Tools

Down track studder
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 67TSCHEVY2:
before 3 steps came out i used a 2 step . put the desired rpm limit chip in the low side position or the position activated by applying 12 volts . trigger wire was attached to timer . excellant repeatability and if set up right no one can tell it and remember nhra was on the muffler kick , thanks for the help guys . now with grids etc no one worries over this simple setup and no one is smart enough to figured out a grid setup or davis setup lol . softly pulling timing or limiting rpm and no one is the wiser .

There’s nothing to figure out. It’s not illegal to pull timing during a run.

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
i don,t see where i said pulling timing is illegal . pulling timing is one of the pieces involved in traction and et control in a manner that is not blantantly popping and banging like they were when this was first used.

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
I wasn't there but I heard stories about when people showed up at the Moroso 5-day and they had installed 12" long cones on the tree so you couldn't cross. Savvy racers hooked up a second 2-step to a timer and used it to slow the car so they could leave first on a clean tree.

I believe Terry Sinke beat Scotty Richardson in the final, one was dialed high 11's the other low 12's, both were 8 second cars if the shutter box was off.

I also remember when NHRA outlawed the use of a 2-step on TS super classes. Guys had them hooked to the throttle stop to keep from building RPM going down track and it made the cars much more consistent.

Just rumors and hearsay, I'm sure someone here can confirm this.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 741 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 67TSCHEVY2:
i don,t see where i said pulling timing is illegal . pulling timing is one of the pieces involved in traction and et control in a manner that is not blantantly popping and banging like they were when this was first used.

Then what were you implying when you said no one could figure out a grid or a Davis box setup?

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post