DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    parts dealys amazing anything dealy
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

parts dealys amazing anything dealy
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
It is amazing how far behind everything is now days. A/Fuel team just order a clutch to replace one we killed.10k and year to get.Tried to order aluminum rods 3 months maybe. Cam same thing.Cranks again huge delay.

Now to business tried getting cpl doors for a huse and it is 2 months to get. One siding for verticle board looks 17 weeks. We use to do 6 months for abuild.I will not promise anytime frame on project and all we do is small homes 2000 sq ft and under. Price I can not guarantee unless it is stupid high.Hey I am not near nice enough to spend money to. build someone a house

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I haven't had to order anything since last Fall (major stuff anyway).

I wonder if the backups are the same for conventional headed things? Example rotator for say a 582 but 24* stuff vs same thing in 12* or 18*

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
We are moving our Top Dragster from Nitrous to ProCharger with the necessary significant changes.

Almost any major part I want is 4-6 weeks plus and rarely is delivered in that time.

As we are a Div 7. car, we don't have another race until October [!!!!], but we still need break-in, dyno, and some initial TnT before going to the races.

Hope we make it!

Posts: 414 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Gerard:
We are moving our Top Dragster from Nitrous to ProCharger with the necessary significant changes.

Almost any major part I want is 4-6 weeks plus and rarely is delivered in that time.

As we are a Div 7. car, we don't have another race until October [!!!!], but we still need break-in, dyno, and some initial TnT before going to the races.

Hope we make it!

Do they still have a reasonable amount of Test and Tune in California?

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
NO!

That is going to be part of the problem!

We are in Bellflower, CA and we had Fontana close by for years, but it closed with COVID-19 and will not be reopening.

Irwindale has a great 1/8 mile track just a couple of miles up the Freeway, but it not a high horsepower track and has a short shutdown for a ProCharger car.

Borona, closer to San Diego, is about the same.

The closest TnT track to us is Fomosa, north of Bakersfield or Las Vegas Motor Speedway, even further!

I started racing in the early 60's and you could race at many tracks on many days then. Gone forever!

Posts: 414 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of The Hawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
It is amazing how far behind everything is now days. A/Fuel team just order a clutch to replace one we killed.10k and year to get.Tried to order aluminum rods 3 months maybe. Cam same thing.Cranks again huge delay.

Now to business tried getting cpl doors for a huse and it is 2 months to get. One siding for verticle board looks 17 weeks. We use to do 6 months for abuild.I will not promise anytime frame on project and all we do is small homes 2000 sq ft and under. Price I can not guarantee unless it is stupid high.Hey I am not near nice enough to spend money to. build someone a house

Seems to be the normal in construction.

Some low volt lighting system switches are now up to 26 weeks out. Light fixtures can be up to 12-16 weeks.

Ridiculous

lane weber

perfecting a better mousetrap

Posts: 158 | Location: Littleton, Colorado | Registered: November 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Simple supply and demand says a supply shortage, especially coupled with increased demand will cause prices to rise.

When you could get Chinese products, the trade off was you could get it immediately for cheap, but it would inevitably be inferior to US products.

At this point there really is no argument for Not bringing manufacturing back. US manufacturing would provide a better product for a higher price, and a major increase US jobs. Due to shortages, the price would be equivalent; therefore, everyone would be better off.

So why won't the politicians make it happen?

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
Simple supply and demand says a supply shortage, especially coupled with increased demand will cause prices to rise.

When you could get Chinese products, the trade off was you could get it immediately for cheap, but it would inevitably be inferior to US products.

At this point there really is no argument for Not bringing manufacturing back. US manufacturing would provide a better product for a higher price, and a major increase US jobs. Due to shortages, the price would be equivalent; therefore, everyone would be better off.

Maybe because the politicians in charge do not want America have good economy.Hard to destroy a country with good economy. Impossible to have one world order with America still standing. My opinion as to why they don't.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
quote:

I personally think a lot of this is happening as we type. Every supplier I talk with has back logs. WE the USA Businesses / suppliers / manufacturers were in no way ready to take over that responsibility. BUT the guys I know are trying.

SL...

Posts: 2103 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post

Because they’re not invested here! Period!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4496 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BP758:

Because they’re not invested here! Period!

In my opinion, the Supreme Court's "Citizen United" decision that money is speech and protected put the nail in almost all politicians following their constituencies in policy matters. The lobbying and re-ection funds now let Big Business and Ultra Rich determine policies.

The "Buy American" attage is gone and offshore production for evermore massive profits drives almost all decisions.

