DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Summit Sportsman Spectacular May 18-20 at Keystone Raceway
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Summit Sportsman Spectacular May 18-20 at Keystone Raceway
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted
Preentry ends Monday at 8pm

ALL PURSES GUARANTEED - NO MINIMUM CAR COUNT REQUIRED!

Junior Dragster:
• Saturday & Sunday Purse: $700 win, $200 Runner-Up, $100 Semi’s, $50 qtr
• $50 entry fee per day
• PRE-ENTRY PROMOTION – All pre-entries get a FREE Sunday entry with the purchase of a Saturday entry
• $30 Re-entry 1st round only

Big car combo:
SATURDAY ENTRY $150
RE-ENTRY $80 1ST ROUND ONLY
WIN - $10,000
R/U - $2,000
SEMI - $1,000
$100 PER ROUND STARTING AT ROUND 3 WINNER
ROUND MONEY NOT PAID TO SEMI-FINALS & FINALS

SUNDAY ENTRY $100
RE-ENTRY $60 1ST ROUND ONLY
WIN......
WIN - $5,000
R/U - $1,000
SEMI - $500
$100 PER ROUND STARTING AT ROUND 3 WINNER
ROUND MONEY NOT PAID TO SEMI-FINALS & FINALS

NO BOX RACERS RUN SEPARATE UNTIL ONE LEFT
• Final No Box racer earns a $1,000 bonus Saturday & $500 Sunday
• Additional $500 Bonus each day to final No Box racer if they are a current Summit Super Series Member
• Final No Box racer joins Box cars in current Box round for shot at $10k or $5k payout or round money.
• $100 per round starting at round 3 winner

EVENT FORMAT:
• Box, No Box and Juniors welcome
• 1/8th mile; no ET breaks; no throttle stops
• No Box vehicles must have delay box removed. Transbrakes and Automated shifters permitted
• Box Roadsters run with open bodied vehicles
• No: down track stutter of any kind, wheel or driveshaft counters, traction control or slew rate control, device that transmits or relays track position data to driver or crew prohibited
• Deep staging prohibited in all classes including juniors
• Cross talk will be on at all times during Box eliminations
• IHRA rulebook will be used on anything not expressly listed in this flyer

RACE ENTRIES:
• All on site entries must purchase both Saturday and Sunday entries upon arrival
• No double entries. One driver can enter 2 different cars. Two different drivers may not enter the same car
• IHRA Gold cards accepted towards main event entry
• All Re-entries will run each other with the winners advancing to the next round.
• No refunds after 9 am of each day
• No refund of pre-entry fee after 5:00pm (EST) the Monday before the event
• Race Lottery Tickets will be sold until the end of round 3. Two tickets will be drawn during round 4 and will come to the back and run each other with the Lottery Race winner inserted into round 5
• All valid IHRA and NHRA licenses and chassis certifications accepted

RACE PROCEDURES:
• The race will be run separated into No Box, Box Door Cars and Box Open Bodied vehicles. No Box cars will be called first, followed by Door Cars, then Open Bodied vehicles. The Junior class will run vehicles 11.90 and slower separate from other vehicles until one 11.90 vehicle remains.
1. No Box cars will run each other until there is one No Box car remaining. That remaining No Box Car will advance into the next round of Box and be mixed in at that point. It is possible for there to be a No Box bye run and a Box bye run in the same round.
2. Box Door Cars and Box Open Bodied will run separately for the first 4 rounds. During any round if there is one remaining Box Door car left they will run a Box Open Bodied car in that round.
3. Junior 11.90 and slower vehicles will have their own bye run per round until one 11.90 Junior remains and is mixed in with the rest of the vehicles still left in competition. 11.90 and slower entries must dial 11.90 or slower throughout the race.
• First round bye determined by random draw of tech cards. Remaining bye runs will be determined by best reaction time of the previous round. In the event of a tie, the tie breaker will be closest to dial (excluding breakouts). If even number of cars the bye run has lane choice.
• Unused bye runs do not carry over to the next round but may be earned again.
• No competitor will be allowed to have multiple bye runs unless all remaining competitors have already had one.
• Racers will run the lane they select when pulling into the lanes. When only 1 lane of vehicles remain a card pull will determine lanes for the remaining pairs and high card gets choice.
• If weather shortens a race, payout will be split among the winners of the last completed round.

