DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Are we proving No Prep racing is better than bracket racing?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are we proving No Prep racing is better than bracket racing?
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 67TSCHEVY2:
Racers get more exposure at one no prep race than a lifetime of bracket racing

There's nearly half a million dollars up for grabs at the SFG race in Daarlington in a couple of weeks. I'll take SFG Wink

Posts: 433 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I don't think anyone on here believes that a bracket racer shows up at an event to get "EXPOSURE" we show up at an event to pay an entry fee, expect fair competition, and race for a purse. Fans or no fans, exposure or no exposure, those things aren't even in a bracket racers mind.

If you want exposure and wanna be on TV with sesame street outlaws go spend $300k on a racing operation, start testing, maybe you can get down the track, but you better be able to run 3.80/3.70 range. Maybe then you'll get all the "exposure" you need to make you happy. As far as funding goes, maybe you can win an event or two outside of the NPK series and make a name for yourself in the social media scene, then you can get "invited" to one of the NPK events. Once that happens maybe someone will give you enough money to make it to the next race so you don't have to take out a loan to cover the travel expenses and pay yourself a salary while you are on the road for the next 2 weeks and away from work.

If you are after the exposure, go build your no prep car and start winning races. I bet the folks you meet along the way won't be nearly as nice and helpful as the bracket racers you meet everyday at any racetrack across the country.

The rest of the people on this forum that actually bracket race (not sit around dreaming of fans in the stands, or exposure) will be loading up and heading to the next bracket race with zero fans, plenty of good racers, and racing like hell for that $1,000 purse cause its fun!

Posts: 371 | Location: Pride, La | Registered: April 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
As far as the Drama goes, maybe you should re-wind a few seasons ago in NPK when Scott Taylor who was a legit contender in the group and always is, took his time staging against birdman who was on the converter and had the turbos making plenty of boost. That led to birdman overheating his tranmission on the starting line or at least it started puking trans fluid out during the run. A totally legal move by Scott according to the rules, the entire No Prep nation on social media, on TV, and in person nearly kicked Scott Taylor out of the sport cause he figured out a way to win. It was a legal move, **** move yes, but strategic and legal you bet ya... He beat them at their own game. But the cancel culture got to him and he had to make a public apology and promise to never do it again because it wasn't within the "spirit" of the sport. Bull..... The dude figured out how to win.

If they didn't like the way he did it they should have changed the rules to prevent it from happening ever again, instead they went on a cancel culture mission and darn near ran the dude out of no prep. Ridiculous. If that ain't drama i don't know what is.

Posts: 371 | Location: Pride, La | Registered: April 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Great post Triple! Exactly!
Scott was perfect- but not one of the boys.... Double Standard I believe.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4481 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
They let that new kid Brandon ? from California in and he took their big hundred grand payout. That made a lot of drama. Shame he crashed his car shortly afterwards.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I watched a little of the yellowbullet nationals in the shop today. Anyone who complains about bracket racers and track prep I guess hasn't been to one of these things. It was nonstop track prep.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6381 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post