DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Redding Ca Divisional?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Redding Ca Divisional?
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted
How many of you would support a Divisional race in Redding Ca.?
Jesse, Tony and crew have redesigned the facility with major improvements. You can go on FB and see the changes for yourself. Very impressive.
I personally think we need options in this division. Redding is a great option.
I will be testing there in a few weeks.

Thoughts?

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4475 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
For me it would be a lot closer than Bakersfield.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
For me it would be a lot further than Bakersfield....But I'd still go probably. Especially for a divisional or big money bracket race. Just because I agree we need to support ANY tracks left in Calif.

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4450 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I will be there for sure if it happens. Close to a lot of Div.6 racers that would attend and maybe would be nice for both Divisions if the Woodburn and Redding races were a weekend apart. Not good for all but I have relatives in Medford and close friends in Redding. So bring it NHRA. And Dave will b e there.

Posts: 146 | Location: california | Registered: November 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I'd be there. We should have 3 cars up and running next year

.991 60'
4.36 @ 159 so far.....
6.86 @ 198 trying for more......

533" single carb
235" Harrison 4-link

Posts: 1084 | Location: Nova Siri, Italy | Registered: June 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Id be there if we can get the truck done. The question is will the SoCal and AZ guys go? Its a better place than Fallon, which I was ok with it and you know how that was attended. But for me its as close to go to Boise, same form those in Phoenix area. Just sayin, but we need options or we can run them all in Vegas, I am ok with that too Big Grin

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 985 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Yeager
posted Hide Post
Im in! Redding would actually promote the race, and we could have spectators. I have not been there in years. But I do know that Jesse and the team are working very hard to make it a great track.

With that, I'd like Bakersfield to stay on the schedule. However, they have not even listed this years D7 race on their social media or website. So who know what's happening there....

Mark Yeager

Posts: 1380 | Location: Hollister,CA | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I would be there for sure. Of course I'm a sucker for going to the D7 races no matter where they are. We all need to support what we have that's for sure and these guys upgrading that track is good for all of us.

Posts: 186 | Location: Phoenix,AZ | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Dave, big money race at Bakersfield next month

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12275 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
"spectators" HMMMM

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2514 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike English:
Dave, big money race at Bakersfield next month

Hummmm.....How did I miss that...ugh 1/8 mile but beggars can't be choosers...
Couldn't find an entry fee for TnT on Thursday. I'm certain I could use it to shake the rust of me and the car lol

Thanks for the heads up Mike

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4450 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B KING:
"spectators" HMMMM

Redding is a car City. If it’s not a show car it’s a street rod or a race car. Dirt and asphalt. We’ve been racing there since the early 70’s. They respect you and treat you like a pro. They want you to come back.
We even had lawn chairs diving championships! Relaxing

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4475 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Thursday also has a run for the money

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12275 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike English:
Thursday also has a run for the money

Yeah I seen that Mike...It's a "free" race.....IF you pay for the TnT on Thursday. No mention in the flyer what it cost.

Dave

F J B