Bracket Talk
Did he cross the center line or not?

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/75460652/m/5227021996

August 22, 2022, 09:32 AM
Wild Wild West 2
Did he cross the center line or not?
Well I suppose I should make a comment about this. The video that is being shown of "the run" gives no real proof of crossing the center line before the finish line, but it also gives no real proof of not crossing the center line before the finish line. The only real proof that could show it either way would be a video from the starting line looking down track or an overhead video of "the run".

However, in all cases of a judgement call for crossing the center line before the finish line, that call should come from the "official starter" on the starting line or someone that is in the tower, if the tower is behind the starting line.

But once a call was made, it should have been maintained (right or wrong) and the race should continue.

So really, the video being shown doesn't prove or disprove crossing due to the camera angle.

Could the air from the car make the timing block move over - it is plausible. That is why you need a "real" starter watching the cars go down the track.

But it does look like the Nova was, at the least, riding the center line and did potentially hit the timing block.

Note to all - sorry if I gave him more ammunition in his argument !

Tim West
"Wild Wild West" Racing

mickeythompsontires.com
tciauto.com
compcams.com
www.motorsportsinnovations.com

August 22, 2022, 09:52 AM
Mike Rietow
quote:
Originally posted by Wild Wild West 2:
Well I suppose I should make a comment about this. The video that is being shown of "the run" gives no real proof of crossing the center line before the finish line, but it also gives no real proof of not crossing the center line before the finish line. The only real proof that could show it either way would be a video from the starting line looking down track or an overhead video of "the run".

However, in all cases of a judgement call for crossing the center line before the finish line, that call should come from the "official starter" on the starting line or someone that is in the tower, if the tower is behind the starting line.

But once a call was made, it should have been maintained (right or wrong) and the race should continue.

So really, the video being shown doesn't prove or disprove crossing due to the camera angle.

Could the air from the car make the timing block move over - it is plausible. That is why you need a "real" starter watching the cars go down the track.

But it does look like the Nova was, at the least, riding the center line and did potentially hit the timing block.

Note to all - sorry if I gave him more ammunition in his argument !

The orange "foamy" finish line fixture is 12" wide and the center line is 10" wide, so by these two photo's from the video 5 feet before the finish line and 5 feet after, I have no clue how anyone comes to the conclusion the Nova was ever on the center line... but it is what it is.

I agree though once the original call was made "No one crossed the center line before the finish line, tell the Nova to get ready for the final round" and the wagon was loaded up.

It should have stood and the final round ran under that result.

The reversal call to put the wagon back in was 100% fiction. It said the Nova's right front tire lead straight to the front side of the finish line orange "foamy". Everyone can also see by these two photo's that was a made up out of thin air story to put the wagon back in the race.

I knew something was wrotten in Denmark when track officials refused to clarify anything or even discuss it in the days following the race, once we all saw the video of the race.

I still think the person who made the original call from the tower, needs to clarify. It's the only rational (American) path to putting this to rest.

I appreciate this opportunity to be put under pressure, because it's only gonna make me a wiser, better, stronger individual. So thank you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,
August 24, 2022, 08:19 AM
Curly1
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

I appreciate this opportunity to be put under pressure, because it's only gonna make me a wiser, better, stronger individual. So thank you.

Well you did learn what happens when you cross over center line.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion
August 26, 2022, 08:48 AM
Mike Rietow
Anyone else notice? The identical percentage of those who couldn't figure their way out of a wet paper bag when it came to Little Dr Fauci injections nationwide, checked the box to bend over and hold their azz cheeks open if it were them given an impossible story to put their opponent back in the race 45 minutes after being ruled loser, without a peep.

83% is also the percentage bounced around by masterminds for depopulation, for sustainability.

Any connection?

August 26, 2022, 09:09 AM
Mike Rietow

August 26, 2022, 02:28 PM
Mike Rietow
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Reyer:
No matter how much you beat this dead horse, the outcome will remain the same. You moved the block and were DQ'd.

No one here is going to change their minds, no matter how many times you try to explain or justify what happened.

But we're the idiots, lol.

Yes, you have proven yourself to be of pour judgement by taking untested, unproven injections. Your opinion no longer counts.

Cheers to those with the ability think their way out of a wet paper bag because of a mind of their own.

August 26, 2022, 03:41 PM
imakehp
PLEASE, let him have the last word/post......why do you idiots argue with the mental standing on the corner screaming at the cars driving by?!

Dave

F J B

August 26, 2022, 04:08 PM
Mike Rietow
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
PLEASE, let him have the last word/post......why do you idiots argue with the mental standing on the corner screaming at the cars driving by?!

