DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Did you watch the Feb. 2022 Superbowl?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did you watch the Feb. 2022 Superbowl?
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
I was at the track racing , but even if I was home I would of been doing anything than watching this game!

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
OK, I have to admit it. These are not the percentages I was expecting, especially considering the group.

At every bracket race I have attended, I have never seen even a hint of intentional disrespect during the playing of the national anthem. I also suspect I know how any shows of intentional disrespect would be handled there. But you just never know, until you ask. Carry on and take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CURTIS REED:
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
My wife tuned in cpl times interrupting my watching the Sacketts on 461.

Not watching a bunch of overpaid idiots that disrespect this country . Most are just rich street punks and if not making living playing a game they would be hustling on the street or demonstrating for blm or antifa.

If someone offered to pay you millions of dollars for your talent you wouldn't take it? You sure they are idiots?

They are protesting racial issue while being a black man getting paid 5,6 or 7 million to play a game in the country which they are protesting. Yes they are idiots.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4185 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I did not watch it the only reason I even considered it was to hear the "Let's Go Brandon" chants. But that was not worth wasting my time.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
The world is a place of change. Those that support the current trend of the NFL and their half time shows/commercials are supporters of what is represented. Hopefully you're happy with the progression of the current trends thanks to your support. To each his own.

I personally feel that you have it right with this.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 60 falcon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
I watched the whole game. The half time show was a waste of time. What happened to singers and music. No wonder our youth are screwed up.

By youth do you mean people in their 30's and 40's? Cause that's who the show was for.

sammy mathis

Posts: 67 | Location: iowa park, texas | Registered: October 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
That IS youth to those as old as Floyd and I. I didn't watch because I knew how bad, in my opinion, it would be.

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
Wasn't planning on it, but my wife and mother-in-law were watching. Didn't pay close attention for the most part, but was present.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5734 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I havent followed football since the Staubach, Namath, Emmit Smith days, but I will watch the superbowl if it is interesting and stays close, if it becomes a blowout it is turned off. I was really surprised though to see a 40 year old lineman in there.

Posts: 297 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
It was a good, close game.
I liked the halftime show too, thought it was well done. I was most impressed that no one caused NBC to have an FCC infraction. Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by qtrrcr:
I was really surprised though to see a 40 year old lineman in there.

Andrew Whitworth is a class act, win or lose. When the Steelers beat the Bengals in the 2015 playoffs, he congratulated Steelers players on the field after the game, and prayed with Russ Co ckrell from the Steelers. He does a lot of charity work. There are tons of guys like this across all sports, who give back in silence, use their position for good.

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Steve from Pa
posted Hide Post
Nope, haven't watched a football game in years and dont miss it a bit, aint got no time for that BS, we ended up working our latest house the wife bought.

Most important, keep the shiny side up

Posts: 798 | Location: Punxsutawney, Pa USA | Registered: February 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Yes I watched the GAME at my local sports pub. During halftime the tv's were shut off and the pub had a sports trivia contest. Tv's turned back on when halftime show(?) was over. Had fun not seeing the krap show. Football is in my system after having played all through high school and college.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Andrew Whitworth is a class act

Andrew Whitworth Wins 2021 Walter Payton Man of the Year Award...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1491987596028702721

This man is truly inspirational!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Trans Lady,

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post