DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    PBIR update picture
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PBIR update picture
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I just saw a complaint being shared around Facebook focusing on the Freedom Factory. Its unfortunate that people act this way today. A person could easily not purchase a home around this area, but would rather crush the dreams of others to feel superior.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Exactly. The current owners know the land is worth more if it can be developed into warehouses. They think they can force the County board into letting them redevelop by constantly reminding them that they will not sell to anyone with plans to reopen the race track..... Which is fine, they can sell it or not sell it to whoever they want..... but they can also sit with vacant land that makes zero income while paying property taxes for as long as they want, too. lol. How many times does the county need to turn down the applicant for the same reason? lol. The applicant should probably increase their "back room deal" offer to the county commissioners in order to get this deal done. Commissioners have a way of changing their minds when they are offered cash/gifts/favors.

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12287 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of Bill Koski
posted Hide Post
That may not work as well in other places as it does in the "fruits-an-nuts-state"!

TAKE IT TO THE BANK!!!!!
Later, Bill Koski

Posts: 11005 | Location: LAS VEGAS. NEVADA, US of A | Registered: December 03, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike English:
I was told that the current owners will not sell to anyone who wants to reopen the track

No disrespect but the current owners are real estate investors...anyone and I mean anyone who comes up with an acceptable purchase price will buy the property...they could care less what the use is or may be...sadly, if the approval they were just denied on is appealed the property owners will win...the courts do not vote on emotion but on the facts...from what I saw there was no legal basis for denial...the current owners have stated [B]they[/B would never run a race track on the property again...maybe that was what your source meant...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
That same rumor has been floated about Atlanta Dragway, which the NHRA sold. First, the rumor was that the NHRA refused to discuss a sale with any party interested in keeping it as a race track. Then, after it sold, rumor is that the new owner was denied a zoning change, and then responded by saying it would never be a race track again no matter what the county did or didn't do.

In the case of PBIR, I imagine the property is worth 10x re-zoned industrial as it's worth as a race track, so the current owner quite possibly did state that they are uninterested in selling to anyone as a race track, and will hold onto it until it gets re-zoned.

The only way either facility is ever a race track again would be if somebody stepped up and paid industrial use market value for the property(s), which ain't gonna happen.

Mike

Posts: 1566 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fuzzy dice:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike English:
I was told that the current owners will not sell to anyone who wants to reopen the track

No disrespect but the current owners are real estate investors...anyone and I mean anyone who comes up with an acceptable purchase price will buy the property...they could care less what the use is or may be...sadly, if the approval they were just denied on is appealed the property owners will win...the courts do not vote on emotion but on the facts...from what I saw there was no legal basis for denial...the current owners have stated [B]they[/B would never run a race track on the property again...maybe that was what your source meant...

This happened in the town I worked for. A certain developer met ALL the requirements needed to develop a subdivision on land zoned residential. The City Council denied final approval. The developer sues and is on track to win in court. Meanwhile there is a General Election. The Mayor got thrown out along with the Council denying the approval. New guys grant approval. City saves millions. The best part? I get to leave Community Development and serve on the new Mayors Staff for the best Mayor that town ever had.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
Hey Bruce...I beeped at you in Gainesville...hope all is well with you, bud...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Update March 31, 2023

A slight breath of air in PBIR balloon from Dragzine

https://www.dragzine.com/news/...aceway-gets-a-boost/

93 Dodge Stealth -
526 KB Hemi
14-71 SSI Roots Blown

Posts: 193 | Location: Boynton Beach, Florida | Registered: April 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
Ufortunately there is no breath fo fresh air...I watched that debacle on the live stream...the owner applied for development approval...not for any zoning changes or variances of any kind...the county staff recommended approval...they had to as every part of the application was in order...the board went against their own staff's recommendation and denied in an effort to appease the crowd...the appeal cannot be denied...sadly, approval will be granted at some point...it is in mediation presently, the first step on an appeal...sigh...

DRR Pro
Picture of nomad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fuzzy dice:
Ufortunately there is no breath fo fresh air...I watched that debacle on the live stream...the owner applied for development approval...not for any zoning changes or variances of any kind...the county staff recommended approval...they had to as every part of the application was in order...the board went against their own staff's recommendation and denied in an effort to appease the crowd...the appeal cannot be denied...sadly, approval will be granted at some point...it is in mediation presently, the first step on an appeal...sigh...

Hey Dan! I waved.

As much as I oppose this and hate for this to happen to my fellow racers, it's going to happen. If the developer has lined up his ducks and complied with all the requirements the city/county must approve his erquest. There is no other outcome. Mediation is just a step before the developer can bring a suit against the city/county. Not a good use of tax dollars. It's over.

nomad
Bruce Guertin

Easily distracted by bright shiny objects.

Wife says I'm a new adventure every day.

Call Automotive Performance Engines for all your complete engine building, dyno service needs 863-967-8781

Posts: 2544 | Location: Auburndale, Florida | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
Sadly, dead on with an egg, Bruce...I hope all is well with you, sir...