DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    PIT VEHICLES AND SAFETY NHRA
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PIT VEHICLES AND SAFETY NHRA
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Walter:
On the whole idea of safety and pit vehicles. I'm amazed at how many people allow their kids, well under 16 year old, to drive every form of pit vehicle on the planet regardless of the rules against it.

I cannot figure that one out either. My first inclination on most things is to follow the rules. Guess not everyone is raised the same.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
quote:
On the whole idea of safety and pit vehicles. I'm amazed at how many people allow their kids, well under 16 year old, to drive every form of pit vehicle on the planet regardless of the rules against it.

I cannot figure that one out either. My first inclination on most things is to follow the rules. Guess not everyone is raised the same.

Those who think the rules and laws do need to apply to them are first to sue if there is a problem......

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3999 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:

Those who think the rules and laws do need to apply to them are first to sue if there is a problem......

And THAT is the gospel truth.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bubbletop409
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Steve:
I just dont see John Force wearing a helmet riding his scooter around waving at the fans but I guess anything is possible

Should be public knowledge by now that the horse tooth jackass and his litter operate under a different set of rules.

Larry
62 Bel-Air 409
79 Cole TR-2 SunsetRaceCraft 565 RIP TRACY
260 Eliminator Eagle XP HP500EFI
NO MO BOMA
WELL DONE USN SEAL TEAM 6
Proud Deplorable

Posts: 60 | Location: Castro Valley, CA State of Insanity | Registered: August 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Stupid people do stupid things and we have more rules

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:

That kinda bugs me too. Seems like every weekend we are avoiding some teen or younger not paying attention driving a golf cart or other motorized vehicle.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6389 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:

That kinda bugs me too. Seems like every weekend we are avoiding some teen or younger not paying attention driving a golf cart or other motorized vehicle.

Can’t just blame it on the kids, I know they are a problem. But I’ve been almost taking out several times by track personnel in a hurry to do something.

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Count the golf carts going by your pit one day---90% will be driven by some young kid, not a licensed adult.

Posts: 6199 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
I am at the JR ECF finals in Bristol. 8 to 14 year olds on dirt bikes, scooters, golf carts, 4 wheelers, you name it.

It's a zoo and to say be careful is an understatement...Years past was extremely strict on this...don't know what changed but NHRA tech officials are on the property and nothing is being done.

CANT Totally blame the NHRA or the track as the parents know better...

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
If the track has a pit bike/golf cart age and license requirement and they elect to ignore that rule, perhaps you are complaining to the wrong individuals. Since they don’t seem to care if a kid wrecks your race car motor home or injures you or a Family Member you might consider raising concerns as a collective Group, or just pack up, demand a refund and leave.

A kid tearing through the pits at 20 mph (or faster) on a scooter or golf cart is going to hurt someone, it just won’t be me or my wife. When you don’t complain it’s the same as telling them that it’s really OK. Most Track Managers will fix the problem, Track Workers not so much, they don’t have a dog in the fight.

Bob

Posts: 3081 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
For sure it starts with the parents, BUT, the track and NHRA can put an end to the craziness.

Just throw one out, that means, pack your stuff and leave.

Would that get their attention? Might be a place to start.

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:

I see it constantly, and about been hit by a few as a pedestrian. One day saw a kid driving a GC that couldn't reach the pedals while sitting, so was standing instead...

Like Torqin said, you'd think WCF/ECF they would be on hot patrol period end of story. If you see one, stop and ask for their ID. If they're legal, they'll have one. If not, they wont.

I know most of the kids at the local tracks, so I know exactly who's of driving age and who isn't.... and about 95% of the "isn't"s are....

Posts: 34 | Location: Texas | Registered: August 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
nhra certified

Posts: 16 | Location: SARASOTA FL 34237 | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post