DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    I think we landed on the Moon?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I think we landed on the Moon?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
f you’ve read last week’s blog, I spoke about some of my concerns regarding the timing systems we have to deal with on-track. Boy, did that ever start a s##t storm of sorts. If you hadn’t read it, click here - https://dragracingedge.com/the...we-land-on-the-moon/.

https://dragracingedge.com/the...-landed-on-the-moon/

Posts: 154 | Location: Beaver Springs, PA | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You are good John. Keeps them sharp Big Grin

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I liked those explanations and ideas.
When we installed the first timing equipment "computers" at my track in Iowa we used small 12V wet-cell tractor battery to power infra-reds. Pre-Stage & Stage, 60', 330', 660' ET and MPH, 990' (old days remember?) 1/4-mile MPH and ET infra-reds. 16 batteries total.
The reason was the electronic guy who helped with trouble-shooting did not like the fall-off and inconsistent 5V signal he was getting from the tower. He made me resistors to take the 12-13.3 to a rock solid 5V.
It eliminated a major "re-run" issue we were having with TSI equipment. Before the summer was over TSI had improved their Super System to provide a steady 5V at each infra-red connection.
I think today's Banner brand infra-reds operate in a "range of voltage but I am not positive.

Could it have been something else? Sure but track owners and organizations sometimes need to think outside the box.

We had dial-ins change on the scoreboard and on the printer when a local farmer's cooling fans drew so much power it dropped us by 25 volts several times an hour. Finally fixed with new transformers off a different feeder line. Strange things happen, no doubt.

I will take luck over skill in about any race, anytime.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1219 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Speaking of things that make you go Hmmmm.

https://www.dragracecentral.co...NHRA-SUMMIT#indextop

Way down there in the Number #11 Pro Stock spot is Fernando Cuadra Jr. Notice his mph? 214.93. He has the Number #1 qualifier...and the rest of the field...covered by a full 3 miles per hour . If the #11 qualifier has the field covered by 3 TENTHS of a mph, I'd call it odd. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD6297
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:
Speaking of things that make you go Hmmmm.

Way down there in the Number #11 Pro Stock spot is Fernando Cuadra Jr. Notice his mph? 214.93. He has the Number #1 qualifier...and the rest of the field...covered by a full 3 miles per hour . If the #11 qualifier has the field covered by 3 TENTHS of a mph, I'd call it odd. Take care. Tom Worthington

I noticed that as well. The top were all within a couple tenths at 211 and there he was at 214.

Greg had that last event as well, running a full 2mph faster on one run, but was competitive with ET then next pass was back to the same MPH as the field.

Must be a conspiracy! KB is spraying but got the timing wrong! LOL

Posts: 149 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Left Lane: Cristian Cuadra No Time, Now #16; Best prior run: 6.611/209.20, Was #16
Right Lane: Fernando Cuadra Jr. Runs 6.620/209.98, Now #13; Best prior run: 6.582/ 0.00 , Was #13

Cristian Cuadra has a fuel leak on the burnout and is shut off.

Fernando Cuadra Jr.'s speed from both sessions yesterday were thrown out. Cuadra Jr. with a clean pass, but will not improve.

Hmmmmmmmmm. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post