DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Summit Sportsman Spectacular May 18-20 at Keystone Raceway
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Summit Sportsman Spectacular May 18-20 at Keystone Raceway
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of willys1191
posted Hide Post
Pre-entered yesterday Chuck, so myself and some of the BSD gang will be out to see you and have some fun. Chuck are they parking everyone or is it find a spot and pull in. Some of us BSD guys would like to park together.

Posts: 66 | Location: Enola, Pa | Registered: August 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
That's great, Kevin! Looking forward to seeing you guys over this way. It's open parking, find a spot and pull in.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Pre-entered this morning...Wafflebatter is also Wink

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
One day left to preenter.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Chuck did you happen to hear what IHRA is doing about Sunday’s rainout at 42? Just wondering what their policy is before entering.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
Chuck did you happen to hear what IHRA is doing about Sunday’s rainout at 42? Just wondering what their policy is before entering.

Anyone that bought a single-day Sunday entry at the gate was refunded. Anyone that Pre-Entered the weekend event got a "BOGO" deal (pay for Saturday, get Sunday free), so there was nothing to refund for Sunday's race. They got a complete round of all the "show" stuff in, so they didn't refund Sunday spectators.

Payouts from the rainout split are supposed to go out in the mail today for anyone that didn't stay to pick them up. We were down to the finals on the No-Box side of things when it rained. TJ Jordan and I both got a healthy chunk of change.

The Pittsburgh reschedule date works out well for me, and despite all the rain, I had a good time at Dragway 42. I just registered for the Pittsburgh race. See y'all there.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5727 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Well I would think they would offer them a free entry into a Sunday’s race at another track beings it was advertised that way. Didn’t say you had to use it at that race did it. Big Grin
What is the rain out policy if they don’t get any race in? Do they offer a refund or just credit to another race? If only credit towards another race then they owe the pre-entered racers a Sunday. Just my opinion

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I am in.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
If you missed preentry last week, QA1 is sponsoring preentry through Wednesday. The first 50 racers, big cars or juniors, save $50 for this weekend's race, click on the link:

Save $50 on this weekend's race

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Funny how people think they are owed a "refund" for a free race----interesting.

Posts: 6197 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I don’t feel I would be owed a refund but I do feel if I pre entered and Sunday rained out I should be given an entry to race on a Sunday at another event. It simply says buy Saturday’s before Sunday and get Sunday free so I want my free race I was offered, nothing more and nothing less.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Weather looks Bad.. Any update? Run both races Sunday?? Forecast is just as bad as last time.

Posts: 67 | Location: around and about | Registered: November 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
To All Keystone Summit Sportsman Spectacular Pre-Registered Competitors:

I wanted to touch base with everyone to let you know what our plans are for the Keystone Summit Sportsman Spectacular this weekend.

We have been closely watching the forecast bounce all over the place for Friday and Sunday. Over the last few days the forecast for Saturday has stayed pretty steady and pretty ugly. If nothing changes between now and the weekend and we can’t get on the track Saturday or we don’t get started with round 1 of the Moser Engineering $10k race then we will move that whole program to Sunday.

PLAN B
We would have 1 time run Sunday and start eliminations following the same Saturday entry/re-entry/payout structure except that we will take the $5,000 to win from Sunday’s event and put it on Saturday’s event making that a $15,000 to win race.

If during Sunday we get into a situation where we get stopped by rain later in the day and we can’t finish the event in a reasonable time frame (which just happened to us at Dragway 42), then we will split the remaining round money and win/runner-up/semi-final money equally between everyone still left in competition. If there is a split and we are in the middle of a round then we revert to the last completed round for that particular class to determine who is eligible for the split.

PLAN C
We are going to give the weather predictors one more overnight to watch what is happening on Sunday. When I went to bed last night there was 0% chance for Sunday. This morning it is 50% for the back half of the day.

If the forecast is such that it doesn’t look like we have a reasonable chance to operate on Sunday then you should know that we have no intentions of bringing everyone in to sit in the rain for two days to hope for a shot to pull off one race. As racers ourselves we understand how frustrating that is and what that costs you to get to the track. If this scenario plays out we will reschedule again. If we have to reschedule you would have the option to withdraw from the event just like the last time this race was rescheduled. We would also look for a date later in the year that wouldn’t conflict with your local points events as best as possible.

We will make a go or no go decision at 12 noon Thursday and let you know which plan of action we will take at that time.

We appreciate your support of this event and we will do our best to make the best decision possible with the information we have.

Skooter Peaco

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
Selfishly, I'm hoping it gets rescheduled, as my car broke last week. Trying to sell an entry last minute for a race with a bad forecast probably won't be easy. Just another reason why I hate pre-entry.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5727 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Yes I agree Mike. I know somebody who may go but going to be last minute decision if you still have it then.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
To All Keystone Summit Sportsman Spectacular Pre-Registered Competitors:

PLAN C it is.

Unfortunately, nothing changed for the better overnight in the national or local forecasts. The weather predictors said the track would get 1.5” of rain last night and they came very close to getting that exact amount.

We don’t see a window of opportunity to even get on track Saturday and not enough of a window to operate in on Sunday so we are going to reschedule the event. The new date will be August 3-5.

BOX/NO BOX racers:
If you wish to maintain your entry to the new weekend you don’t have to do anything. It will automatically transfer.

If you want to withdraw from the event, simply send me an e-mail (speaco@ihra.com) with the name the online entry is registered under and I will take care of having the ticket company process the refund. Pre-registration will re-open for this event and not close until July 23rd. You can wait until July 23rd to withdraw if you want to wait and see if this new date works for you.

JUNIOR racers:
The track currently has a Junior Dragster Nationals weekend on the schedule for that weekend. Since we also include Juniors in our format we will simply add in the Summit Sportsman Spectacular for the big cars. We are going to maintain the existing Junior Dragster Nationals entry fee/class structure and payouts. We will be adding the Summit Sportsman Spectacular Junior round prizes, the Summit SuperSeries Junior member bonuses, the IHRA contingency program and the IHRA IronMan awards to the existing Junior Dragster Nationals format. I will be refunding all Junior Dragster entries today and they will be processed by the ticketing company within 24 hours. As most of our Junior pre-entries are track regulars, you will simply enter the Junior Dragster Nationals at the gate like you normally would.

We look forward to seeing everyone in August and we are counting on 3rd time being a charm!

Skooter Peaco

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow