Find
Notify
Tools

Bandimere courage
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
I hear a lot of blabbing about this issue but I don't hear a lot of solutions being put forth...just to be clear, I mean solutions that take into consideration today's political climate...otherwise, it's just more blabber...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I mean solutions that take into consideration today's political climate...otherwise, it's just more blabber...

So, what do you have to put forth? I'm not so sure there are any meaningful solutions. Just consequences.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fuzzy dice:
I hear a lot of blabbing about this issue but I don't hear a lot of solutions being put forth...just to be clear, I mean solutions that take into consideration today's political climate...otherwise, it's just more blabber...

That's an opinion from a position of a non understanding of the laws of the universe - compensation.

No law is obeyed that says Walmart can earn and Bandimere can't.

You have Freedom for only as long as you can keep it.

You reap what you sow.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Maybe why so many good folks in drag racing. DEMOCRAPS must not like it.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Ace speedway did fight back by holding one more race after they had been warned by the court to do it the right way. But not giving a da mn about anything but their profit they put on another and that's when the hammer dropped. When people are dropping like flies all around you even I pay attention. I hate it but I see no solutions being offered. I mean in WW 2 everything was rationed, everything manufactured was for the war effort and few complained.....where was all this resistance when the smoking ban came around. You don't walk in Wal Mart with a Camal burning do you??? Same thing here, everyone needs to help for a little while...Maybe I can live a few more years.

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
No now days they just burn Walmart if they want and call it a protest.

PS I know how to stop it and with amount of bad shots I made last deer season I probably need the practice.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Same thing here, everyone needs to help for a little while...Maybe I can live a few more years.

There was smallpox, typhus and yellow fever during the 1800's but there is not a word about the government keeping you healthy in the constitution. You are a free individual responsible for your personal health, safety and well being. Quarantine is for sick people, not healthy ones. You need to take every step you feel is necessary to protect yourself. And others need to go about their daily lives and earn a living as they see fit. It boils down to personal freedom and responsibility, not a big brother nanny state. Emergency, non law, measures are valid from 30 to 90 days. After that, without laws being passed, it is an infringement on one's inalienable rights. JMO, I could be wrong.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
The worldy people will never get What Bandimere is doing, but the worldy people only know the world.

Bandimere will offend God the Father, or Bandimere will offend the worldly.

But Bandimere cannot do both! Because they are opposites.

Jesus said, they hated me and they will hate you too, Period.

Jesus said, If they don't hate you it is because you are not like me, Period.

Nah, the worldly people will never get it, ever.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Sorry but in the 1800s the inability to communicate world wide in an instant kind of hampered the ability to respond like today. Had that ability been available I doubt that those diseases would have been as devastating as they were. We have the opportunity to slow things down but many refuse to help for what ever reason.

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/dF0LL3TClMg
Truth behind the mask?

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I hope Bandimere doesn't cave and continues to run one of the most successful dragstrips on the planet.
Good luck to him and his family in this political battle, for sure it is not a medical battle, just politics.

Stay strong and maintain the freedoms they are trying to steal.

Jok

www.trailertoad.com designed by racers for racers.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Janesville, IA | Registered: December 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Toad1:
I hope Bandimere doesn't cave and continues to run one of the most successful dragstrips on the planet.
Good luck to him and his family in this political battle, for sure it is not a medical battle, just politics.

Stay strong and maintain the freedoms they are trying to steal.

Jok

They won't....big fight going on and they have a ton of support right now. Judge presiding is very well aware of the potential outcome. JeffCo is doing knee jerk reactions to this now, as they closed down the campground across the highway from Bandimere now. Funny thing is that it happened after the hearing. Keep eyes on this, because like I said, this could very well set a precedent going forward.....

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1466 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I wish they would announce something soon. Pretty much have everything ready for the Mile Highs but it would be nice to know. Headed up there to see the kids this week so maybe I'll find out some more when I get there.

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5308 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Old SG
posted Hide Post
Vern, I have followed this pretty close. However the judge, Tamara Russell won't give a ruling until the 21st. Probably it could go either way. 50/50 which way she will rule. Bandimere has a very good attorney. He did a very good job presenting Bandimere's position. Bandimere did a good job providing the social distancing measures, sanitizers, etc. There was about 7500 in attendance. Apparantly the county health dept. had spies there so on Monday that's when the health dept. filed an injuction. Steve and Vicky ran in fast 16, Bre and Blake in SC. Your friend and ours Bob Ross beat Steve in the final by 6 thous. in the fast 16.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Old SG,

Denny Johnson
I'd rather win than drive.
SG 559
TD 5595 2015 Mile High Champ
TD 559 2016 Mile High Champ
4.112 @ 174
6.372 @ 216 DA 8875

Posts: 492 | Location: Wheat Ridge, Co | Registered: November 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/IPdo7iplR38

Covid 19 mandates is what happens when Americans forget they have a responsibility to the Freedom they were handed for free, to speak the Truth.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Bandimere's lawyers have announced they will be filing many more briefs and challenges regardless of the judge's ruling tomorrow (7/21).
This should be interesting.

Posts: 606 | Location: Lakewood, Co. | Registered: January 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
It still matters but our class is postponed for the Mile High Nationals. I think I will just take the next month and a half off and work on my shop. There’s always plenty to do!

Posts: 5308 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Any news on the judge's decision???? Eek JB

Posts: 1146 | Location: Busy putting up crop circles | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Yes, I’ll call you.

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Guess its a secret