Find
Notify
Tools

info on run sheet
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Trying to work up a run sheet,so old guy tuning can keep info straight.

I have my old sheets from TA stuff,but too much not applicable stuff. Wondering what others are recording. Want to cover everything needed,but not so much that its harder to find info that really counts. My old stuff is two pages per run with everything from weather to how much driver ****ed going down track.LOL

Right now I have
ET
MPH
60'
330'
1/8_____,mph_____
1000"
1/4_____ @____
Comments

Track temp
Coe(reading on traction gauge)
ALT.
Temp
Humidity
Baro.
Density
water grains
Corrected ALT
MAin jet
Hi spd1
Hi spd2
mixture%
timing
curve number
stage temp
oil temp
trans temp
tire____________ pressure rt/lft____/____ runs
box settings dealy___=RT____
T1___,T2___,T3____
Sle timer ______ chip____
Data file_______________________________
Comments________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok what all else would be useful info and yes some is stuff for future pieces like data recorder.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I don't know if you have it somewhere else, but how about date and location? I like to include dial in and right or left lane, also. As I'm sure you already know, there is no such thing as too much space for comments. Smile Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Run completion.
Which lane
Sun position

Some of your items to me are redundant. If you are watching water grains, is there any benefit to watching humidity %? If you know the barometer, the altitude is kinda secondary. Corrected alt and density are imo redundant.

I guess John Force can have a guy reading track temp and COF. That may be excessive for a bracket car...but if ya got the peoples to do it!
As far as oil temp water temp trans temp.....are you going to remember all of those from when you are staging? Or do you have a data recorder?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Actually track is header on top of page. I do have which lane listed on paper just missed when typing above.

Comments; how much room to say driver did great tuner screwed up ,tuner did great driver screwed up or hell everybody screwed up? Guess Chris did great but Chris screwed up covers it all,

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
If you are watching water grains, is there any benefit to watching humidity %?

Sure. One is a measure of the actual amount of moisture in the air, and one is the saturation level caused by that amount of moisture. Some cars may hit a dropoff point when the air is too saturated, that won't be reflected in grains.

Overall, I see several items that may be better listed at the head of the page, that likely wouldn't change during the course of a bracket racing day. Jetting, timing, tire pressure, SLE timer, chip, etc.

I assume that T1, T2, T3 are incremental times? If not, I find those extremely valuable.

As others have said, a place to put what the car would have run if you stayed in it.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3160 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
T!,T2 and T# for timers that function off delay box. As for weather info IMO there is no such thing as too much there.

What car should have run I figured for comments under performance,but maybe a predicted et slot is needed.

Jetting and timing may not change during weekend,but I like reference as to what setup was at that track when performance was recorded.

As for temps.I am getting old but can remember few numbers till get back to trailer,as long as not too many questions between starting line and trailer. Data recorder later.

Track info does not have to be every run but rather a comparison as to what it was last time I raced that track. Both temp and traction reading can be gotten while car is in staging lanes,provided have some place to store meters,like 4 wheeler.If not right before going to lanes will work. Again may not be a have to have,but if have meter(I do) might as well use.Hell might screw up and find something to help me do better job with shoe polish.

Assuming by incrementals you mean between clocks instead of clock times. I guess would be handy to not have to do math,but hell math class is only one did extremely well in. Trigonometry and general english,explains bad spilling habits.

Sun position is a good one to add .I know two local tracks that move .02 with sun location.

Guess including stuff for future like temps(8).co2(2),ds spd/eng rpm at clocks and fuel pressures would all be good to have.

Yea I still have the Top Alcohol tuner living inside and figure all info can be useful at some time. I know computer records are preferred by most ,but hell you know a guy building a FED has a lot of old school in him. For me paper is just easier to refer back to.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wideopen231,

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
maybe have weekend setup sheet and run sheets to give quicker glance info?

While I know its bracket car.I can barley count numb er of times that I found what was causing issue by referring back to old run sheets with tons of info.Most of that info helped at some point in time.

Prime example could be if performance falls off and looking back at numbers indicates converter is slipping more on top end than normal or converter is normal but egt's are higher than normal.Bad pump or restriction in system.

While some find tons of info adds confusion I find that for me it aids in refinement and deducting of any problems. Plus I enjoy reviewing during week while sitting in front of boob tube.

Thanks for replies and keep going.I figure few things I will over look that apply to bracket car.I know lots I will have don't in most opinions.

DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted Hide Post
All i care about other than the timeslip is the split times / temp,humid,baro, a place for a W or an L, and what i would have ran. thats it, dont complicate things, it aint a TA car.

Ryan Fasano

2014 Byron Overall Track Champion
Byron's actual elevation is 730' because that matters more than winning anything ever....

