DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    lack of good influence in America
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

lack of good influence in America
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Its been a long running joke of mine,but it does hold water.

Problem with kids now days is they did not grow up watching westerns. You know those show with all the violence and guns. Then the guns where used to stop and if need kill those who where doing the bad deeds. If you got caught and not shot then you might be swinging from a tree for you crimes. In other words there was a repercussion for being a thief,murder or harming someones family.

As I said its a long running some what joking comment. Given some thought it is just too dang true nowdays.

Imagine antifa in Dodge city. Matt Dillon would clean their clocks. John Wayne would have stopped them before they became a problem.

Now days kids are raised playing games where you get extra point for doing bad. If they do bad in real life they might(might) get slapped on the hand and more likely they will be rewarded for it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wideopen231,

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4190 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Problem with kids now days is they did not grow up watching westerns. You know those show with all the violence and guns. Then the guns where used to stop and if need kill those who where doing the bad deeds. If you got caught and not shot then you might be swinging from a tree for you crimes. In otyer words thre was a repercussion for being a thief,murder or harming someones family.

Piercing insight. Guess that philosophy degree is finally paying off.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Gotta blame a lot on the government. Our education system sucks. Two parents and both have to work in order to pay the bills. Discipline is curtailed by the law. Welfare system promotes more kids with only one parent. Never mind, this could go on forever. Most of us get it. Super Angry

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
I know of a lot of one parent working households that are doing just fine. The key to their success is not living above their means.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Have to agree on one parent family. While my father was present and did do some punishment. Especially when I shot a picture he spent year doing of topless female.Bullseye always been focused on the boobs. LOL In my defense I was handed a bb gun that that had been ****ed by another w/o knowledge. Yea did work then either.LMAO now.

Large part raised by a single mother till I was 14. I think I turned out pretty good.Little bit smart azz.lot hell raiser(just fun stuff) and hard driven guy who has worked most his life since 13 at something to make money to have what I want.

As stated. We never had a lot,mom never over head in debt.I swear the woman can still take 100 bucks and get 300 worth out of it. Me I get 25 worth from it.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4190 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roger McGinnis:
I know of a lot of one parent working households that are doing just fine. The key to their success is not living above their means.

Well said Roger! Parenting goes a long way. A lost Art!!
Start holding parents responsible for the under age actions!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4498 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The problem with kids for the last 30+ years is bad parenting and/or no parenting!

The only influence they need is parents that do the job parents are expected to do, raise YOUR kids to know right from wrong and with respect for GOD, country and community, starting with the men and women that protect us whether it be in our neighborhoods or abroad.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Now give me your theory as to why a large number of people over 40 act like A holes.

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
Gotta blame a lot on the government. Our education system sucks. Two parents and both have to work in order to pay the bills. Discipline is curtailed by the law. Welfare system promotes more kids with only one parent. Never mind, this could go on forever. Most of us get it. Super Angry

https://youtu.be/acLW1vFO-2Q

You got that right. ^^^ They're coming for your pensions and social security, bet on it and they'll get it.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post