DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Did he cross the center line or not?
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 26
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did he cross the center line or not?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Let's blame you crossing over the center line on the track. The guy that ran right before in your lane you crossed over to. You both definitely crossed over. Is he still crying about it or has he grown up and accepted reality?

The announcer said so, we all see it and it was obvious. We understand you do not like it and can not accept the Truth. Still we refuse to believe a lie just to shut you up. Just because you repeat the lie every day does not make it true. The track made the right call disqualifying you once you crossed over the center line.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3966 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Why would I lie, when the screen shots from the video are self evident?

The "foamy" never budged until the Nova was past it.

These orange "foamy" finish line fixtures weigh 40 grams, a piece of paper weighs 3 grams.

This is common sense stuff for anyone with a decent IQ.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
There is that darn reflection again in your last picture, thanks for highlighting it with a white arrow for everyone. Damn science keeps getting in the way.

Not that is matters but when you idiotic incident and rant began I was no living in Las Vegas, but that's neither here nor there just on the record for your continued streak of being wrong.

The really sad part in all this is I am sure Mike is a decent guy. Seems to have some knowledge to share as well. But he just cant let this go. Again try that ole serenity prayer, again I am sure you know it but just in case.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 984 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
They're so light,they jump off the ground when they see a draft.

Look they jump up.

The draft is off the back bumper, how do you think NASCAR pull each other around Daytona?

When the Nova crossed the center line after the finish line, the draft off the back bumper peeled the "foamy" off the track surface.

This was the original call ruling the Nova winner.

QUOTE "No one crossed the center line before the finish line, tell the Nova to get ready for the final round" END QUOTE.

Any experienced track official will recognize that quote as track official lingo. I heard it over the track walkie talkies.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Al Alguire:
There is that darn reflection again in your last picture, thanks for highlighting it with a white arrow for everyone. Damn science keeps getting in the way.

Not that is matters but when you idiotic incident and rant began I was no living in Las Vegas, but that's neither here nor there just on the record for your continued streak of being wrong.

The really sad part in all this is I am sure Mike is a decent guy. Seems to have some knowledge to share as well. But he just cant let this go. Again try that ole serenity prayer, again I am sure you know it but just in case.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference.

Let it go, I'm good, I moved my show to Orlando SpeedWorld.

Love it there.

This isn't my thread.

I got a message last night, next race is Aug 27, I believe.

I'll be there with bells on, and a different torque converter and gear third race in a row.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have nothing to let go of.

Good for you getting back to racing. I have been to Speedworld a couple times. But my last venture there was 2017 so been a minute.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 984 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have nothing to let go of.

Good for you getting back to racing. I have been to Speedworld a couple times. But my last venture there was 2017 so been a minute.

Orlando Speed World is immaculate today, JW Performance sponsorship and they announced last race SUMMIT jumped on board, with BLP in there as well.

The place is spotless, not a pot hole or blade of grass un-mowed.

Track surface is smooth as a pool table.

Lady cleans the bathroom behind everyone for tips.

So bathrooms are spotless clean.

Food is excellent.

Christ Prayer, National Anthem and it's on.

I'll go to bracket finals for them this time around, if they ask again this year.

Orlando is like going back in time 20, 25 years in America.

Americana.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Forgot to mention

Blue stage lights LED Compulink tree, the sun is a none issue.

Big LED scoreboards.

I'm more than good with the move. Love it.

Blessing.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
Let's blame you crossing over the center line on the track. The guy that ran right before in your lane you crossed over to. You both definitely crossed over. Is he still crying about it or has he grown up and accepted reality?

The announcer said so, we all see it and it was obvious. We understand you do not like it and can not accept the Truth. Still we refuse to believe a lie just to shut you up. Just because you repeat the lie every day does not make it true. The track made the right call disqualifying you once you crossed over the center line.

He crossed. He must be a Democrat, can`t accept the truth.

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 434 olds:
quote:

Grab a screen shot and show us. You can't

Hot air.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:

You keep saying

"we see where you crossed the center line",

"you definitely crossed over",

"it was obvious"

"the track made the right decision disqualifying you when you crossed the center line"

I hope you know this is all worthless drivel if you can't post a screenshot photo from the race in question YouTube video, of what you claim is so obvious to see.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
quote:
This has been played out adnauseam, but hey ill play along. You want more pictures here you go, I even circled the SCIENCE for you. First picture is the MPH block, note there is NO REFLECTION coming from it as there would not be, SCIENCE. Picture two shows a reflection coming off the block. The reason, that block has been turned off its anchored position, you know where they glue it on. That's again called SCIENCE. See in the science of reflection, the angle of incidence(that means the light from the source in the wall for you Mike) equals the angle of reflection(the light bouncing off the reflector from the wall Mike). If that block had remained unmoved there would not be a reflection from the light source hitting the camera, agian SCIENCE

Its science, or are you going to claim science is wrong and you are right. The ONLY way that finish line block can cast a reflection back at the camera is if it has been turned. The camera position being between the two lights proves the block has moved. IE no reflection from MPH cone and a reflection from the ET cone. Its pretty rudimentary science frankly.

No reflection from MPH cone, again even circled it for you.

And the reflection cast from the finish line cone, again I circled the science for you, that reflection only happens one way.

I pointed out that reflector issue at least a year ago....but ya just can't tell the truth around some people. They never listen

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1217 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
It's so obvious the Nova crossed the center line before the finish line, not one of of the persons claiming it was so obvious, can grab a screenshot from the video of the race in question, to prove just how obvious it is.

Twilight Zone.

Same people who claim to wonder why this country has gone to hell in a hand basket, daily on this site.

Same people who voted for GW Bush and thought they voted for a republican LOL!!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
quote:

Hot air.

Did you get the win? No!

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
quote:

Hot air.

Did you get the win? No!

In a kingdom of lies, telling the Truth is treasonous.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
ok retow. you did not hit the cone, it stayed where it was, everybody is wrong and you got cheated.

ep-please move on now

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
ok retow. you did not hit the cone, it stayed where it was, everybody is wrong and you got cheated.

ep-please move on now

Not everyone is wrong, only six people participating in the poll, got it wrong.

The Nova did cross the center line, it's self evident it did, after the finish line.

Crossing the center line after the finish line is not against the rules.

I understand what it is you're trying to say though.

Although, if you read the title of the thread (poll question), it is misleading because it's not specific.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hotrod Corvette:
I pointed out that reflector issue at least a year ago....but ya just can't tell the truth around some people. They never listen

Those photos are old from when this came up on YB, like 4 years old. #Science

As for Mikes twilight zone comments apparently science is something he cannot accept Razz Keeps referring to wanting a photo that he knows no one can produce given the evidence at hand due to the angle of the camera. Yet uses a doctored photo to try and convince. But he has "moved on" thats pretty clear.

Mike you do realize that first photo showing before you hit the cone further PROVES the light reflection science right? Note there is ZERO reflection coming from that UNMOVED cone in that photo. You even used a nice red arrow to point that out. Thanks for playing. You just make this to entertainng, which is why many come here anyway. But your replies do nothing more than further provide proof you actually did ht the cone.

And of course just after you hit and turned the cone..Look a reflection

Marcus Tullius Cicero

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Have a nice "moved on" day Mike...

Marcus Tullius Cicero

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Trust the science right Dr. Fauci??