One question: "How much Profit is enough/"

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

In the words of Gordon Gekko:

"Bud Fox: How much is enough?"

"Gordon Gekko: It's not a question of enough, pal. It's a zero sum game, somebody wins, somebody loses. Money itself isn't lost or made, it's simply transferred from one perception to another."

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
You, me and most of us are all for Capitalism but we are living the results of Capitalism without oversight or forward thinking....

It took a good number of years to really show us what could or would happen but we are living in that reality now.....

Politicians lined their pockets......We pay for it all one way or the other....

The supply chain is a F'en mess......beyond a mess.....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
[

The "Buy American" attage is gone and offshore production for evermore massive profits drives almost all decisions.

Biden says White House could drop Trump China tariffs to lower consumer prices.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/b...nflation-11655233761

The madness continues!

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trans Lady:
quote:
[

The madness continues!

Trump tariffs didn't effect consumer prices positively.

The only way to positively effect consumer prices is to put the tariffs on china inputs, like T-shirts at walmart.

Trump tariffs were on china outputs like steel. Steel like Harley Davidson would buy to build bike frames. Trump Thought tariffs on china steel would corner the market for American steel commodity as example. When what happened was it drove American steel higher than china steel, and Harley Davidson moved to china.

If Biden says he's gonna put tariffs on china inputs like T-shirts or anything in Walmart for that matter, then Americans will benefit USA made, because it's US companies hiring chinese. With tariffs on china inputs, it'll drive those american manufacturers back to our shores to hire Americans at a cheaper rate than the input tariffs would cost them.

BUT THAT'LL NEVER HAPPEN!! This is who funds both parties. American manufacturers hiring cheap chinese labor pennies on the dollar. How do you think the Globalists bought Washington DC?

I hope this helps your multinational corporation IQ

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
They count on Americans remaining naive to their cons (lip service).

The Trump tariffs were always a con.

Bidens BS is the same, to divide and conquer.

If they wanna bring the jobs back to our shores, it's simple. Tax chinese inputs (tariffs on every made in china item sold at walmart).

It'll drive the Globalists (American firms) back to America for their manufacturing of goods.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Biden delivered for Big Oil $$$.

While claiming at the same time, he's going after large corporations.

It's a wonderful con.

His followers clap like seals, while it's broken off in them at the pump.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
quote:
[

The madness continues!

Trump tariffs were on china outputs like steel. Steel like Harley Davidson would buy to build bike frames. Trump Thought tariffs on china steel would corner the market for American steel commodity as example. When what happened was it drove American steel higher than china steel, and Harley Davidson moved to china.

WASHINGTON, May 19 (Reuters) - U.S. steel industry groups and the United Steelworkers union on Wednesday urged President Joe Biden to keep in place the steel tariffs imposed three years ago, saying that lifting them now would undermine the industry's viability.

https://www.reuters.com/world/...eu-truce-2021-05-19/

Mike how does an American worker compete with either the low wage, low skilled employees in South and Central America and Asia or the worker in Europe?

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
quote:
[

The madness continues!

WASHINGTON, May 19 (Reuters) - U.S. steel industry groups and the United Steelworkers union on Wednesday urged President Joe Biden to keep in place the steel tariffs imposed three years ago, saying that lifting them now would undermine the industry's viability.

https://www.reuters.com/world/...eu-truce-2021-05-19/

Mike how does an American worker compete with either the low wage, low skilled employees in South and Central America and Asia or the worker in Europe?

You have that backwards, the real question is how does anyone, anywhere in the world compete with the American worker, when American corporations have the allegiance to America, to manufacture within our boarders.

It wasn't competing that drove American companies / corporations offshore to manufacture, it was GREED. They had no competition, until they created it by offshoring their operations.

There's only one way to bring the American jobs back. Tariffs on anything not produced within our shores (inputs).

Everything else, like Trump tariffs on outputs domestic manufacturers use for profits, is a con.

At this point it's a matter of national security.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The founders intended for America to be a wealthy republic.

The government was only put there to protect the rights, property and pursuit of happiness of the people.

What the government has done is the opposite of what it was intended by now putting tariffs (taxes) on foreign outputs like steel, further diminishing reasons for American corporations to manufacturing products within our boarders.

Harley Davidson packed up and moved to thailand and china to stay in business, because of Trump tariffs.

The government is supposed to be taxing foreign inputs - products manufactured outside our boarders, like just about everything sold at Walmart. This would keep the US tax base intact.