DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    FRP FIBERGLASS PANELED TRAILER
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FRP FIBERGLASS PANELED TRAILER
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Anyone have any experiences with fiberglass FRP paneled trailers? Looking at an older T&E with these walls. Trailer is great condition. Thanks

Posts: 142 | Location: Ashland,Va | Registered: March 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
As long as nothing is delaminating I wouldn’t be afraid of it. T&E builds good stuff. Might be a little heavy though.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The fiberglass laminate they used has been prone to crack if not stored out of the elements. I have a T&E toter that had long narrow cracks so I removed all the doors and windows and applied .040 aluminum in white using a 3m vhb and a cute little J trim from t&e. I see a stock car goosneck FRP every day on my way to work and it's in shambles. Large delamination areas. It's kinda strange looking with 16" dual tandem axles and a 2' extension built on top of the trailer (looks original) must be a ramp inside for some circle jerk. Anyway, give that baby a good inspection and remember to use short screws when mounting anything inside Smile
As with all T&E trailers the box is structural (frameless) so if there is any damage or rot I'd steer clear.
Good luck
BW

Posts: 186 | Location: Rock><Hard Place | Registered: February 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone

Posts: 142 | Location: Ashland,Va | Registered: March 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Brandon, I would look at this video....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sAXeOUPvm8

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I had one for almost 10 years, held up great, looked like new when I sold it, but it was HEAVY as hell.........Howie

Posts: 72 | Location: SYRACUSE,NEW YORK | Registered: October 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post