DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Chris McGaha protesting Elite Motorsports
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chris McGaha protesting Elite Motorsports
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
...I still miss ole Darrell Alderman....

Why, was he your drug supplier? Two Thumbs down

I too liked Darrell's personality, very upbeat.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I Miss the Dodge boyz, Darrell and Scott. For me it’s all bs rumors. I don’t recall them ever being thrown out for cheating. I could care less about the entire shop breakin thing.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4491 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of bradsc1954
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Hammond:
quote:
Originally posted by bradsc1954:
I don't think NHRA would have said anything publicly if they were cheating. NHRA has to much to lose. But if the Elite cars are slow in Brainard. They I would suspect something was found.

This hole statement makes zero sense at all. What does NHRA have to lose? And why would NHRA allow Elite to still cheat at a national event when they were all torn down interviewed on national TV?

What does NHRA have to lose? How would it look for 2 people with a total of 7 championships to all of a sudden be cheaters. Doesn't do much for the marketing dept. Right or wrong with the build up of Jeg and Erica, how does NHRA spin that one. I am not saying that Elite was illegal. I am just saying NHRA had to much to lose from a marketing stand point. NHRA struggles to fill the stands. They have a lot to lose.

After watching the interviews, I have more for respect for Chris and Jeg. I think they both acted like professionals.

Posts: 133 | Location: Weare NH USA | Registered: July 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Hammond:
quote:
I don't think NHRA would have said anything publicly if they were cheating. NHRA has to much to lose. But if the Elite cars are slow in Brainard. They I would suspect something was found.

This hole statement makes zero sense at all. What does NHRA have to lose? And why would NHRA allow Elite to still cheat at a national event when they were all torn down interviewed on national TV?

What does NHRA have to lose? How would it look for 2 people with a total of 7 championships to all of a sudden be cheaters. Doesn't do much for the marketing dept. Right or wrong with the build up of Jeg and Erica, how does NHRA spin that one. I am not saying that Elite was illegal. I am just saying NHRA had to much to lose from a marketing stand point. NHRA struggles to fill the stands. They have a lot to lose.

After watching the interviews, I have more for respect for Chris and Jeg. I think they both acted like professionals.

You still don’t know what you are talking about. If NHRA was worried about their image they never would’ve said there was a protest in the first place. NHRA has had 8 sellouts and an equal number of near sellouts this year along with record numbers of tv ratings. So again you don’t know what you are talking about.

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
NHRA struggles to fill the stands

where is your statistics on that one?? their events have been packed with numerous sell outs

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Darrell was technically cheating and banging Amato's wife.

Posts: 32 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: September 24, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don’t recall them ever being thrown out for cheating. I could care less about the entire shop breakin thing.

There is a world of difference between cheating and being thrown out. It's a political world we live in. The "shop breakin thing" was a set up for Dodge to gracefully exit pro stock per NHRA pressure.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of sc4087
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
I Miss the Dodge boyz, Darrell and Scott. For me it’s all bs rumors. I don’t recall them ever being thrown out for cheating. I could care less about the entire shop breakin thing.

The entire racing community knows they were cheating.

Mike Greene

Posts: 509 | Location: Burleson, TX | Registered: March 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:
I don’t recall them ever being thrown out for cheating. I could care less about the entire shop breakin thing.

There is a world of difference between cheating and being thrown out. It's a political world we live in. The "shop breakin thing" was a set up for Dodge to gracefully exit pro stock per NHRA pressure.

A lot like Michael Jordan's "retirement" from the NBA to play minor league baseball.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3154 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
quote:
NHRA struggles to fill the stands

where is your statistics on that one?? their events have been packed with numerous sell outs

wut? really? I've only watched a small amount and i haven't seen the stands half full.

Posts: 1625 | Location: UsA | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T172JR:
wut? really? I've only watched a small amount and i haven't seen the stands half full.

Is that because they were all the way full? HMMMM

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3154 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
NHRA may claim sell outs but visually it is hard to tell. Their TV viewer ratings are dismal (1.2 to 1.6 Share). I think best ones have been on Fox with 700,000+ viewers. I would guess 90% are on DVR as it puts me to sleep watching the entire show of interviews.
Still watch it but condense it into about 30 minutes.
How about take Tony P out of the booth and put Bruno in... he knows current tech info and terminology.

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Why not add an outlaw style class to the day? Get rid of something that nobody watches and replace it with something popular

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6398 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toad1:
NHRA may claim sell outs but visually it is hard to tell.

I'm also calling bull**** on their claim of "sellouts". Years ago, if you didn't have your butt in the stands before the TF & FC sessions, you were watching on your feet and that's IF you were lucky enough to find a gap along the fence. I think the NHRA puts out a low target now just so they can congratulate themselves on another 'sellout' and convince the advertisers & sponsors that they have their finger on the pulse of drag racing.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 626 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:
quote:
Originally posted by Toad1:
NHRA may claim sell outs but visually it is hard to tell.

I'm also calling bull**** on their claim of "sellouts". Years ago, if you didn't have your butt in the stands before the TF & FC sessions, you were watching on your feet and that's IF you were lucky enough to find a gap along the fence. I think the NHRA puts out a low target now just so they can congratulate themselves on another 'sellout' and convince the advertisers & sponsors that they have their finger on the pulse of drag racing.

Then why don’t they claim sellouts for every event? And if you’re a paid advertiser like Mello Yellow you will have access to attendance numbers for every day and every event.

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
I just think their sellouts are based on a projected ticket sale number that they promise advertisers. I'm not saying they aren't achieving those numbers, just that they like to toot their own horn and I don't know if its an accurate comparison to the crowds they used to get. I'm saying that they decide a ticket sales goal of 10,000 for example - they sell 10,200 & tell Mello Yello what a great job they did, but maybe 15 years ago that event got 12,000 people. Who knows?

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 626 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BD104X:
I just think their sellouts are based on a projected ticket sale number that they promise advertisers. I'm not saying they aren't achieving those numbers, just that they like to toot their own horn and I don't know if its an accurate comparison to the crowds they used to get. I'm saying that they decide a ticket sales goal of 10,000 for example - they sell 10,200 & tell Mello Yello what a great job they did, but maybe 15 years ago that event got 12,000 people. Who knows?

Exactly.

Those of us that have been going to E-Town for the Summer Nationals remember how the crowds used to be there. If you didn't come back to find seats when Pro Stock Bike was starting to run, you probably were going to be standing at the fence and hope you are tall enough to see! We would be three, four deep on BOTH SIDES!

E-Town has a lot of permanent stands, yet they still brought it and set up a lot more temporary stands and filled them!

That was then, this is now. Forget about E-Town, it's done with Drag Racing. But look at these other tracks with "sellout" crowds. They have NO STANDS! Not hard to sell all 8K seats you have, but if you had 15K, would you still be selling tickets after that first 8K???

Maple Grove has a lot of seating, but look at tracks like New England or Virginia. Vegas has a nice set of stands, ON ONE SIDE! The other side may have held 1K, if that.

Let's face it, attendance has to be down 50% since the 70's and 80's, and it isn't coming back.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The "sellout" is probably the reserved seats are sold out.

Posts: 109 | Location: NY | Registered: April 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post