DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Get Race Car Insurance
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Get Race Car Insurance
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Beck:
I have been using Bill Horton for the last 12+ years. Never had to file a claim, hope I never do. His coverage is for everywhere EXCEPT from the burnout box to the turnoff. Once you are on the return road you are covered again.

Out of curiosity, how much do you think you have paid in premiums over those years?

Good question. I started with one car and trailer. Added a second car and trailer. Bought another trailer, put one car in that one but kept the insurance on the smaller trailer since I do use it to move cars around. I think my latest premium was about $1200. That is for about $120K in total coverage. I can find the exact amounts, but I believe I have been paying about 1% of my valuation.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
coverage works out to be about $100 per $1,000 and in my case, my premium is about $2,400 for $240,000 coverage on everything.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
coverage works out to be about $100 per $1,000 and in my case, my premium is about $2,400 for $240,000 coverage on everything.

Math isn't your strong point......

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4447 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:

Math isn't your strong point......

I was waiting for someone.....
But the $2,400 for $240,000 sounds correct.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Chevroletdude
posted Hide Post
Does he have a strong point?

Posts: 59 | Location: Stuck in Lodi | Registered: May 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chevroletdude:
Does he have a strong point?

Only his nipples... (.)(.)

Uncontrollable Laugh

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4447 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
So Don comes on here saying you need to buy insurance then when do guys ask some good questions he goes blank.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
It may be possible he actually works during the day and will return to help out his friends and customers tonight..... TGIF

Dave

F J B

DRR / Crew Chief
Picture of RACER99O
posted Hide Post
Don is a good dude. Has been a very respected racer since I've known him since the late 80's. He recently moved to Tennessee from Arizona about 10 miles from me and his daughter lives right down the road.

I'd be comfortable dealing with him on anything.

SL...

Posts: 662 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. kinda | Registered: January 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by suprodn:
So if a racer parks his rig at their house but isn’t inside or in a fenced lot it isn’t covered by the policy.

the Race car is not covered if the car is store long term on a public street ,but if you are going to a race or in between times it is covered

Don Kennedy

Posts: 395 | Location: TN | Registered: December 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Max3565:
Still no answer or replies o how great the insurance was an paid when someone has a loss. I dealt with a Faimly owned insurance agency an like every one says how great they are and how wonderful an inexpensive the policy is ! But when I finally had a problem , they , the Faimly owned agency told me , " we just sell you the policy , you have to deal with the Co , the big corporate Co that has big lawyers and know they will just out spend You an wear You out an give up . I'm not going into details , it was a commercial building . You know my dad gamebled all his life with liability insurance only never no full coverage he was $ ahead . Now if your trapped with bank loans you have no choice . All this with trailer fires , etc , were does it end with doing or buying this or that , were does it end with spending $ ? I've got by with my non insured racing equipment an trailers for 40 years . I just don't read very many stories on how grateful the insurance co was with compensating on the loss . It seems the always find an point out that small print that you didn't read , because you felt you was dealing with a great person an could take his word on how wonderful this policy is going to be for you !

it won't be that way if I am involved ,that is why we require picture of the race car in perfect condition to the insurance companies ,then when it is damaged a picture is sent along with a quote to repair it plus a Police report or witness report then the insurance company sees the race car when it is new and sees it when it is damaged with quotes to repair plus witnesses no GRAY area here

Don Kennedy

Posts: 395 | Location: TN | Registered: December 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
So if I read this right then I would have to unload my car after every weekend of racing or it wouldn’t be covered?

No the race car is not covered it it sets long term .If you are going to a race it is covered like in between races

Don Kennedy

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Max3565:
Still no answer or replies o how great the insurance was an paid when someone has a loss. I dealt with a Faimly owned insurance agency an like every one says how great they are and how wonderful an inexpensive the policy is ! But when I finally had a problem , they , the Faimly owned agency told me , " we just sell you the policy , you have to deal with the Co , the big corporate Co that has big lawyers and know they will just out spend You an wear You out an give up . I'm not going into details , it was a commercial building . You know my dad gamebled all his life with liability insurance only never no full coverage he was $ ahead . Now if your trapped with bank loans you have no choice . All this with trailer fires , etc , were does it end with doing or buying this or that , were does it end with spending $ ? I've got by with my non insured racing equipment an trailers for 40 years . I just don't read very many stories on how grateful the insurance co was with compensating on the loss . It seems the always find an point out that small print that you didn't read , because you felt you was dealing with a great person an could take his word on how wonderful this policy is going to be for you !
The whole process with me is great . when you get insurance through me the first thing you do is send pictures of all four sides of race car ,plus a description of major parts items in car .trans type etc. Then I send the pictures to The Insurance company and they keep them in your file . Then if a race car is damaged I require the following ,Pictures of the damaged race car, any eye witnesses to what happened at least two or three written down , then three estimates of repairing the race car if it can be fixed or in the case of a accident or thief then a police report is great.
Then the insurance company looks at the perfect race car and sees the damaged race car and has three witnesses of what happened and looks at the three estimates to repair race car and pays the claim . No gray area so the insurance company sees the whole picture Claimed processed .This insurance is (key off coverage)

Don Kennedy

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by suprodn:
So if a racer parks his rig at their house but isn’t inside or in a fenced lot it isn’t covered by the policy.

Correct if it is long term it is not covered

Don Kennedy

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
quote:
Originally posted by Don Kennedy:

Our STP program, does not allow the race cars to be stored in a locked trailer for a long period of time, the race cars have to be in a locked garage/building, unless you are preparing for a race and have loaded up the race car the in the trailer that is acceptable. The same thing applies if you come home late from a race and leave the racecar overnight in the trailer.

Don , what if you have an race car on the open trailer that is storied inside a lock 2 car garage that is apart of the home?

covered as long as it is not a public accessable lot

Don Kennedy

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
So Don comes on here saying you need to buy insurance then when do guys ask some good questions he goes blank.

Email me with any questions you may have or call me anytime Don Kennedy 602-284-6240 donkennedy1@cox.net
Sorry about not getting back . i have been very busy give me a call thanks

Don Kennedy

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Sorry Don but I like the questions out in front of everybody so we can all see each other’s questions. An open discussion brings out more information.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Don thanks for answering my questions and I would like to ask one more, what is defined as long term and is the definition in the contract? I race almost weekly during the summer and don’t usually unload unless car needs worked on, weather is about only thing that keeps me home on weekends. I am going to put sensors in my trailer this year that tie it into my home system.
Thanks.

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
With Bill Horton...

Your policy starts by insuring your race car, and you can also cover your trailer and contents, along with tools and spare parts. With few exclusions, the policy provides coverage:

At NHRA and IHRA member race tracks

In transit, or at a hotel or restaurant

At your storage location (even if not at home)

At car shows, and other displays

All year round, even when disassembled!

Coverage is not provided when the car is going down the race track under power, but coverage is provided in the pits, staging lanes, and on the return road.

http://dragracersinsurance.com/coverage.htm

http://dragracersinsurance.com/faqs.htm

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
I am still a bit confused, Don...my race car sits on an open trailer...I race it all year long...the longest it may sit is 3 weeks or so between races...is that "long term"?...the toy lot my rig is parked in is within my gated community..we have no garages and are not allowed to park any type of trailer at our homes, hence the toy lot...I want insurance...

Posts: 1272 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post