DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Traveling Indiana / Ohio US HY30 ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Traveling Indiana / Ohio US HY30 ?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Traveling Indiana / Ohio US HY30 ?

I’m considering traveling on US HY 30 from I-65 (Indiana) to I-71 (Ohio) and want to know if this is a good route to take. Anything to be aware of going this way?

I’ve always traveled I-80 across IN / OH which is all tollway.

TIA for any advice, Mark

Posts: 2456 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
As a surface road it will quadruple your trip time. Towns, villages, burgs, etc. Not to mention slow drivers, police radar, are you sure you want to do it. By the way 1-80 may be faster but the road surface sucks. Have a good time.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
On the Indiana Turnpike the 50 miles on the East side of the state (both ways) is extremely rough. Last year I was only traveling 55 mph to keep from doing any suspension damage to my truck and trailer towing to D42. And they charged me $30 for the full 157 mile one way trip.

According to MapQuest going US HY30 instead of I-80 is 11 miles and 50 minutes longer. I only travel 65 mph maximum while towing.

Posts: 2456 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
From Fort Wayne to Mansfield OH it’s good to go, basically it is an interstate. Fort Wayne to the west it goes thru a lot of towns. Stop and go...

Kurt Harrington

Posts: 10 | Location: Muncie IN | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kurt, that’s the information I was looking for. I’m traveling the Indiana part in the very early am hours so I think I’ll give it a try.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I think they have alot more 4 lane than what there used to be also before you set to Warsaw.

Posts: 607 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
I’ve done it a few times, 30 in Ohio is smooth sailing, from 65 there is a lot of stop and go but still much better roads than I80 in Indian

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post