New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
Someone over on MotorMania claiming to be Jeff Miles says he bought Memphis International dragway. Was my understanding that he was first supposed to go to Palm Beach, it is supposedly being sold, and he was supposed to be going to Memphis to run it. I thought both these tracks belonged to IHRA which along with supposedly 3 others were. And IHRA was owned by IRG. Someone clear this up, from running it to owning it for Jeff Miles.

Posts: 6191 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
This is my understanding...Jeff was let go from Orlando...he then got the job as track manager at Memphis with one proviso...he agreed that if he turned Memphis around in 90 days he would get a transfer to Palm Beach...he did so and was set to take over Palm Beach on Nov. 1st...all of a sudden the track was sold so that deal fell through...yes, Memphis is owned by IRG who also own Palm Beach and the IHRA and a few other tracks...word on the street is he may be leaving Memphis as that is up for sale as well...

Posts: 1272 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
Having owned and sold Carolina Dragway, Jeff might be in a position to buy Memphis but I cannot confirm this at present...

Posts: 1272 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Just as I thought Fuzzy

Posts: 6191 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
What are the latest on Memphis?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6352 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
If/when there's an announcement to make, I'm sure an announcement will be made.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5727 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of tommy d
posted Hide Post
Hey , don't coming over here speaking common sense Micheal.

Posts: 30 | Location: Indiana | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
I know IRG sold Maryland International back to Royce Miller. Seems Memphis is the only one owned by IRG now...or maybe it has sold.

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of tommy d
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tommy d:
Hey , don't coming over here speaking common sense Micheal.
Good Morning

Posts: 30 | Location: Indiana | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Beard:
If/when there's an announcement to make, I'm sure an announcement will be made.

You are a wealth of valuable information to be sure.
Cordova is being sold and is staying a race track, which is exciting news.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6352 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:

And also someone who can respect someone else's business.

__

Posts: 5727 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Are you pretending to be in the know, or pretending to be noble?

Or both?

Sounds like a gimmick, PR.

Otherwise, Why even comment?

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Someone else's business?! I'm pretty sure IRG doesn't have my number, and if they did, they wouldn't give me a jingle to let me know that they were announcing something. But instead of saying nothing, or that you had heard nothing, you reply with teenager snark. I'm kinda surprised to see that from you of all people. Ask a simple damn question and someone's gotta snark ya.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
It ain't snarky, it's less white. Big Grin

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
so i have a ? if ihra is off loading all of the tracks they own will there be an ihra. they really don't have much to offer imo anymore and haven't for many years. not that i hope they dissolve because i would like an alternative to nhra sometimes.

ep

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
so i have a ? if ihra is off loading all of the tracks they own will there be an ihra. they really don't have much to offer imo anymore and haven't for many years. not that i hope they dissolve because i would like an alternative to nhra sometimes.

ep

I'm no expert on it, but my understanding is that they have never owned tracks. IRG, the company that owns IHRA bought at least these three tracks. One of them was Cordova, when Scott Gardner took over leadership at IHRA.
My humble opinion is that the bracket program is decent at IHRA. They have nice team races at the end of the season, and they have a worldwide race of champions at Memphis after that....or they had. I'm curious what will become of Memphis. Rumors of it becoming a parking/storage lot of sorts, or remaining a racing facility. The Summit super series still has some money in it. They do miss out IMO on the TD/TS thing. Most tracks don't draw enough of those cars to make a decent track championship out of it unfortunately.
As far as what they have to offer......I'm not sure what more I would need from them. I have heard rumors that the organization could be cut loose from IRG. I had not heard the hostile takeover thing, but that may be spot on.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Someone else's business?! I'm pretty sure IRG doesn't have my number, and if they did, they wouldn't give me a jingle to let me know that they were announcing something. But instead of saying nothing, or that you had heard nothing, you reply with teenager snark. I'm kinda surprised to see that from you of all people. Ask a simple damn question and someone's gotta snark ya.

THAT'S your takeaway? -=facepalm=- You are the one that started with the "You are a wealth of valuable information to be sure." Respecting people's private business and businesses choosing when to announce something if they have something to announce are perfectly straightforward concepts. Ironically, I was surprised to see your replies as well. Guess we'll just move on.
Sorry to have interrupted the rumor mill.

__

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Jeff posted a schedule for 2022 yesterday so I guess the races are ON…

Posts: 1247 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
Jeff posted a schedule for 2022 yesterday so I guess the races are ON…

THIS is why I asked. Thank you Whomp for the information.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo