DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Force #150, he is great for the Sport
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Force #150, he is great for the Sport
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bubbletop409:
I was a force fan for years, then came his obvious dive to let hight advance. That was the day the love died. Cheater ever after that stunt was my opinion of the guy. Other multi car teams race heads up, not his.

Clearly the expert of all fuel racing has spoken Roll Eyes

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bubbletop409
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hotrod Corvette:
quote:
I was a force fan for years, then came his obvious dive to let hight advance. That was the day the love died. Cheater ever after that stunt was my opinion of the guy. Other multi car teams race heads up, not his.

No expert, just recognize when someone takes an obvious dive. Not everyone is a force family nut swinger.

Larry
62 Bel-Air 409
79 Cole TR-2 SunsetRaceCraft 565 RIP TRACY
260 Eliminator Eagle XP HP500EFI
NO MO BOMA
WELL DONE USN SEAL TEAM 6
Proud Deplorable

Posts: 60 | Location: Castro Valley, CA State of Insanity | Registered: August 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:

No expert, just recognize when someone takes an obvious dive. Not everyone is a force family nut swinger.

Pro racing teams are not about the race, they're about the championship. That's how they stay in business. Those who race, race to the bottom of the financial ladder.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
when you open the Webster dictionary looking for the definition of a" NHRA FUEL FUNNY CAR RACER " there should be a picture of John Force.!!! what he has done will never be duplicated,he is the man. And he spent many years as the underdog..

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Yea Force took a dive .He took one for the team. Easy to say what you would or would not do when the millions at stake are not yours or in this case possibly yours.

Everyone has right to their opinion on it. Personally its his team and if he wants to loose a round to keep his team going strong.I don't blame he a bit would have done same.

Hell if he had not lost that round he would just have reached 150 sooner.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Force would not have taken a dive in the middle of the season. But when his team has a chance to make the countdown then Force will take one for team. It's about the team/company and the sponsorship dollars.

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1009 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not nut swinging...You just had to say NOBODY else takes a dive, which you know is not true.

You just got one in your mind that you remember more than any others. Strange how sometimes tires smoke or that horrible or red light pops up at just the right time. HMMMM

Burt

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Not much of a TEAM if they don’t! I’m sure there have been some teams that have not but it’s their decision. I’d do it in a heartbeat and have!!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4491 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
^ Well, good for you. It's fair to share your test answers with classmates too. Handout not hand up

Posts: 40 | Location: East TN | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by consistent spin:
^ Well, good for you. It's fair to share your test answers with classmates too. Handout not hand up

CS.. Wait, Stop.. So you are telling me if you were in their shoes, NHRA title, sponsor commitments now and future sponsors on the line.. ... You are racing a team mate in the top 3 and you are not.. you would not better the team?? Not talking high school or any tests , talking your future..And theirs..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BP758,

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4491 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
All morality aside, I have always wondered how you explain to the sponsors of the car that took the flop why they didn’t see their advertising dollars later in the rounds

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6398 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Track Car Laughing Hard HMMMM

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
Track Car Laughing Hard HMMMM

House car?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6398 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have always wondered how you explain to the sponsors of the car that took the flop why they didn’t see their advertising dollars later in the rounds

They are thick as thieves. A title sponsor on one car is generally an associate sponsor on the others. So they do get some exposure. And, you will notice the Force winner will drop sponsor names that aren't title sponsors on the winning car. One hand washes the other.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:
I have always wondered how you explain to the sponsors of the car that took the flop why they didn’t see their advertising dollars later in the rounds

They are thick as thieves. A title sponsor on one car is generally an associate sponsor on the others. So they do get some exposure. And, you will notice the Force winner will drop sponsor names that aren't title sponsors on the winning car. One hand washes the other.

Kinda sounds like he's running a business or trying to earn a living huh? How strange, and I thought they just raced to make us happy....go figure

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
...and I thought they just raced to make us happy....go figure

Kinda like you, living to serve mankind.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
quote:
...and I thought they just raced to make us happy....go figure

Kinda like you, living to serve mankind.

You bet your ass buddy......Don't let the *******s grind you down..

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4463 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Bubbletop409
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not nut swinging...You just had to say NOBODY else takes a dive, which you know is not true.

You just got one in your mind that you remember more than any others. Strange how sometimes tires smoke or that horrible or red light pops up at just the right time. HMMMM

Well since you seem to be the expert on divers, can you give to waiting world some other instances of dives by the major teams?

I can recall one of the Pedregon brothers putting the other one out of the countdown by fair play and honest racing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bubbletop409,

Larry
62 Bel-Air 409
79 Cole TR-2 SunsetRaceCraft 565 RIP TRACY
260 Eliminator Eagle XP HP500EFI
NO MO BOMA
WELL DONE USN SEAL TEAM 6
Proud Deplorable

Posts: 60 | Location: Castro Valley, CA State of Insanity | Registered: August 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I would not ever "Take a dive" but I can say this if I was in Force's position at that time I would set the car on kill and it would blow the tires off or set a new record. The only reason it was an issue at all is because brother Tony was crying about it for Cruz. Grow up, teams are there to win. And as for the Pedregons they are pulling for each other doing everything they can to help each other as do all teams including the Great Shumaker teams. And one other thing if it was not for Force Racing nobody would have ever known anything about Cruz or Tony. That is how the ungrateful B@$+@rds repay him. After all of that crying from Pedregons I lost all respect for them and could care less if they never win another round of racing.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4003 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Well since you seem to be the expert on divers, can you give to waiting world some other instances of dives by the major teams?

I can recall one of the Pedregon brothers putting the other one out of the countdown by fair play and honest racing.

Sorry you are still butt hurt...
Do I look like Lewis Bloom?

Burt