DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Best way to sell a classic car?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best way to sell a classic car?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Bruce Williams
posted
Due to death in the family their prised 63 Impala hardtop and 55 Chevy hardtop need to be sold to pay for expenses.
The 63 is a one owner daily driver and the 55 has been in the family for over 30 years.
Neither car has been modified in any way.
The 55 has not been driven for several years and needs 4 tires. It was running when put into storage.
I have no clue of the value outside of both cars are of value.
Looking on the internet I see prices from 20K and up.
Looking for suggestions on the best way to sell for a good but fair price.

Bruce Lee Cool

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

Posts: 2035 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
I just sold my 1970 SS 454 Chevelle on FB classified in a group for sales of that model. Search FB Groups for one a try that. No fees and easy to beat of tire kickers.
My buyer new the market and the car and was a pleasure to work with. That was my last Chevy in my stable. I had owned it for 17 years. No longer enjoyed it and was glad to sell it to an adult that was not going to hack up a real SS.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12173 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Hemmings Motor News.....best place to sell a classic.

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1013 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Larry and Paul.
How do you determine the value as to put a price tag on the car?

Bruce Lee Cool

Posts: 2035 | Location: Chandler Arizona | Registered: August 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
Two ways.
First you will need to determine the minimum price based on your feel. In others words at what sell price that would be a loss or too painful if at or less.
Second is more work but needed. Start with eBay search for completed auctions or sales for cars close to yours. Advanced search. Ask for the book value from an insurance company that insures collectibles. Google search as much as you can. Join a FB Group specifically for your car and just ask. With luck you’ll get pointed to a web site that helps.

For sure, price it high by at least 20%, leaving room for negotiations. Every seller will come in low and the 20% may get you to what you want.
Best of luck!

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12173 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
quote:
Chandler Arizona

With Scottsdale so close...There has to be quite a few car appraisers that are around town, that are in-tune with that market of classic cars.

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hotrod Corvette:
quote:
Chandler Arizona

With Scottsdale so close...There has to be quite a few car appraisers that are around town, that are in-tune with that market of classic cars.

Burt asking for my brother in law who lives in SoCal.

Bruce Lee Cool

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
PM

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4467 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post