DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Anyone had shoulder replacement
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone had shoulder replacement
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Wondering if any here have had shoulder replacement. Would like to know if Dr, forbid you having dental work afterward.
Just had surgery 2 weeks ago and need a tooth filled and Dr. said not for 3 months. So guess after surgery they figure they own you. Guess time for new education for doc.

Anyone had Dr. forbid you from another medical service because of minor surgery.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
There is a bacterial infection risk for joint replacements during and after dental procedures. That is the reason for the Dr not wanting you to have any dental work done.

Mikey

Posts: 1708 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
guess better to have tooth get worst and end uo costing you more money.

Hell with construction work and mechanical work, there is a chance of getting cut and infection everyday of my life.

Not problem, Already have an appointment another dentist and will just forget to mention the shoulder deal

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post

Posts: 118 | Location: Imperial, CA | Registered: September 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
you obviously know more than the doctors and medical professionals...get well soon

Posts: 118 | Location: Imperial, CA | Registered: September 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Yea somehow I am supposed to play dead for 3 months and still pay the bills that come in and bunch of them from same dr office telling me not to do anything. Guess easy to tell other to go w/o making money when you have been paid 40k for surgery on them. Guess what insurance not pay me a dime,

If known all of this I would have stuck with pain thats been around for 30 years,just getting more and thought had paid all of out of pocket and would not cost me. 5k wrong on that too.

Surgery three weeks ago and been working all last week and this week.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I get what the rule thing is. Doubt I would get an infection from having a tooth filled.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
Did you ask your doctor to pick out a nice camshaft that is easy on valve springs but makes good power? Ask him the best pressure to run Goodyears on a FED? Of course not because that would be dumb.... kind of like asking a bracket race forum if it's ok to override an orthopedic surgeon's post-op medical advice.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 629 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Glad you know more than the doctor does about your health and well-being after they performed a surgery on you that probably costs 10s of thousands of dollars.

Hope you have been doing the physical therapy they assigned you and not doing whatever you like there or your shoulder will never get better

Posts: 789 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Cost 43k to be exact.
Did not ask if ok to do as I wish with my bidy and health.

Asked if anyone else had ever had dr tell them such crap. Well did put nicer.

As for doctor knowing better.If he knew everything he would be top fuel crew chief. LOL

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wideopen231,

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:
Glad you know more than the doctor does about your health and well-being after they performed a surgery on you that probably costs 10s of thousands of dollars.

Hope you have been doing the physical therapy they assigned you and not doing whatever you like there or your shoulder will never get better

If you mean doing their joke therapy and nothing else.Nope Now if doing it with some hop ups then yes.Nothing major just more moves and some very stupid lite weight like 4 or 5 lbs. Plus they said already where I should be in 6 weeks and only 3 weeks out. They figure 12 weeks of therapy, before they release me, Need new calculator.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wideopen231,

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Your life and your money.

Your doctor is right on not having other procedures for infection risk

You should also be doing your assigned physical therapy

But again, your money and your life

Posts: 789 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I have been to the best shoulder surgeon in Syracuse. If you get an infection in your MOUTH it can travel to your implant, and it WILL get infected... Then they will remove the implant and stich you up with NO implant for 3-4 months until the infection clears up, then do another install of a brand-new implant. I have a friend that got a new knee, and it picked up an infection. He spent the summer of 2020 (5 months) in a hospital bed in Syracuse with a spacer in his leg to keep it from shirking. An infection in your big toe can travel to your shoulder, watch trimming you toenails.

GOOD LUCK

Posts: 105 | Location: upstate NY | Registered: January 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You do understand there is a risk you could also die from the infection? My surgeon said 6 months, some say wait a year. They prescribed four antibiotic pills that you take the morning of the dental procedure.

Not only that if you lie by not telling the dentist then YOU will be liable for all the expense if something goes wrong. Use your head!

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
My dr requires me to take four 500 mg amoxicillan before having dental work.

Posts: 56 | Location: memphis tn | Registered: April 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Well Chris your original question was answered by several here and you didn't get the replies you wanted so maybe quit asking and just do whatever the hell you want and suffer the consequences.

Posts: 606 | Location: Lakewood, Co. | Registered: January 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CrewMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 69427:
I have been to the best shoulder surgeon in Syracuse. If you get an infection in your MOUTH it can travel to your implant, and it WILL get infected... Then they will remove the implant and stich you up with NO implant for 3-4 months until the infection clears up, then do another install of a brand-new implant. I have a friend that got a new knee, and it picked up an infection. He spent the summer of 2020 (5 months) in a hospital bed in Syracuse with a spacer in his leg to keep it from shirking. An infection in your big toe can travel to your shoulder, watch trimming you toenails.

GOOD LUCK

True words right there...friend of mine had the same thing with the knee spacer...infection was due to a bad install on his knee replacement but still - not fun and very serious he almost lost his leg from it.

As far as the dental work - dead on trip zip right there. Actuall had a friend who had dental work done and itself got infected from not following directions. Had to remove part of her footbone and move it to her jaw bone after the took half her jawbone out because it worked into the bone.

Don't mess around with it

"Some things are better left unsaid... usually it's the S**T I blurt out first.

Posts: 116 | Location: Loveland, Ohio | Registered: September 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
SO according to all here letting tooth sit for 3 or 4 months is less risky than having it filled. We are talking simple numbing shot,lil grinding and filling the tooth. Now three months from now if it is worst and possibly get obsessed that should be no problem.

Will see what he has to say afte the appointment next Week and his understanding he can tell my dentist working with my dentist or me bypassing the bs.