Posts: 535 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: January 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rymo:
All i care about other than the timeslip is the split times / temp,humid,baro, a place for a W or an L, and what i would have ran. thats it, dont complicate things, it aint a TA car.

Ryan is deadon !!! I don't have that much time between rounds , I double up on more than half the races I go to. Some info is good but really Chris you better have a few crew members so you can do the paperwork.....LOL

Tip PC

How is that trailer coming??

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted Hide Post
If you spent half the time you spend on this forum on your car youd be out there going rounds barely having time to write down anything from a timeslip let alone the novel that youre wanting. Its bracket racing

Ryan Fasano

Byron's actual elevation is 730' because that matters more than winning anything ever....

Posts: 535 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: January 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted Hide Post
just bustin ur.... the real answer is, too much info is going to hurt you, you'll spend the whole time driving up to the lanes worried if it'll run this or that or what this did to affect that, (just hold another number) meanwhile you should be noticing simple trends, like hey my car slows about a number an hour in the heat when the suns out, or whatever. make it consistent, make it predictable and just make passes...

Ryan Fasano

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rymo
posted Hide Post
ding ding ding.
that's what I use, and really all you need
quote:
Originally posted by Trans Lady:
quote:
info on run sheet

https://www.jegs.com/PDFs/990-...ngLogSheetInside.pdf

Smile

Ryan Fasano

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^This

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
If you are watching water grains, is there any benefit to watching humidity %?

Sure. One is a measure of the actual amount of moisture in the air, and one is the saturation level caused by that amount of moisture. Some cars may hit a dropoff point when the air is too saturated, that won't be reflected in grains.

Overall, I see several items that may be better listed at the head of the page, that likely wouldn't change during the course of a bracket racing day. Jetting, timing, tire pressure, SLE timer, chip, etc.

I assume that T1, T2, T3 are incremental times? If not, I find those extremely valuable.

As others have said, a place to put what the car would have run if you stayed in it.

That's why I don't use either of those. I collect temp, baro, and .......dew point. Dew point is a lot like grains, but you can easily see when the dew point is approaching the temp. Many tracks and cars will fall off when those two numbers get within a number of degrees of each other.

You do as you like. But you asked, and most don't have time nor interest in collecting unneeded data between rounds. Don't sweat the petty stuff. And don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Let me ask this. Once this spreadsheet is operational, will it be able to keep track of the number of runs on critical components? Like tires? Valve springs? That is mighty nice info to have at your fingertips. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Answer to Tom's question. Yes. I have a esperate section where I keep number of runs on each piece. I have a date serviced on each.I can then go back and count runs sheet numbers and make note on how many as of_______.

Now stuff like tires,fluids and susch I have blank in runs sheet to note number of runs on them. Helps me keep track of stuff like tire compound getting harder)durometer reading) at___ number of runs. Which may or may not coincide with performance change.

The old heads up tuner thing makes me more prone to over maintenance then under,same with info.

Again my lack of in depth explanation may cause confusion ,reason I am bad teacher. I don't really revue all info at track,I just like having it for study comparison during week. I did not figure most would record as much info.I was more wondering what I have not made section for that would be more needed for bracket car,like the sun location suggestion.

I did forget wind direction which I can see having effect on et and predicted et.Minor but this is game of .00___ 's.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
just bustin ur.... the real answer is, too much info is going to hurt you, you'll spend the whole time driving up to the lanes worried if it'll run this or that or what this did to affect that, (just hold another number) meanwhile you should be noticing simple trends, like hey my car slows about a number an hour in the heat when the suns out, or whatever. make it consistent, make it predictable and just make passes...

10" of rain in 2 weeks here.Unless its a drag boat laps not happening even if I had trailer to get car there.Maybe spend time hunting down cpl a--holes who owe me money which I need for materials to build trailer would be better use of time! Then lawyer fees get in the way.LMAO

As for worried about what I am going to run I have one basic rule for most everything.Go with guts first instinct. I may get me once in while but it wins most of the time. I quit second guess stuff long time ago.Yea old age teaches you, if I live to get there.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J178RED:
quote:

Ryan is deadon !!! I don't have that much time between rounds , I double up on more than half the races I go to. Some info is good but really Chris you better have a few crew members so you can do the paperwork.....LOL

Tip PC

How is that trailer coming??

Double entering not happening with this deal. Around here first 3 or 4 rounds which means almost same number of cars(buy backs for first two rounds) you have plenty of time provided something unplanned like breakage doesn't happen. Besides not being busy between rounds screws me up. Without a thrash I am lost and don't function as well.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Trailer parts are coming,wish bills owed in where to. Might need italian uncle to help out.LOL