Summit SuperSeries member benefits:
• All Summit SuperSeries Members are eligible for Contingency Bonus each day
• The SSS member that goes the furthest in eliminations in Box, No Box and Junior during Saturday’s main event wins a 2018 IHRA Membership renewal and $100 cash
• If a SSS member wins the Saturday Main Event they get a $500 bonus (Juniors receive a $250 bonus)

SCHEDULE:
FRIDAY
GATES OPEN 10AM -10PM
TEST & TUNE ($30) - 3PM - 8PM

SATURDAY
GATES OPEN - 8AM-10PM
TIME RUN 1 - 9AM
ELIMINATIONS FOLLOW TIME RUN

SUNDAY
GATES OPEN - 8AM
ELIMINATIONS - 9AM

SPECTATOR/CREW (WEEKEND)
ADULTS - $30
SUNDAY ONLY - $15
KIDS (6-12) - $10
SUNDAY ONLY - $10

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
The preentry deal ends tomorrow, Monday May 7, at 8pm. You can pay at the gate, but the preentry saves big cars $100, and juniors $50.

KRP Sportsman Spectacular pre entry

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sammy christian
posted Hide Post
should be a great race for the locals, not going to see many travelers for this format, ever.

6.41@221 (so far)
4.11@178
off the shelf/built it myself

Posts: 81 | Location: Amherst, Ny | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Sammy just curious what you think is wrong with the format?

Posts: 67 | Location: around and about | Registered: November 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Wish I could make it but family comes first this time....good luck to all who are participating!!

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I was going to come down and run Saturday only but it looks like you can’t purchase just one day at the gate so looks like I won’t be there.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Stacked on top of the triple $25k to win race at MIR, and the Door Car race in Mooresville. I'd venture to say the pre-registration is already hurting with the deal IHRA was running and sending emails about knocking $100 off the entry fee.

Also have the Mopar crowd fighting with one another that weekend, stacking events at National Trail and Mason-Dixon on top of each other.

Posts: 343 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
anybody know how any of the other races have done as far as car count?

ep-just curious

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
You can buy single day entry. If you come in on Saturday, you buy both, and later get refunded for Sunday.

Pauley, I think only 1 has been completed, with one rescheduled due to rain. I didn't hear about car count there, think it was TX or LA.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
Can you race just the Sunday race and still get a TT?

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
The IHRA Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Spectacular comes to Keystone Raceway Park May 18-20! Pre-entry has reopened, courtesy of Scrubber Blade! Save $50 off the weekend gate entry if you purchase by Tuesday at 11pm! Please click the link below to pre-enter:

$50 off preentry, courtesy of Scrubber Blade!

Racers (you do not need to be an IHRA member) can pay at the gate if you miss the pre-entry deadline, $150 for Saturday's $10K to win race, and $100 for Sunday's $5K to win race, open to box, no box, and bikes (combo race)! Juniors race for $700 on Saturday and Sunday, $50 entry each day! Get all the details on the link below:

http://www.ihra.com/sportsman-...an-spectacular-event

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CH.CRAFT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:

ep-just curious

WE ONLY HAD APROX. 80 CARS AT STATE CAPITOL RACEWAY, BATON ROUGE. THERE WERE A TON OF LOCAL CARS THAT DID NOT RACE BECAUSE THEY WERE SCARED OF IHRA, THINKING THEY WOULD NIT PICK THEM ABOUT LICENSE, MEMBERSHIP, OUT OF DATE BELTS ECT.
THEY BOUNCED 0 CARS, EVERYONE THAT ENTERED RACED.
I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY RACERS WILL NOT SUPPORT THE IHRA, THEY ARE VERY SPORTSMAN RACER FRIENDLY. THIS BRACKET RACE DEAL THEY ARE TRYING IS NOT A BAD DEAL FOR LOCAL RACERS, SMH

