DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Top Sportsman/Top Dragster
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Top Sportsman/Top Dragster
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Don't forget that you also get an event jacket. Mine just showed up today for my Winter Nationals win straight from China with my last name spelled wrong.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
We don't race for the jacket either, my son has never worn his but they spelled his name right.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T/D6591:
Don't forget that you also get an event jacket. Mine just showed up today for my Winter Nationals win straight from China with my last name spelled wrong.

Moe Trujillo-son?

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thats almost as bad as the Houston nationals sportsman show on Fox, Mark Jones won TD but Brian Lohnes said in the cometary that Wayne Landry had won even though the camara was focused on Marks car. Just shows that to cometary is read from a script in a studio. Just a sad situation for Mark Jones and all his friends and family who were watching the show

Posts: 2430 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
there is no gun to their heads making them to attend.

That might be the only marketing arrangement that might work at this point. And it still might not.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I can see some advantages to running PDRA as opposed to NHRA but the payout complaint I do not understand. Looks like about $8,000-$10,000 to win a national event compared to $4,000 in PDRA? I am looking forward to running my first NHRA Top Dragster event next weekend with my little 6.90 car since it’s basically an all-run field in D3 now…

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sc3171,

Posts: 59 | Location: D3 | Registered: May 24, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
the complaints are bs, largely voiced by the go fast crowd whos only concern is rotating the earth. The best of the best compete in the NHRA.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
the complaints are bs, largely voiced by the go fast crowd whos only concern is rotating the earth. The best of the best compete in the NHRA.

And then Troy Williams Jr. decides to randomly run super comp in 2020 wins the US Nationals and finished 2nd in National championship with minimal Throttle stop data!

Laughing Hard

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Troy has run and won Super Comp before and he had far more than "minimal" throttle stop data. The facts are he had 8 SC races of data in 2020 before the US Nationals including having run at Indy just 1 month before though previous data is not needed. Just decide how much you want to hold and send it, it's a bracket race.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
PDRA keeps the show going. They also treat the racers very well, making sure they are on time, the track is ready, and the tech guys don't have a superiority complex.

I'll run the same track with two different associations within 2 months (PDRA and NHRA) and there is a world of difference on how you are treated between the two.

Posts: 290 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Ticket:
PDRA keeps the show going. They also treat the racers very well, making sure they are on time, the track is ready, and the tech guys don't have a superiority complex.

I'll run the same track with two different associations within 2 months (PDRA and NHRA) and there is a world of difference on how you are treated between the two.

Not worthy clapping

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

Posts: 3100 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
If you haven't run PDRA you have no idea. They don't run medium dragster over there unless you want to bracket race ...lol ....

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by "The Bender":
quote:

Moe Trujillo-son?

HAHA

J.R. Baxter

""Fathom the hypocrisy of a Government that requires every citizen to prove they are insured ..but not everyone must prove they are a citizen."

2024 Miller
Rolla Competition Engines
ProCharger
Hoosier Tires
Abruzzi

Posts: 1518 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Wax on,Wax off.

Posts: 1708 | Location: Portland,Oregon | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wax on,Wax off.

Pain da fence....

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Wax on,Wax off.

Pain da fence....

Up,,, Down,,, Up,,, Down,,

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Moe Trujillo-son?

It’s Wong ??

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4498 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
Yes.
And 2 Wongs don't make a White.
Big Grin

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Everybody wang chung tonight

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Pro
Picture of T/D6591
posted Hide Post
Richmond Nationals this past weekend 10 T/D