DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Englishtown officially gone for ever
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Englishtown officially gone for ever
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted

Posts: 2410 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
that's pretty horrible but at the same time that property has to be worth a fortune and the writing was on the wall for years as well.

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I think we all need to keep this possibility in mind that our tracks are sitting on land that is often quite valuable, and with big property tax bills along with them. Keeping tracks profitable is important to them, and in the long run for us. I suspect that AOC will not be advocating for drag racing facilities.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6380 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
Imagine having a tax bill for 400 acres every year no matter what kind of income it generates. Can't race when it rains, if they weren't open, they weren't making money (with racing). Town limited their schedule SEVERELY! Only allowed to be open certain days, for a limited amount of time. Bad enough that racing is dying, but the locals just helped to kill that track even faster!

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Say what you want but I have an Alice Cooper song to play for the owners and I think most everyone probably knows what it is.

Posts: 35 | Location: northern ohio | Registered: December 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lorco28:
Say what you want but I have an Alice Cooper song to play for the owners and I think most everyone probably knows what it is.

I'm a big Alice Cooper song, so what is it?

I Just Wanna Be God? Wink

How about Billion Dollar Babies?

Spill the beans.......

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Is it: "I'm just doing what is right for my family with my property...sorry hobby racers?"

It's not real catchy though. I think he only sang it in concert once.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6380 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
"Nonetheless, Raceway Park has sat relatively dormant since that time with no discernible cars being stored on the property." - My $.02!

https://dragracingedge.com/the-blog/raceway-park/

Posts: 154 | Location: Beaver Springs, PA | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post