DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Congrats to Torqin and his boy, ran in the finals of $10k
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Congrats to Torqin and his boy, ran in the finals of $10k
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
My son was always with me when I returned to racing many years ago.

He never really was interested in it enough to race himself although I offered to try and get a car together for him. He liked 2 wheeled vehicles better and went down that road.

I can only imagine how cool it was to race your son for the big $$ and congrats on that accomplishment Chris.......

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for all the kind words, an experience we will cherish for years to come!

I hope many of you get to experience the same type day some day.

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Congratulations guys! You have yo make the kid earn those bragging rights and sounds like Chris' day is coming pretty soon.LOL

Heck me and dad raced together and that was enough arguments ,can't imagine if against each other.LMAO Still good memories.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Great stuff, Chris, congrats to you both!!

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of victo
posted Hide Post
wtg Chris save some fireball for the fling

2012 West Coast Pro Gas E/Gas Champion

Posts: 523 | Location: Novato | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231]

Heck me and dad raced together and that was enough arguments ,can't imagine if against each other.LMAO Still good memories.

That sounded like a real good time.. me and my dad would wax the cars together ... he always won that battle... kind of fun back in the day.

I just can't image sitting in the burnout box and looking over to see my dad, How funny would that be!!!!!

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TubeCarz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
I hope many of you get to experience the same type day some day.

GoomBatz , sounds like you might be "excluding" some from that exclusive club ... Wink

Good job Pizan'

Posts: 428 | Location: Palm City Fla . | Registered: June 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
I was lucky enough to race with my Dad and Brother back in my TA/D days, it's was truly a family operation.

We had a blast, great memories.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of speedwrench44
posted Hide Post
Congrats Chris, enjoy it cause he's coming

Dave

Posts: 260 | Location: Heldnfelt, Texas | Registered: December 10, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
NO doubts he is he is coming for ole pops next time. My dad still goes with us, the time the 3 generations spend together is priceless.

Just remember if your by our pit, we ain't loud, we're Italian!

Thanks again to all for the kind words! Had many comment on last weekend this weekend in Georgia! Even ole Ed showed some class early on in this thread, did not go unnoticed, very cool!

Relaxing

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post