DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Did he cross the center line or not?
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 26
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did he cross the center line or not?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 69427:
quote:
Originally posted by head gamez:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

**** box over the centerline in the picture used to say it didn’t cross.

Explain this!

You don't know the rules?

The original call was "no one crossed the center-line before the finish line"... "tell the Nova to get ready for the final round"

*Experienced* track officials will recognize this as track official *lingo*.

It answers two questions regarding disqualification.

1. it's not against the rules to cross the center-line after the finish line.

2. The Nova never contacted the "foamy" (by crossing the center-line before the finish line)

I and everyone else involved, heard the original call over the track walky talkies, from the tower to the scales, where we were.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
By the time we heard the original call over the track walky talkies at the scales.

Track officials were 5-10 minutes into a 30 minute or so clean-up of the left lane.

We couldn't see the track because of all the trailers, but we could hear the clean-up equipment on the track.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

Track officials were 5-10 minutes into a 30 minute or so clean-up of the left lane.

Is that when they replaced the timing block?

Posts: 105 | Location: upstate NY | Registered: January 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Reyer:
quote:
Originally posted by 69427:

He was definitely over the centerline there.

No kidding? I voted yes to the poll.

It's not against the rules to cross the center line after the finish line.

How many times does this need to be said to sink in?

It's...... not ..... against .... the ....rules ... to .... cross .... the ..... center line ..... after .... the ..... finish line.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Mike have a great "moved on? day! I love to keep going but have to finish getting ready to head to Norwalk and race next weekend. Long drive from here.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 983 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Al Alguire:
Mike have a great "moved on? day! I love to keep going but have to finish getting ready to head to Norwalk and race next weekend. Long drive from here.

Drive safely keep the shiny side up, the liberal mob wouldn't know what to do without you leading the way by example.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post

Feeling - A belief especially a vague one or irrational one.

Al Alguire has a feeling the Nova contacted the orange "foamy" finish line fixture , bless his heart.

The observable facts say the orange "foamy" never budged until the nova was well past it.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Drink! Smile Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1227 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
we expect to here Al for the W next week

ep-stay off of the cones

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
we expect to here Al for the W next week

ep-stay off of the cones

You got a feeling again? Maybe you should check the facts first, Al air's up the tires for the driver. You might not have these feelings.

Everyone gets a trophy? Confused

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ya'll need a new defiler, I heard Stelter is looking for work.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Wow look at Mikey go throwing barbs as soon as I reply, BIG surprise Roll Eyes even throws out the old "bless his heart".

The only here who has ANY feelings over this entire event is you Mike. You has proven that time and time again over the last 4 years. Anytime anyone who makes even the slightest statement contrary to his version of events that fateful day is immediately attacked and he goes off on a tangent. Proof that he is quite emotional even still over the correct call being made. Hell how many topics on here have you derailed going off on tangents over a perceived slight over the correct call? We all know you simply will never "get over it" or "move on". Speaks volumes to your emotional state on being caught killing a cone.

Then again I could put up a picture of a black dog and we all know he would spend the next 6 pages trying to convince everyone it was a white cat, with and endless stream of memes, irrelevant quotes, music videos, and references to communism, liberals and references to his feelings of martyrdom and superiority. A truly emotional state if ever one has been seen.

Time to hit the road to check tire pressure.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 983 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Al Alguire:
Wow look at Mikey go throwing barbs as soon as I reply, BIG surprise Roll Eyes even throws out the old "bless his heart".

The only here who has ANY feelings over this entire event is you Mike. You has proven that time and time again over the last 4 years. Anytime anyone who makes even the slightest statement contrary to his version of events that fateful day is immediately attacked and he goes off on a tangent. Proof that he is quite emotional even still over the correct call being made. Hell how many topics on here have you derailed going off on tangents over a perceived slight over the correct call? We all know you simply will never "get over it" or "move on". Speaks volumes to your emotional state on being caught killing a cone.

