Notify
Tools

RIP Rooster
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Good read, thank Mike!

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Met Rooster briefly at Farmington for a Thanksgiving race. Could tell he was a good person.

Race in peace!

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hetzler
posted Hide Post
Rooster was the very definition of racetrack family. I always knew regardless of where I went, if Rooster was there I always had someone to pit next to and to hang out with, even if I didnt know a single other person there. Rooster was probably one of the tuffest guys I knew. He rarely complained about being sick, no matter how bad he felt. But if he did complain to you, you knew you were one of the few people he was letting in on that "secret." I knew earlier this year when he started talking about selling his car things werent heading in the right direction.
I'm sure gonna miss ole Rooster. Frown

2011 Roxboro Top ET Champion
1999 Eddyville Mod ET Champion

Posts: 525 | Location: Orange County, NC | Registered: September 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
going to miss seeing that 4-door nova beating up on some high-end super pro cars.

Posts: 94 | Location: goldsboro,nc | Registered: January 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Anyone know if they are still having the memorial for Rooster Sat at Farmington? Says races are cancelled but no info on memorial.

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The memorial service for Rooster has been moved to Saturday December 1st at Farmington. The time will be 10am. Roosters wife Diedra will have his car driven down the track and anyone else that would like to follow will be welcome. After the drive down the track we will all meet in the pits where Rooster parked for the memorial service. Diedra and family will be in the tower's VIP room afterwards for everyone to meet and tell your Rooster related stories. She will have some food and a power point presentation.

Please attend if you can. She and the rest of the family want to see each of us.

Thanks

Stuart Smith

Posts: 204 | Location: Lenoir | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post