DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Luedke Wins Spring Fling Galot with Oakley 20 Degree on Alcohol
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Luedke Wins Spring Fling Galot with Oakley 20 Degree on Alcohol
 Login/Join

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted
Congrats to Josh Luedke on picking up his 50,000 dollar win at the Spring Fling. We have been working really hard on a 20 degree Alcohol set up for Josh and Steve Law. To say it was a tuff would be an understatement. After a few weeks of hard work, testing, dyno and dyno we got these babies figured out. Josh drove both cars many rounds and was able to get the win in his first outing with these packages. Thank you guys for your support and believing in us!

Phillip Oakley

josh luedke spring fling

Posts: 2099 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
E.T. ?

Posts: 146 | Location: Left of Center | Registered: February 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2099 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Nice! That thing was good and fast!

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Corky
posted Hide Post
Would love for my 20 degree 598 would run like that on alcohol!

Corky

Posts: 338 | Location: Waynesville, Ohio | Registered: August 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
To the OP i've a few questions for you, if you have the time to talk alcohol and 20 degree motors i'd love to pick your brain. PM me if you don't mind.

Posts: 370 | Location: Pride, La | Registered: April 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Just call the guy that built the engine Phil Oakley aka Oakley Motorsports

http://www.oakleymotorsports.com/

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of inferno camaro
posted Hide Post
6 months ago I talked to everyone about this setup and couldn't find anyone confident in making it work. I guess I was a little quick to pull the trigger. Congrats on making it work.

Posts: 361 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 20, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
Flip has built a lot of engines for a lot of winners. Probably the most under rated builder there is. He's a first class guy on and off the track.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I didn’t realize what I had at the time but I had an sr20 motor on alcohol in 2014 that ran the same as my 598 sr20 on q16 does today. Even won the first race I went to with it (S/C Divisional at Indy). Had zero issues getting it to work. Actually sold it to Johnny Ezell at the end of that season and the rest is history.

Posts: 59 | Location: D3 | Registered: May 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Chris no doubt you were the first and maybe the only till now to figure out this combo on alcohol.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Not sure what the secret was...dumb luck I guess. I’d be hesitant to try it again.

Posts: 59 | Location: D3 | Registered: May 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Frizie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sc3171:
Not sure what the secret was...dumb luck I guess. I’d be hesitant to try it again.

Check your PM's

Michael Frizie
ET 2471

Posts: 571 | Location: Winston, GA | Registered: April 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Thurston
posted Hide Post
Wondering if whatever was done to the 20deg on Alky, to make it work, if that would translate into additional performance on a standard BBC head...........just wondering out loud.

Posts: 68 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
From the little bit I've looked at, camshaft is critical...One ground for gas simply won't work. I also think, but not 100% sure they soften the chambers a bit to slow things down inside the cylinder......

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
posted Hide Post
quote:
I also think, but not 100% sure they soften the chambers a bit to slow things down inside the cylinder......

Bingo