You must mean laughing at the 83% lemmings who jump off the cliff for officials on command, no matter how unbelievable their so-called official stories are.
August 26, 2022, 07:32 PM
ferndaleflyer
I have tried to stay out of this and have no opinion of if he crossed the center line or not BUT---once the call is made it should stand let alone wait 45min and then change it. Give me a break!
August 26, 2022, 07:45 PM
imakehp
Who said it was 45 minutes later?

Dave

F J B

August 26, 2022, 10:21 PM
Mike Rietow
quote:
Originally posted by imakehp:
Who said it was 45 minutes later?

August 26, 2022, 10:28 PM
Mike Rietow
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
I have tried to stay out of this and have no opinion of if he crossed the center line or not BUT---once the call is made it should stand let alone wait 45min and then change it. Give me a break!

The clique didn't appreciate my stunt driving, took em awhile to think of something after the wagon was already loaded up in the trailer declared loser.

Same clique I walloped at Sunshine. Took 5-6 years off, they weren't happy to see me first race back apparently, on the way to the final again.

45 minute cleanup in the left lane allowed for enough time for them to come up with the tire track leading to the front side of the "foamy" impossible story, to put the wagon back in the race.
August 27, 2022, 12:36 AM
Mike Rietow
One for Bradenton Smile

August 27, 2022, 02:13 AM
Tom396
Drink.

Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.
August 27, 2022, 07:26 AM
Curly1
quote:
No matter how much you beat this dead horse, the outcome will remain the same. You moved the block and were DQ'd.

No one here is going to change their minds, no matter how many times you try to explain or justify what happened.

That is it he crossed over the line he hit the block and was disqualified. The announcer said he hit the cone. We all know it and nobody should have to even tell you that you are out because you crossed over line. As for the other guy He probably knew you were close but how would he know you hit the cone unless you were way ahead of him?

This is so simple I am amazed that some do not grasp the concept. You cross over line or hit wall or cone you are disqualified. PERIOD.

The track official call is final. PERIOD. Does not sound to me like they changed their minds 45 minutes later. Sounds to me like they saw you hit the cone. They had to send someone to put it back and that you do not accept that fact. They should not have even had to send anyone to you to explain the rules. You should know them. Literally everyone else here knows when you cross over line you lose. As long as you have been racing you should know that to.

The question is not IF you crossed over (You did) the question is when will you accept that fact and move on with your life?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion
August 27, 2022, 09:49 AM
Mike Rietow
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:

That is it he crossed over the line he hit the block and was disqualified. The announcer said he hit the cone. We all know it and nobody should have to even tell you that you are out because you crossed over line. As for the other guy He probably knew you were close but how would he know you hit the cone unless you were way ahead of him?

This is so simple I am amazed that some do not grasp the concept. You cross over line or hit wall or cone you are disqualified. PERIOD.

The track official call is final. PERIOD. Does not sound to me like they changed their minds 45 minutes later. Sounds to me like they saw you hit the cone. They had to send someone to put it back and that you do not accept that fact. They should not have even had to send anyone to you to explain the rules. You should know them. Literally everyone else here knows when you cross over line you lose. As long as you have been racing you should know that to.

The question is not IF you crossed over (You did) the question is when will you accept that fact and move on with your life?

Your drivel sounds good to the low IQ in the room, however the high IQ is looking at the same video of the race as you are, and the same as you can't show using a screenshot, they don't see the orange "foamy" budge until after the Nova's passes it and draft off the back bumper of the Nova peels it off the track surface.

I got a new girl now - Orlando, and she looks a whole lot better anyway.

I got the hell out of the third world shyt hole Bradenton.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,
August 27, 2022, 10:04 AM
Mike Rietow
Only in a third world shyt hole do officials run away and hide from their actions (abuse of power) by not commenting / clarifying.

Why do you think Trump is calling America a third world shyt hole under Biden?
August 28, 2022, 09:51 AM
Mike Rietow
Dangerous play at the plate, someone could've gotten their neck broke.

What say the Libturds? Should the officials have thrown Johnny hustle out at the plate, for reckless endangerment? Smile

August 28, 2022, 10:34 AM
quote:
The clique didn't appreciate my stunt driving,

Would you elaborate on this, stunt driving, and what exactly where you doing and why?
August 28, 2022, 12:33 PM
Mike Rietow
quote:
Originally posted by 69427:
quote:
The clique didn't appreciate my stunt driving,

Would you elaborate on this, stunt driving, and what exactly where you doing and why?

Stunt driving to a libturd is anything other than holding the steering wheel straight.

Did I guess right? Confused