DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Sponsorship proposal ideas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sponsorship proposal ideas
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted
Im wondering if any of you have a sponsorship proposal that would be a little different or maybe just listen to my idea... i have a close friend that wants to help, hes a fellow bracket racer and i wont be asking him for millions but also id like to make it different like, a predeposit for all buybacks i could potentially use into a kitty. Whatever i win off a buyback which is seemingly more commonplace we would split 50/50 or whatever. Anything left in the kitty could get rolled into next year or given back. Hes not rich nor am i, he wants to help and i want to make it more interesting for him based on how i do. So if i attend 8 race weekends with potential of being based on our local tracks buyback being $40/$60 sat/sun that would be $800.... the sfg race is another $800. $1600 i wouldnt have to pay, but not necessarily use. Would help me with weekends and the cost isnt severe for him. Thats assuming alot but what do u all think?

Ryan Fasano

2014 Byron Overall Track Champion
Byron's actual elevation is 730' because that matters more than winning anything ever....

Posts: 535 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: January 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted Hide Post
Essentially he could make money, break even, only be out a minor amount or at worst $1600

Ryan Fasano

Byron's actual elevation is 730' because that matters more than winning anything ever....

Posts: 535 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: January 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
I bet you could end up doing better on track with the idea that you don't have to worry about the buyback aspect and you'd probably drive better...

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
If he makes money, it comes out of your pocket (you would have been better off paying your own buybacks and keeping 100% of the winnings). And vice-versa, if it benefits you, it comes out of his pocket. Not a win-win in any scenario. I'm not seeing how it makes any sense for anybody.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Sounds more like partnership than sponsorship. If all agree with good understanding then should work out fine. IMO Make sure its full understanding of how money will be split cost and winning wise and then go .

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4178 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Well it depends on your buyback ratio, if its high my be a go deal. And if low why do it. That 50% split also seems a little high, but it all depends on how often you go rounds. The main thing is you both are happy about the arrangement, GOOD LUCK

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted Hide Post
I guess my thought was, if he just gave me $1500 lets say and i slapped a sticker on the car he wouldnt really have any skin in the game to make it exciting or for anyone to pay attention to results but if he had the opportunity for a return on investment being a friend maybe itd be more exciting for him. Just a thought, glad i ran it past you guys as it helps to hear others perspectives.

Ryan Fasano

DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rymo:
I guess my thought was, if he just gave me $1500 lets say and i slapped a sticker on the car he wouldnt really have any skin in the game.

His "skin in the game" would be you having his sticker on the car for notoriety. That's how sponsors get paid. The problem with bracket racing is that no one outside of the sponsor cares if there's a sticker on the car.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post