DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Another race car damaged in the pits at BG
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another race car damaged in the pits at BG
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cashflow:
quote:
Speaking of race car crashes......

Whatever happened with the one where the Stocker (SuperStocker?) did a burnout from the ticket booth and drove into the guys dragster/trailer on here?

Don sued the guy and won is what I heard. Pretty sure the guy had to pay.

This is not me don kennedy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Don Kennedy,

Don Kennedy

Posts: 395 | Location: TN | Registered: December 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
"And if the track owner was negligent in allowing golf carts to be operated in unauthorized areas and/or operated by under-aged drivers, I’d toss them into the lawsuit pile too."

I guess the track owner should assign a security guard to every golf cart on the grounds to police each one all times?
Protect himself from lawsuits by the very people he's trying to provide a place to race....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4452 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
"And if the track owner was negligent in allowing golf carts to be operated in unauthorized areas and/or operated by under-aged drivers, I’d toss them into the lawsuit pile too."

I guess the track owner should assign a security guard to every golf cart on the grounds to police each one all times?
Protect himself from lawsuits by the very people he's trying to provide a place to race....

Sue happy society. We have to provide liability insurance for our golf carts at our track now so they can protect themselves. And of course the registration sticker costs money. Terrific! Roll Eyes

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6379 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Couple of times I remember. I was at Norwalk years ago and every under age kid they caught on a golf cart, atv, etc, they impounded it and the only way to get it back was to either wait till the end of the event or get it now and leave. Another time at Carolina for the bracket finals one of our teams kids was stopped by security in a golf cart and our team was penalized 1 point. These things cause a lot of problems and look no further than the parents.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Man glad they didn't have these penalties when me and lil brother where drag racing 4 wheeler s in return road at Rocking ham.
In our defense it was raining like SOB and everyone loved the show.Even had another racer flag the race for us.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4178 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
I pay 850 for 100k key off coverage thru Chris Norris . You may be lawsuit happy and be willing to wait for years to try and settle ...why not let the insurance people pursue it . Plus you have coverage for fire and theft , transportation , etc ... anyone with half a brain could figure the benefits outweigh the exposure imo

Posts: 1234 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 60 falcon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 68TSCAMARO:
I pay 850 for 100k key off coverage thru Chris Norris . You may be lawsuit happy and be willing to wait for years to try and settle ...why not let the insurance people pursue it . Plus you have coverage for fire and theft , transportation , etc ... anyone with half a brain could figure the benefits outweigh the exposure imo

Chris is a great guy I pay $230 for $25,000 in coverage.

sammy mathis

Posts: 67 | Location: iowa park, texas | Registered: October 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Is that $850 per year?

Posts: 66 | Location: Glen Burnie | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Yes sir

Posts: 1234 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:

If they started enforcing the rules and tossing people for flagrant violations of the rules, the message would be delivered and additional security wouldn't be required.

Or stated another way, I guess I should go spend a bunch of money on race car insurance because some people are knuckleheads who don't think the rules apply to them, and the track owners/sanctioning bodies do nothing about it?

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Couple of times I remember. I was at Norwalk years ago and every under age kid they caught on a golf cart, atv, etc, they impounded it and the only way to get it back was to either wait till the end of the event or get it now and leave. Another time at Carolina for the bracket finals one of our teams kids was stopped by security in a golf cart and our team was penalized 1 point. These things cause a lot of problems and look no further than the parents.

My point exactly

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post