STATE CAPITOL RACEWAY
2017 QUICK-16 TRACK CHAMPION

Posts: 54 | Location: SOUTH LOUISIANA | Registered: December 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I hope racers support what IHRA is doing. If this fails I am afraid IHRA will not last much longer forcing us all to deal with the very expensive, not so friendly NHRA. For a race like this they would probably charge $500 to enter and fine you if your car is dirty.

Posts: 5 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CH.CRAFT:
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:

ep-just curious

WE ONLY HAD APROX. 80 CARS AT STATE CAPITOL RACEWAY, BATON ROUGE. THERE WERE A TON OF LOCAL CARS THAT DID NOT RACE BECAUSE THEY WERE SCARED OF IHRA, THINKING THEY WOULD NIT PICK THEM ABOUT LICENSE, MEMBERSHIP, OUT OF DATE BELTS ECT.
THEY BOUNCED 0 CARS, EVERYONE THAT ENTERED RACED.
I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY RACERS WILL NOT SUPPORT THE IHRA, THEY ARE VERY SPORTSMAN RACER FRIENDLY. THIS BRACKET RACE DEAL THEY ARE TRYING IS NOT A BAD DEAL FOR LOCAL RACERS, SMH

We said the same thing when we were class racing with IHRA....heck they had two races that paid an extra 5k bonus in S/R and people still didn't show up. I don't understand why going to a NHRA race for 4-5 days for one race and getting treated marginally is more enticing than racing 3 days for 2 races and being treated like they care you are there. Hopefully IHRA will bring the class racing back soon.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I am going to go to the darlington race and see what happens. I think the car count will be down there as well due to the fact there are some other tracks near by with other big races the same weekend.

ep

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of sammy christian
posted Hide Post
has to do with a few things I think.
first it is just a regular old bracket race hyped to be something more, it's not.
It's a complete turnover of what IHRA used to be- class racing. Whether you ran S/R or S/S or anything else, you knew what to expect(and that went downhill as well), now it is simply your Fri-Sat home crowd.
Dedicated class racers clearly have only a small interest in bracket racing against typical MOD class cars and anything faster isn't going to waste their time. Even S/R-H/R guys sometimes won't deal with that nonsense unless they happen to be there already for what used to be the regular format.
You need to remember that the people that turn out for this format are going to be probably close to 98% different than what used to run at IHRA events, so don't expect any similarities to the past.
Couple things that seem interesting to me also are-
even the bracket races that were held in conjunction with the Divisionals and Nationals were not well supported,
and
It was only in recent years with the waning participation that class cars were even ALLOWED to run the bracket races.
Very few of the racers that supported IHRA until recently will be back, they were thrown to the side by the sanction.
Pretty much like telling boys they aren't welcome to be boy scouts anymore, only girls are being accepted from here on out. But they want you come out anyhow and adapt Wink

6.41@221 (so far)
4.11@178
off the shelf/built it myself

Posts: 81 | Location: Amherst, Ny | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Weather forces the move of this weekend’s Summit Sportsman Spectacular to June 22-24. Preentry open until June 11, save $100. Story on tip of KRP’s page:
http://www.keystoneracewaypark.com

DRR Trophy
Picture of willys1191
posted Hide Post
That's good news Chuck, I was looking to make the trip out but the weather wasn't looking good. Now that they rescheduled I should be there and maybe get so of the Beaver guy's to come out also.

Posts: 66 | Location: Enola, Pa | Registered: August 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I hope the weather is better for sure. That would be great to see you and some of the BSD crew over this way, as always.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
One week left for pre-entry. Deep staging WILL be permitted!

June 22-24