DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Fall Footbrake Frenzy Nov 29-Dec 1 @ Piedmont
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fall Footbrake Frenzy Nov 29-Dec 1 @ Piedmont
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted
Thanks to YOU, we've had a GREAT year at Loose Rocker events, and we're looking forward to rounding out the season at Piedmont Dragway with two of our favorite events - our 10K/20K/10K specialty events, one just for Top ET Doorcars (and left-steer roadsters) and the Thanksgiving Tradition just for Footbrake!

- There's *NO* Pre-Entry! Everything is "pay-at-the-gate"!

- Win 4th Round in Saturday's $20K main event and earn more than the ENTIRE 10K/20K/10K $380 Weekend Entry -- now that's affordable big money bracket racing!

- Weekend Entry tech cards go into a year-end drawing for a chance to win a 28' Vintage Outlaw trailer from Walton Trailer Sales, a $2,500 Gift Certificate good toward a set of Trick Flow Cylinder Heads, or Loose Rocker Gold Cards! (Do not have to be present to win!)

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5731 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post

It's November! Make your plans now!

__

Posts: 5731 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
Piedmont Dragway Fuel Pricing:
VP-110 $10.50/gal
VP-112 $11.50/gal
VP-M1 methanol no lube $5/gal
VP-C16 $105 per 5 gal pail

__

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post

The Thanksgiving Tradition continues with another awesome design for the event apparel from ASI Racewear for the ATI Performance Products FFF!!!

Pricing
$15-tees
$20- long sleeve tees
$25- crew neck sweatshirt
$35- hoodies

Text Anthony for all special orders with colors/sizes
910-382-6723

__

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
Stay tuned... we will continue tracking the trend of Sunday's forecast on multiple weather services, and will determine which way we need to go late Thursday afternoon. Announcements will be made on the Loose Rocker facebook page as well as the DragRaceResults.com Bracket Talk message board.

Gates will be open all night Thursday night. Tech cards and spectator/crew will be sold at the main gate Friday morning. Safe travels to all, have a very Happy Thanksgiving, and we'll see y'all soon!

__

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
PLAN B: We are going to run for $20K Friday, $20K Saturday. All payouts will be per the 20K on the flyer with the exception of Runner-Up both days being raised to $6,000.

Weekend Entry $380
Single day 20K: $230
Re-entry: $150
WIN $20,000
R/U $6,000
Semi $2,000
$200/Rnd starting Rnd 3 Win

Sorry for the late call, but we've been juggling a large number of forecasts from different sources. The one thing they almost all agree on is a significant amount of rain Sunday morning, with a strong chance of it continuing into the afternoon to the point that we could complete the race. Thanks for bearing with us. Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving, and we look forward to crowning two deserving $20,000 Champions, and awarding thousands of dollars worth of round prizes along the way!

Gates will be open all night. Tech cards and spectator/crew bands will be sold at the main gate at 8 a.m.

__

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2107 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
After twice being a bridesmaid at Loose Rocker events, Kevin Pollard finally punched through for his first Loose Rocker Eagle trophy, and the $20,000 Big Check on the first day of the ATI Performance Products Fall Footbrake Frenzy. Pollard's feared Chevy Luv truck was also honored with the Gibbs Race Cars Best Engineered Award.

Pollard got the better of Edmond Ellison in the finals, who was driving Josh Green's beautiful Chevy II. Ellison claimed a Runner-Up as well as awards for the Best Package of the Day (an ATI Super Damper) and the Last Racer Doubled (an Abruzzi torque converter). The semifinalists were Chris Plott and Nick Hastings.

__

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
A combination of rain, high humidity, low air temperatures and high dew point temps that were not in the forecast all week has forced us to pull the plug on Saturday. With the weather system moving through quicker than expected along with much warmer temps, sun, and wind coming in tomorrow, we are going to run the ATI Fall Footbrake Frenzy $20K Finale of the on SUNDAY. Rain is expected Sunday morning, but we cannot fire engines until 12 Noon. Once the rain moves out, the day is supposed to get better and better.

Today shows how much you can trust the weatherman, but we will see what tomorrow brings, and hope that we can crown another $20K Champion!

