DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    You are a **** Ed! Awesome!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You are a **** Ed! Awesome!
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
4th round Saturday.

That said, our competitors can expect Kyle will not agree to most splits in future big $ races. No disrespect to those that want to or need to split but we don't race for a living and when we decide to compete at a big $ race, especially one where we are traveling many hours and hundreds of miles, we are doing so for the race as stated on the flyer and will be racing for the winner's purse as advertised.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
If you want a split, go the Dairy queen or Baskin Robbins Laughing Hard

Posts: 2399 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
We don't do splits there either Falling of chair laughing

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
You should have hopped in your hot rod and made some laps Ed, tell Kyle great job I didn't manage to stop by at the nationals to say hey.

Posts: 120 | Location: Indiana | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Kyle was killing it, congratulations and glad we got meet briefly.

Posts: 181 | Location: COLUMBUS | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys and Bill thanks for introducing yourself and thank the track crew for us.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Will do!

Posts: 181 | Location: COLUMBUS | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
That boy you guys raced at 4 cars is a good dude. He is from Ohio and his name is Nick Hastings. Just runs off the bottom with his feet swapping brake and gas. Has won plenty with that Chevette looking thing. I do not think it is even 400 cu.in let alone 500 or 600 inches. I have known him for at least 17 years. Very talented. When ever he races the Dragsters it looks like a David and Goliath scenario but those that know Nick know his odds are real good and usually works out in his favor. You got beat by probably the very best no delay box racer with a short wheelbase Chevette lookin thing off the foot brake. No grid, no race pack, no trans brake. very simple 600 hp. car. Nick is pretty phenomenal as a driver. If you guys had to lose you were beat by one of the best.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Everybody that competes at or follows big $ gambler races is aware of Nick's resume. Further Peter Biondo has stated that in his opinion Nick is the best at this game and we will be talking about him for years to come.

That said, Kyle missed the tree when they ran, the semis/Rd 8 was a 20s bulb affair for all except Hastings. If KMoney has the tree next time they run, the outcome will be different.

BTW, his car is a Pontiac T1000 and I'm told he doesn't own it. Regardless, he is very good in it.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Can't blame a man for running what he (and everyone else at the race) signed up to run for.

If people are worried about having these races split, don't attend them until the promoters push the purse back through the field more.

But don't forget, that single 100k diminishes fast, and the new 25-30k race will still be 450 bucks to enter.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If one guy says he don't wanna split it don't matter, the split still happens.

It's just more incentive for everyone else to get the one who won't split, out.

They don't need the track to do the split.

The one who don't wanna split is a none issue.

It goes all the way back to the very first Million Dollar bracket race when One guy didn't wanna split.

They know exactly how to do it, with years of experience.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
We ain't skeered and splits aren’t an entitlement and not guaranteed but the winners purse is as stated on the flyer and if you don’t like that we ain’t going split then my advice to you is bring your A+ game when you line up with my son before the ridiculous discussion starts about splitting at 16 cars. We aren’t coming to these races to get to the round of 16!

That said, I want to thank Cole Cummings, Troy Williams and Peter Biondo who commented on fb supporting Kyle’s decision as well Kyle's competitors there that spoke to him afterward that supported his decision.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Ed,

I agree with you. I wouldn't split at 16 cars either. I understand its more money for all but like Ed stated you are racing to win what's published on the flyer. Good call not splitting at 16 cars.

Posts: 100 | Location: Albuquerque | Registered: September 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
Great job guys !!!! My boy Lou was driving his azz off also. Maybe you should go to the million. Just sayin.

Posts: 621 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
thanks guys.

Wish we could Bob but we work for a good living, not race for a meager living. That said, it's doubtful we will ever attend "The Million" based on how the promotor handled the Hunter issue last year.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1625 | Location: UsA | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Falling of chair laughing Laughing Hard Laughing very hard Dancing Cat clapping

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CrewMan
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Laughing Hard

"Some things are better left unsaid... usually it's the S**T I blurt out first.

Posts: 116 | Location: Loveland, Ohio | Registered: September 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
That pic is great hahaa

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1385 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post