DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Directions help please...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Directions help please...
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted
I am thinking of going up to Bristol for the WFC in July...I am certainly going up for the big Labor Day event...having a new enclosed trailer now I am wanting to go up on the "other" route...

I am coming out of Melbourne Fl...I usually go up 95 to 26 and 26 to 81 into Bristol...I hear there is another way that is less hilly...something about going up I-75...

Anyone that can direct me is appreciated...thanks in advance...

Posts: 1276 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I-75 will bring you through Chattanooga and into Knoxville. Take I-40 east from Knoxville to exit 421 I-81 north to exit 69 Hwy 394. Go right and take 394 past 11E to entrance to Bristol Dragway.

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I think the “other route” from Melbourne would be 77 thru Charlotte to 81 and then south. It’s a little further but I don’t believe it’s any less mountains. The 75 route from down here is WAY out of the way. I know Siegel takes the 26 route with his rig.

Shane Carr

"Sugar Shane"

Posts: 119 | Location: No clue | Registered: March 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I don't know about south of Charlotte but 77 to 81 has only one real long hill and that is Fancy Gap and its not that bad. My mess tops that hill at 55 mph but it is 7 miles up hill right at the NC VA state line. The rest is a cake walk.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
As Ferndale said the pull on I77 at Fancy Gap is easy especially when you compare it to I 26 pulling Saluda and then the pull north of Asheville into TN.

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Ken MacNicol
posted Hide Post
My old 6.5 diesel dually pulling about 15,000 pounds was 28 mph every time on that stretch of 26, but it did it every time

Posts: 38 | Location: Hendersonville, Tenn. | Registered: December 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
Thanks all...

Posts: 1276 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Don't know your timeline but either alternate route will take you near some tracks to check out.