__

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
SUNDAY SCHEDULE
No Engines Fired Before 12 Noon
When dry, we will start with New Entry Time Run, then go right into the $20K Finale Round 1 of Eliminations
Single Day $20K: $230
Double Enter: $380

__

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
Sat 10:20pm As we had hoped, the forecast has been updated to show rain moving out earlier than before, with more sun and higher temps. Things are looking up for the $20K Finale at the ATI Performance Products Fall Footbrake Frenzy!

__

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
motor mania showing fridays race. Are they racing today?

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I think you've got the replay. I've got live and it's foggy and a few minutes ago it looked like it rained a little.
I'm a ways west of there and it was pouring here at 5am but by 9am it was clear and breezy and now it's warm and sunny. Hope it moves that way soon.
If you click on the link above it gives you a popup in the rt upper corner to the live link.

Posts: 1458 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I got on. Talked to someone there and he said they were talking 4:30. Sun just came out here, 50 mi South of track. They trying to get in a couple rounds and call it what it looks like to me. They normally shut down at 7 on Sunday. Might make an exception today. Hope so.

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Looks like they called it about 5:30

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
I was watching live and I thought they were going to get going. They worked incredibly hard and I know they wanted to get it in. Nobody can say they didn't do all they could if they saw what the track guys were doing. Good weekend not to be a race promoter! I saw they struggled in Houston too, didn't see what the final outcome was there.

Posts: 1458 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
I was watching live and I thought they were going to get going. They worked incredibly hard and I know they wanted to get it in. Nobody can say they didn't do all they could if they saw what the track guys were doing. Good weekend not to be a race promoter! I saw they struggled in Houston too, didn't see what the final outcome was there.

Ditto.

I don't know that I have ever seen such an amount of effort to get a race in. And that includes many national events. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1231 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I concur the above. It just looked like the harder they worked the harder nature pushed back. Every time I looked Kevin Shipmon (track manager)was either driving a tractor, putting gas in a blower, but seemed to always be present on the ground. He!! of a job they did but Kevin won't let a car go down a track he thinks is not safe.....all track personel deserve a pat on the back.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
I got on. Talked to someone there and he said they were talking 4:30. Sun just came out here, 50 mi South of track. They trying to get in a couple rounds and call it what it looks like to me. They normally shut down at 7 on Sunday. Might make an exception today. Hope so.

The often-repeated "7pm curfew" is an urban myth. The Sunday curfew is 11pm, just like all the other days. The previous week, we wrapped up a 275-entry Sunday at the Doorslammer event at 9:38pm. Time was not a concern.

There was **NEVER** any intention whatsoever of just "trying to get in a couple rounds and call it". We had every intention of completing the event and awarding the Big Checks and Eagle trophy. With the racers that stayed for Sunday, we should've been able to knock it out in about 5-1/2 hours. The racers hung in there as long as possible, and the track staff put forth a full-tilt effort all day long, and then some. If the weather had actually done what they said it was going to do, it should have dried, and we should have been able to race to completion. It was heartbreaking that not only were the weather entertainment people wrong on Sunday, but also on Saturday. All week long, Saturday's forecast was clear. Friday afternoon, they updated it to rain coming in around 7pm. We could've beat that and got the race in. Instead, we came in Saturday morning with it already raining. It's certainly not the way we wanted to end the season.

On a much more positive note, 315 entries (the second highest Fall Footbrake Frenzy weekend ever) put on an absolutely INCREDIBLE show on Friday. I believe there were 14 or more perfect reaction times -- and not all of them won the round!

We ended the season with our 2019 Year-End Giveaway Drawings. Leroy Austin of Evington, VA won the Footbrake Gold Card and Don Dulaney of Covington, VA won the Top E.T. Gold Card for 2020 Loose Rocker events. Greg Brown of Summerfield, NC won a $2,500 gift certificate from Trick Flow Specialties good toward a set of cylinder heads. The grand prize went to Blake Denton of Lillington, NC, a 28' Vintage Outlaw enclosed trailer from Anthony Walton at Walton Trailer Sales in Jacksonville, NC!

__

DRR Pro
Picture of chasracer
posted Hide Post
Michael,

I don't think you or the crew at Piedmont could have done any better. The effort was tremendous to get the race started on Sunday and anybody that spent 5 minutes just watching cars pulling tractor tires up and down the shut off area would have seen that effort. I thought for a few minutes there ya'll had it beat but Mother Nature had one more card to play.

Posts: 1135 | Location: The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?” ~~ Captain Jack Sparrow ~~ | Registered: August 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post