DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    SFG 500 Highest Paying Drag Race in History $525,000
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SFG 500 Highest Paying Drag Race in History $525,000
 Login/Join

SFG
Picture of whos next
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike MacBrair:
Question.....Are all of the pre entries paid in this early being held in a trust account by SFG Promotions Inc.? Regular checking account? Shoebox buried in backyard? A lot can happen in a year.

Mike I don't recall seeing your name on the pre entry list at none of the 15 events SFG has put on. Btw we offer an option to pay at the gate for racers like yourself that dont believe in pre entry races (we respect your decision to not pre enter or attend our events) one thing I can tell you we have made a lot of racers happy since July of 2016 (Over 5 Million Dollars in Payouts)

Posts: 245 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 12, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
So no answer to my question? No worries, none of my business because I didn't already send in any money. I get it. Cheers!

It's not what you've got, it's what you give, it's not the life you choose, it's the life you live.

Posts: 2120 | Location: Napa, California | Registered: December 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
To be quite honest I do ask sensitive questions when it comes to money and always listen carefully to the tone of the response. I was hoping your response would be " Mike, you and any other racers who choose to pre enter a year in advance can rest assured your entry fees are deposited into our corporate checking account, of which multiple signers are required. All funds are held until payouts are made at the conclusion of the event".
And FYI, I did pre enter for the Spring Fling coming up in a few weeks in Las Vegas.

It's not what you've got, it's what you give, it's not the life you choose, it's the life you live.

Posts: 2120 | Location: Napa, California | Registered: December 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SFG
Picture of whos next
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike MacBrair:
So no answer to my question? No worries, none of my business because I didn't already send in any money. I get it. Cheers!

Hey Mike its another race thats paying 500k a few months after ours they just did a pre entry in March for a race thats in September just curious did you ask them the same question? They also advertise on this site

Posts: 245 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 12, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Absolutely I did. Their response was the one I quoted in my previous post.

SFG
Picture of whos next
posted Hide Post
One last response Mike did you ask on a public forum like you did me? My phone # is on every SFG flyer and I take calls from racers everyday. I would have gladly taken your call and answered your question.
Good luck with your season Mike.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Thank you, good luck to you as well.

SFG
Picture of whos next
posted Hide Post
Major Announcement about the SFG500 tonight at 830pm eastern time. Live from the SFG Facebook page.

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2112 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
clapping

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
GREAT announcement Kyle! I’m looking forward to racing all 2019 SFG Main events knowing that 2020 will offer more of the same.

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Why not put those words in writing so us deaf people know what he said.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of SuperPro54
posted Hide Post
clapping

Posts: 109 | Location: Florida - Ohio | Registered: September 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
Why not put those words in writing so us deaf people know what he said.

SFG 500 at Martin MI guaranteed @ $525k this year. Gate price $1650. If you double gate price $3000. If you prepaid on one entry, $1500 for your double at gate. 2020 Martin MI race pays $1M with those participating this year having 1st dibs. If you raced 2019 Darlington Powerball you have a $600 credit that if used at Rockingham you only pay the pre-paid price of $799 – 600 = $199 at gate. All others at gate $899 as stated on flier.

fyi.. the main events pay more round money in 2019 than in previous years

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by whos next:
One last response Mike did you ask on a public forum like you did me?

What does it matter whether the question is asked on a public forum or a private phone call? Your answer should be the same regardless of how or where it was asked!

Posts: 45 | Location: behind you | Registered: July 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hangonrcer:
quote:
Originally posted by whos next:
One last response Mike did you ask on a public forum like you did me?

What does it matter whether the question is asked on a public forum or a private phone call? Your answer should be the same regardless of how or where it was asked!

Because it's a dumbazz question that's why. SFG has bent over backwards in every way possible to support bracket racing. What kind of idiot would think any promoter would keep pre entry money in their backyard?

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of muggs
posted Hide Post
In talking to some racers that have attended SFG events, I have heard nothing to prevent me from attending the SFG events.

Posts: 3079 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
If you signed up to take every first in pay now discount offer that SFG posted for all 5 major events in 2019 that will pay 15 Winners a total of $1,225,000 it would have cost you $3,896. You are also eligible to race for a TK dragster for FREE by attending all these events.

With $300 rd money for 12 races and $600 / $200 rd money for the SFG500 and 2 $50K races, SFG is paying more back to those winning 3rd round and up.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
In today’s world with so many people being busted for stealing from employer, government and so on I think asking what was being done with pre entry money is a legitimate question. Asking on a public forum allows everybody to know the answer straight from the horse’s mouth.
Wasn’t there a promoter a few years ago who cheated a bunch of racers out of some money?