 100% at 2pm on Friday. We were down a total of about 6 minutes the entire weekend. It was gorgeous, perfect racing weather all three days, and a lot of folks missed it because they listened to the weather entertainment people.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5737 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Beard is spot on and one thing I can guarantee you Norwalk will do everything in their power to get the race in.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info guys.. not used to this wet stuff failing from the sky so often..

Plan is to be there Sat and Sun.. Will be headed that way after work on Friday.

Brad

Posts: 172 | Location: tucson | Registered: July 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Ohio weather, specifically at SMP is very unpredictable.Last weekend was a prime example. The divisional race was a 3 day wash out according to the forcast leading up to the weekend and throughout the weekend. Friday was dry, saturday was dry for a while, as we watched storm after storm go around, before we finally got some rain. During that time, I was at the north end of the track, it was completely dry on the whole grounds. But I could see Rt 20 from there, so maybe another 1/4 mile north, and it was a downpour. You could see the water flying up behind the cars as they drove. And sunday got a slightly late start due to some overnight and early morning rain, but stayed dry after that and the entire race was run to completion. If you looked at the forecast leading up to the weekend, you would think they should have just cancelled it on wednesday! I live 10 miles from SMP and have been rained out there, and came home and mowed my yard. And just an FYI Bill will not cancel early, and he will due everything in his power to dry the track if the opportunity is there.

Posts: 39 | Location: oregon | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Positive thoughts!! No wet stuff. As stated they wana race.. Worse case we race 20k one day if a day gets rained out!! Love this Race!!!

Posts: 67 | Location: around and about | Registered: November 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
What are you driving? I'm hoping to be there. And all of the above is true.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckT:

I'll be in a Dark Green Foxbody notch-back with silver stripes.. Don't have a good picture with me or I'd post it.

Brad

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not hoping! You WILL BE THERE!!! Chuck. Big Grin

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Trying to find a trailer this morning. I'll still go and hang out with my friends, but man I hope something comes through.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Damn Chuck you shoulda spoke up sooner.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
where is your trailer?

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Hey Brad, sorry I didn't get to say hello. My brain wasn't working. You ran my buddy round 1 Saturday. I saw the AZ plate and stickers, and it didn't register. I didn't spot you yesterday in round 1 until your lane was coming out, and didn't want to interrupt your race routine.

The wet and cold spring put me behind. I need to go over my trailer brakes, bearings, and wiring.

Congrats to my friends Nick Bowman, winning Friday night, and Matt Obertanec, runner up Saturday night.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey Brad, sorry I didn't get to say hello. My brain wasn't working. You ran my buddy round 1 Saturday. I saw the AZ plate and stickers, and it didn't register. I didn't spot you yesterday in round 1 until your lane was coming out, and didn't want to interrupt your race routine.

The wet and cold spring put me behind. I need to go over my trailer brakes, bearings, and wiring.

Congrats to my friends Nick Bowman, winning Friday night, and Matt Obertanec, runner up Saturday night.

No worries.. Had a hell of a weekend in general decided to cut my losses Sunday and head home after I finally went green 1st round... .064 that is.. finally got the car slowed down a bit after going red both Elim rounds Sat and then mentally added another .050 to the RT to make sure Big Grin

Oh well, still had fun and got to experience a new track while I'm out here. Just hate when I don't show up in the seat.

Brad

DRR Sportsman
Picture of RB72Duster
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Norwalk. They have an extremely tight starting line. They are the reason I put an adjustable button in my car this year. I can keep the same setup in my car for every other track but I can not go green at Norwalk with the same setup.

Posts: 152 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Well Brad, I think you had a great learning experience . I had a learning experience with your dad at 4 am too....one tough cookie..Hahaha

RB72 , that's some good info for next time....

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post