Notify
Tools

Expensive Vacation
 Login/Join

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan of Aruba. Love that place.

Posts: 2100 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Aruba is fantastic! I sold a race car to a fellow out there. Went and raced my old car out there 20 yrs ago, showing him how to race the 23 t altered.

Stunning sunsets and the track was super cool too!

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DragRaceResults:
I'm a fan of Aruba. Love that place.

Over 55 and have no kids is the criteria for landing. Weather was great and we met a lot of nice people. Kinda boring, everyone is old, water was not nearly as nice as the Caribbean. 6 out of 10 for me.

Posts: 1625 | Location: UsA | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Same I’ve heard from many over many years. Never been, never going.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
FWIW, I don't think 1320 was bragging about the cost of his vacation any more than RPRO was whining about the cost of his, just comparing what it costs for what you get.
True enough, 1320 doesn't sugar coat his posts to avoid ruffling the feathers of the hypersensitive here but if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
This is supposed to be a drag racing site, not a sewing circle.

Posts: 606 | Location: Lakewood, Co. | Registered: January 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
A few years ago my wife and I went to Dublin, then Rome, Naples, The Amalfi Coast, Salerno, Switzerland (Lugano, Saint Moritz, Andermot and several other villages/towns traveling on the Bernini Express. In all we spent about 16 days in Europe which was affordable only because one of our daughters and her two girls lived in Rome. Two other great places to visit are Orvieto and Sardinia.

I could never afford to live in Switzerland but if I could it would be Lugano or Lake Como. I probably could afford to live in Salerno or Orvieto but it would get "Old" after a short period, they don't have any drag strips. Come to think about it California is experiencing the same problem and I still live here.

Bob

Posts: 3080 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
I had so much fun winding through the hills of Tuscany in a little 5-speed Fiat 500. I could probably live without a dragstrip there.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3151 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
St. Croix. I would not have believed it had I not seen it. From the pier, I could see the bottom. And since the boat was tied to the pier, that had to be 100 feet plus. And yet, the salinity was extremely high. I climbed down into the water and could float with no effort whatsoever. Cruise ships tied up to the same pier. Lots of young cuties who liked "showing off" to American sub sailors. Same for the local young ladies. Well, at least one very appreciative young lady for sure. They also MADE Cruzan Rum there. If you ordered a rum and coke, you got more rum than coke...because the rum was significantly cheaper. Your mileage may vary. I suggest you don't use my name. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The resort thing has zero attraction to me. Sit around all day and do what? Read? Drink? Swim? Eat? Maybe for one day, after that I’d be bored out of my skull.

Wife and I like Vegas. Lots to do, hiking, natural parks, shows, good restaurants. Can make it as cheap or expensive as you want depending on what you do. Even better when you’re there racing in the Nationals because you won the D1 championship Big Grin

Wintertime we ski. Getting on a plane to Denver tomorrow after work and skiing Winter Park. Should be a great time. So far this winter we’ve got about 20 days at the local mountain in addition to a few at Killington. Going to Whiteface/Lake Placid in March and Snowbird Utah in the beginning of April. Going to heli ski there.

Then race season starts, Lebanon Valley is 2 hours from Killington and Killington tries to stay open until June 1. We’ll go to the track on a Friday, go to Killington and ski Saturday, then race Sunday…combine two of our favorite activities in one weekend.

Posts: 712 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
If funding is stopping you from getting away and you are ok with other humans in a group, group tours offer huge values. We like caravan out of Chicago. So far we’ve had lovely vacations to Costa Rico,, mt Rushmore/Yellowstone, Canadian Rockies. Just tossing out options. For us, we also like to take a bigger vacation now and then. Italy was great, Galapagos excellent and South Africa the best.

https://www.caravan.com/

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12149 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post