DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Last Antique Drag Event for Barona on June 3rd
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Last Antique Drag Event for Barona on June 3rd
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted
I received the application to enter the Barona Antique Drag event this afternoon. The last paragraph of the application was a stunner, June 3rd will be the last Antique Race, ever! This very popular event has been going on for decades reaching back into the 1960's.

One more nail in the coffin, probably the last for me.

Bob

Posts: 3081 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The last one by the current promoter

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12283 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Let's hope that you are right Mike. Did you hear anything? You would be the perfect guy to promote the event.

Bob

Posts: 3081 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Just posting what Woody said.

Thanks however I’m not the least bit interested in any promoting. My recliner and I get along great

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12283 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
After 65 years my recliner is now four feet deep in dust and still empty. Just renewed my membership and competition license, not going out without a fight.

Maybe I'll become a promoter. You interested in being an announcer Mike?

Bob

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I don"t think Mike would be interested. He and Donnie Couch do a SUPER Job @ Bakersfield! And ALL the Racers and Fans Appreciate All They Do!!! TRULY, Ozzie.

Posts: 39 | Location: so. ca. | Registered: June 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Bob, you never know, stranger things have happened

L8R, Mike

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The Barona FB page had a message that said "last one by the promoter" and the promoter then piped up and said "no, last one, period".

the posts have been removed now, but it was there. Don't know what happened, but it sucks if it really is the last one. It was always a fun day.

Posts: 118 | Location: Imperial, CA | Registered: September 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
This is very sad news, what a great event and well attended. I do not know the details of why it is not going to continue.

Meziere Tech.
Make sure your water pump is on whenever you check your coolant level.

Posts: 238 | Location: Escondido | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
For whoever takes over promoting this event can they make it for Car or Driver must be 1972 and older. That way I can bring my truck.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1leg,

Meziere Tech.
Make sure your water pump is on whenever you check your coolant level.

Posts: 238 | Location: Escondido | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Jerry your truck is MORE than old enough, it's been a "30 year old" rule.

I believe the dispute is being handled. Ending this popular event would be a major mistake.

Bob