DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Get Race Car Insurance
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Get Race Car Insurance
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
another incident with a race car.
Please all racers get your race car insured .The premiums are very reasonable .I really don't care who you use just get your stuff insured .

if by chance you want me to bid out your race car email me the following information
Name
Address
Date of birth
Make Year and model of race car
and how much you wan to insure it for.
The Plan is called "Storage, Transit" and Paddock, (Key off coverage )
Don Kennedy
602-284-6240
donkennedy1@cox.net

Don Kennedy

Posts: 395 | Location: TN | Registered: December 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
has anyone ever actually made a claim with a race car insurance agency that can give first hand experience on the claim process and how it worked? Customer service of the claim, efficiency, etc.

Posts: 785 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The whole process with me is great . when you get insurance through me the first thing you do is send pictures of all four sides of race car ,plus a description of major parts items in car .trans type etc. Then I send the pictures to The Insurance company and they keep them in your file . Then if a race car is damaged I require the following ,Pictures of the damaged race car, any eye witnesses to what happened at least two or three written down , then three estimates of repairing the race car if it can be fixed or in the case of a accident or thief then a police report is great.
Then the insurance company looks at the perfect race car and sees the damaged race car and has three witnesses of what happened and looks at the three estimates to repair race car and pays the claim . No gray area so the insurance company sees the whole picture Claimed processed .This insurance is (key off coverage)

Don Kennedy

Posts: 395 | Location: TN | Registered: December 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
what is the average time for reimbursement of claim?

Posts: 785 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
Don, if you can get me insurance I am ready to go...three different companies would not insure my race car since it stores on an open trailer in an open toy lot...there are no garages where I live...thanks...

Dan

Posts: 1272 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:
what is the average time for reimbursement of claim?

The time period all depends on the situation If a insurance company is going to pay the large claim for thief of course the accountants of the insurance company wants to make sure the claim is legit one thief claim took about three weeks verifying all the data and information sent to the insurance company by the owner such as Police report, pictures of where the thief occurred and witnesses or Police report ,This is standard in the industry .Remember the insurance has a right to do this because they are going to be sending you a lot of money it not a long time if all the information I have ask the racer to send in the information of the incident

Don Kennedy

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fuzzy dice:
Don, if you can get me insurance I am ready to go...three different companies would not insure my race car since it stores on an open trailer in an open toy lot...there are no garages where I live...thanks...

Dan
posted February 28, 2018 06:56 AM Hide Post
unfortunately if a person stores a race car in a public place for a long term and is not going to a race there is no coverage .
Call me 602-284-6240
Thanks
Don Kennedy

Don Kennedy

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
has anyone ever actually made a claim with a race car insurance agency that can give first hand experience on the claim process and how it worked? Customer service of the claim, efficiency, etc.

MightyBirdF145, a Division 1 Super Comp and Super Street racer has and is insured by...

http://www.dragracersinsurance.com/bill_horton.htm

as I and many racers in the northeast are.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
I have been using Bill Horton for the last 12+ years. Never had to file a claim, hope I never do. His coverage is for everywhere EXCEPT from the burnout box to the turnoff. Once you are on the return road you are covered again.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I also use Bill Horton and like the fact that it is insured while driving through the pits or on the return road, rates are very reasonable as well.

Posts: 21 | Location: Jackson | Registered: March 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of suprodn
posted Hide Post
So if a racer parks his rig at their house but isn’t inside or in a fenced lot it isn’t covered by the policy.

Posts: 63 | Location: Watchn my motor go boom on the dyno | Registered: April 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:

MightyBirdF145, a Division 1 Super Comp and Super Street racer has and is insured by...

http://www.dragracersinsurance.com/bill_horton.htm

as I and many racers in the northeast are.

I also unfortunately know of a number of racers who have benefited from Bill's insurance program! Dan Page Race Cars did the work and all were very happy in the end!

Posts: 2141 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Still no answer or replies o how great the insurance was an paid when someone has a loss. I dealt with a Faimly owned insurance agency an like every one says how great they are and how wonderful an inexpensive the policy is ! But when I finally had a problem , they , the Faimly owned agency told me , " we just sell you the policy , you have to deal with the Co , the big corporate Co that has big lawyers and know they will just out spend You an wear You out an give up . I'm not going into details , it was a commercial building . You know my dad gamebled all his life with liability insurance only never no full coverage he was $ ahead . Now if your trapped with bank loans you have no choice . All this with trailer fires , etc , were does it end with doing or buying this or that , were does it end with spending $ ? I've got by with my non insured racing equipment an trailers for 40 years . I just don't read very many stories on how grateful the insurance co was with compensating on the loss . It seems the always find an point out that small print that you didn't read , because you felt you was dealing with a great person an could take his word on how wonderful this policy is going to be for you !

Posts: 14 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg3728:
I also use Bill Horton and like the fact that it is insured while driving through the pits or on the return road, rates are very reasonable as well.

all the plans are the same i know Bill .I don;t care whom you racers get your race car insured just do it .the premiums are very reasonable .I a, upset at the issue of a race car being damaged and the racer has no insurance . call Bill or me Bills number is 203-274-8954 and Don Kennedys number is 602-284-6240
My rant is over

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Don Kennedy,

Don Kennedy

DRR Sportsman
Picture of SST386
posted Hide Post
I just recently got my racecar insured by Don Kennedy. Very smooth process. Premiums so low you can't afford not to have it.

Posts: 361 | Location: KENTUCKY | Registered: May 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by suprodn:
So if a racer parks his rig at their house but isn’t inside or in a fenced lot it isn’t covered by the policy.

This is a STP policy: Covered while in Storage, during Transit to and from events, and in the
Paddock of the track. This is OFF-TRACK COVERAGE.

(S) The storage, transit & paddock coverage (STP) covers the racecar while in storage for fire & theft.
(T) Traveling to & from the track while in a trailer for physical damage to the vehicle in case of upset of vehicle from the trailer.
(P) In the paddock area.
Our STP program, does not allow the race cars to be stored in a locked trailer for a long period of time, the race cars have to be in a locked garage/building, unless you are preparing for a race and have loaded up the race car the in the trailer that is acceptable. The same thing applies if you come home late from a race and leave the racecar overnight in the trailer.
This policy has no liability coverage, as liability extends from your towing vehicle covering the race-car if it is upset from the trailer and causing others bodily injury or property damage, and the physical damage does not apply to the vehicle driven on the street. Therefore cars that are registered and tagged are not eligible.
Photos of all four sides of the vehicle and one of the engine which can be emailed to

Don Kennedy

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Kennedy:

Our STP program, does not allow the race cars to be stored in a locked trailer for a long period of time, the race cars have to be in a locked garage/building, unless you are preparing for a race and have loaded up the race car the in the trailer that is acceptable. The same thing applies if you come home late from a race and leave the racecar overnight in the trailer.

Don , what if you have an race car on the open trailer that is storied inside a lock 2 car garage that is apart of the home?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J178RED,

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2697 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
I don't know if STP will cover me or not...my race car sits on an open trailer in an on premises "toy lot" when not being raced...I race an average of twice a month all year long since I am in Florida...it sits one to three weeks between races...Horton and the rest turned me down...

I will call you, Don, because I would very much like to insure my rig...

Posts: 1272 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
So if I read this right then I would have to unload my car after every weekend of racing or it wouldn’t be covered?

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Beck:
I have been using Bill Horton for the last 12+ years. Never had to file a claim, hope I never do. His coverage is for everywhere EXCEPT from the burnout box to the turnoff. Once you are on the return road you are covered again.

Out of curiosity, how much do you think you have paid in premiums over those years?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6362 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post