Find
Notify
Tools

Stroud Safety
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Little Chief
posted
I sent my window net to Stroud last Friday for recert. They called Tuesday to verify and will replace old net with new one with a minor length change for less than I paid 4 years ago. Will have next week. Very professional on the phone and email follow up in minutes.

Posts: 230 | Location: Kilgore Texas | Registered: July 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Rodney Pryor
posted Hide Post
I agree. They are always great to work with. I also received a call a couple days after they received my window nets.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rodney Pryor,

Posts: 116 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I've been dealing with Stroud for decades and have never had a bad experience.

Great Company, great people!

Bob

Posts: 3082 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I got the impression Bob sold that company a number of years back. Seemed like they had a period of regrouping, and are back to hitting their stride like they always did. Always been very happy with them.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6406 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
Yes good folks. When I rolled my Horton, in 2000 partially bc the parachute failed to open, Bob figured out the spring on the bridal chute was the issue. Nothing like not stopping at full quick-16 full pull speed to grab your attention

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12172 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
For my own curiosity, why are you sending back a Window net for recertification when they just sell and send you a new one?

Posts: 294 | Location: New Milford, CT USA | Registered: December 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Rodney Pryor
posted Hide Post
Some cars have a custom (size, color, etc.) window net.

Its easier to send your existing window net to Stroud for them to measure and duplicate rather than providing measurements.

Posts: 116 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Ribbon nets never have to be recertified

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Ribbon nets never have to be recertified

Never say never. Not that it pertains to the OP but. Any door car running advanced ET is required to have the window net recertified every two years regardless of whether it is mesh or ribbon. Or if you have TS on the window regardless of ET Smile If you know you know.

WINDOW NET
An SFI 27.1 ribbon-type or mesh-type window net is mandatory
on any full-bodied car running 6.00 (*3.66) to 7.49 (*4.49). SFI 27.1
window net, when required, must be updated at two-year intervals
from the date of manufacture. See General Regulations 6:3.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Al, you are correct but my reply was to the OP, referencing his car and typical bracket door cars which a sub 7.50/4.50 door car is not.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post