DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Yea there was racing with fans in the stands this weekend
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yea there was racing with fans in the stands this weekend
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted
Throwdown in T-Town. This was a great event and the track pulled it off. For racers all entries, crew passes, time slips were paperless, hand sanitizer stations located throughout the track. Every other row in the stands blocked off to enforce social distancing.

The first link is a local new report and the 2nd was my day ending early. Qualified #2 but was .0022 behind at the stripe R1

https://www.newson6.com/story/...QuLYdTmzcVi8CUpfMt2g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...feFoHEjCx4hRl--dT9uM

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Big Steve,

Posts: 2405 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Seems like a recipe for other tracks to follow to me.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6366 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Tri State in Iowa was slated to open next weekend. The announced that they were canceling May Friday night. They were afraid about what it would mean for their reputation according to their facebook post. People might see racers from the road and a bunch of people with or without masks I guess. I guess I will reserve my opinion. It is their choice. Eddyville in Iowa had a big turnout last week, and are now limiting entries, based upon if you regularly race there, if you are from Iowa etc.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6366 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
Watched them, Nice clean hits. Like on a string.

Incoming

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TD3550:
Watched them, Nice clean hits. Like on a string.

X2...COOL !!

Posts: 2440 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Whats up with all the school buses in the shut down, field trip or what? Smile

Posts: 604 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HR3377:
Whats up with all the school buses in the shut down, field trip or what? Smile

Track owner gets $5k a month from the school district to let them store them there.

Posts: 2405 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Good to see the crowd sitting next to each other in real normality.

The whole thing is a complete farce, a con job.

There has been no significant increase in deaths in the US in 2020. Yet the citizens continue to concede its rights to the state and allow the economy to be destroyed.

Good to see a break from this at the race, and in the stands.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
must have felt real good big steve to get back on the track and a real nice qualifying effort!!

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post