Then again I could put up a picture of a black dog and we all know he would spend the next 6 pages trying to convince everyone it was a white cat, with and endless stream of memes, irrelevant quotes, music videos, and references to communism, liberals and references to his feelings of martyrdom and superiority. A truly emotional state if ever one has been seen.

Time to hit the road to check tire pressure.

You have a *feeling* the Nova contacted the orange "foamy" track fixture, nothing more.

Al Alguire - "I have a *feeling* the Nova crossed the center-line and contacted the orange "foamy" finish-line track fixture. I'm basing everything I think I know, on a *feeling*. I have no proof, facts or evidence of it occurring.... only a feeling, my feeling".

If judge asked you explain how you know the Nova contacted the "foamy" ... Eventually you'd have to back peddle to saying ... "okay, I have a feeling the Nova contacted the *foamy*.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Drink! Smile Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1227 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Feelings ... wo ...wo...wo... feelings wo... wo ...wo nothing more than feelings. How's that song go wo...wo...wo feelings.

WOW!!!

Facts, the orange "foamy" never budged

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Now he says "Facts, the Orange Foamy thing never budged"

Bless his Heart. We can all see the video and you have not changed anyone's mind. The only thing you have done is prove to everyone you are not normal. We do not care who it is you hit the cone, cross over line or hit the wall you are out. Those are the Rules for all of us and nobody has singled you out or made up any special rules for you. Face it you lost may be time to move on and get over it. I lost a round one time. Still stinks but I was able to get over it.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3961 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
WTF CARES? To help all out only one and nobody else!

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4160 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Curly has a feeling the Nova crossed the center-line, no proof, no facts, no evidence of it occurring.

The facts he ignores are as follows.

1. The original call - "no one crossed the center-line before the finish -line, tell the Nova to get ready for the final round.

2. The "foamy' never budged validating why the original call was made.

3. The wagon loaded in the trailer as a result of the original call.

4. The reversal call to put the wagon back in the race -the most damning fact for track officials at Bradenton and the reason they've hidden from clarifying.

Track officials claimed the Nova's front tire lead straight to the front side of the orange "foamy" finish line timing fixture.

5. Eyewintnesses in my pit who saw and heard all the tall tales from Bradenton track officials.

These are the facts, the facts could care less about Curly's feelings or Al Alguire feelings.

You two have nothing more than feelings, no facts, no proof, no evidence, only feelings.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
BTW more facts...

1. For the greater good is communist and anti- American.

2. I didn't make Bradenton look bad, they made themselves look bad by taking money earned by one racer and handing it to another of their preference, unearned. Also anti - American

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
You think the whole World is out to get you, they are not. (Paranoid?) We simply do not care that much, we all see it on the video and you mad at us because we see what happened and refuse to play into your fantasy?

Nobody is mad at Brandenton for enforcing the rules. Nobody is mad at the NHRA or IHRA for making those rules. If you are mad then you would be, well you would be Nobody.

You whining and crying about it for 7 years or how ever long it has been has not changed the facts, the Rules or anyone's mind. It has not changed Brandenton or NHRA or IHRA only thing you have done is prove you lost and are crazy.

You think it is all about you and World revolves around you. That is not true.

We support the rules of the NHRA, IHRA and the tracks. We all know the rules if you cross over you lose and if you do not like that rule then lobby NHRA to change it. But do not act like a Democrat and say those rules we all live by do not apply to you when you get caught breaking them.

We all saw what happened and agree you lost. We have accepted it and deal with it to the best of our ability. Though some may be devastated and destroyed we have accepted your loss as fact and have moved on long ago. I for one will not try to go back in history and change an irrelevant fact.

When you pull into a track to race and sign in and pay your money to enter you are accepting the rules of the NHRA, IHRA and track. Now if you do not accept those rules then you maybe need to find another sport. Do you think those rules do not apply to you? WTF?

There is no question if you lost or not, you lost. Fact. The question here is when will you accept it and move on with your life?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3961 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post