New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bill Bader
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Another great one gone. Bruton Smith now Bill Bader. RIP

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CrewMan
posted Hide Post
Damn this is sad....

A role model for anyone on how to run a facility and treat their customers.

Have attended many an event / race at NRP and that guy was top notch.

RIP Bill!!!!

"Some things are better left unsaid... usually it's the S**T I blurt out first.

Posts: 116 | Location: Loveland, Ohio | Registered: September 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of smashm
posted Hide Post
Bill will always be remembered as a warm, giving human being. An all around good person & an amazing business mind. The entire family has followed his example & carries on the tradition. He will be sorely missed. He was truly an inspiration to all that he met & whose lives he had touched. God speed Bill.

Posts: 68 | Location: Southwest Florida | Registered: June 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
i really hate to hear this. Bader was a great person and businessman. i got to know him through my Dad during the IHRA days. he called us when hearing of my Dad's passing and was very gracious. he made everyone feel like they were important and truly appreciated people. he was a great person.

ep

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
RIP Bill

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
RIP Bill. You built one heck of a race track. Was there this weekend and enjoyed it greatly.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4178 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
What a terrible loss. He knew what customer service was all about. RIP Mr. Bader.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Ditto Mr. Floyd

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3304 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear of his passing. He retired to Riggins, Idaho which was about 75 miles from where I grew up. Nicole and I spent a few days there after our wedding.

It's a Beautiful but rugged area. I seen an ISP report he was involved in a UTV crash only accessible by off road vehicles.

The area is known for white water rafting, salmon fishing, jet boats and hunting.

Posts: 2100 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
He was a great guy to talk to. I`ve been racing at his facility since 1994. I`ve watched it changed over the years. Everything there is state of the art. I remember in 2016 i pulled in and saw a guy changing garbage bags in the 55 gallon drums that are all over the track. It was him. I pulled up to him and asked him why are you doing this job. He smiled at me and shook my hand and said, he wanted an easy job for a change. What a great guy. They broke the mold after him.

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Wild Wild West 2
posted Hide Post
The drag racing world definitely lost a good man with Bill Bader. He knew how to treat the customer, be it a spectator or a racer. I am thankful to have won the 1996 IHRA World Nationals race in Super Rod and have winner's circle pictures with him. He will be missed. Godspeed sir.

Tim West
"Wild Wild West" Racing

mickeythompsontires.com
tciauto.com
compcams.com
www.motorsportsinnovations.com

Posts: 309 | Location: Spartanburg,SC | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of bubbletop
posted Hide Post
Couldn't agree more w/all that's been said! Both as a person and an owner/operator.
Condolences to Debbie, another great person....

Posts: 13 | Location: MA. | Registered: April 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Great stories told at his memorial service, a few captured in this article

Bill Bader Sr memorial

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
He cared about his racers. Some could learn from him. Great guy.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post