DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Race Car Parts on Amazon
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Race Car Parts on Amazon
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
Does anyone purchase race car parts off of Amazon? Or do you just go direct or to the big online speed shops?

SL...

No to Amazon, yes to Summit unless I need it now then I drive to and buy from Behrents

www.Behrents.com

Or Bruce’s Speed Shop which is also where I get my XRP Fittngs and hoses

www.brucesspeedshop.com

Engine parts like valve springs, rockers, pushrods, lifters, etc. from the engine builder, chassis parts like heim joints from the chassis builder. Brake pads, rear gears, etc. directly from Mark Williams, tires directly from Hoosier.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Now here's a strange one, my belts expired Dec 2022. Waited til now to order new ones from Summit so I could get a good date. Received them and opened the box, expiration date Dec 2022 LOL. In 30 plus years of dealing with Summit, this is the first aw **** that has happened. Even customer service couldn't believe it. The worse thing that has happened in the past with belts is I did get a set once that was already 3 months old.

Posts: 295 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I order my belts from Simpson, never an issue.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by qtrrcr:
Now here's a strange one, my belts expired Dec 2022. Waited til now to order new ones from Summit so I could get a good date. Received them and opened the box, expiration date Dec 2022 LOL. In 30 plus years of dealing with Summit, this is the first aw **** that has happened. Even customer service couldn't believe it. The worse thing that has happened in the past with belts is I did get a set once that was already 3 months old.

call Pro 1, problem solved

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1515 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I've been able to find auto parts at a good deal from Walmart.com now. Called manufacturer and they verified WM was selling for them and the price and warranty was better buying through WM.com.
When I needed a PG input shaft they were out of stock at many places, Amazon had it no problem free shipping.
Jegs is selling through Amazon and ebay and Summit sells on ebay not sure about Amazon.

Posts: 1453 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
Placed an order with Jegs about 10 days ago
1 Item does not show up with the rest
Manley valve train parts
Manley is in NJ and parts usually drop shipped in as little as 1 day if in stock
I call Jegs and sit on hold for 10 minutes and when I do get to speak to someone he can't find my order and I have the info right in front of me on my computer
Tells me he has to put me on hold......line goes dead shortly after that

I get the part number, go to Amazon and order it....says I will have the order in 2-3 days....we'll see....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Chris, you should also check with J.R. Baxter aka seabass, he has the same trailer but only hauls a dragster(s) no door car.

Did the trailer arrive in 2 days with free Prime shipping?

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3153 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Laughing very hard

DRR Pro
Picture of rusty
posted Hide Post
yes

honesty is the best policy,insanity is a better deffense
1.036, 6.16@ 224

Posts: 1405 | Location: texas | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post