DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    2019 Spring Fling GALOT Official Flyer
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2019 Spring Fling GALOT Official Flyer
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hey guys. Kyle, Emily and myself were together Tuesday when pre-entries opened and I can tell first hand that all three of us were in shock and elated on how quickly the Galot Fling race filled to cap. Our jaws dropped, and as most people are telling us....it's a good 'problem' to have. Very grateful it went smooth and for the racers support and faith in us.

Of course in a perfect world we would have enough spots for more racers (since the demand seems to be through the roof right now). On the flip side, our promise is to keep the integrity of the event and experience as advertised (and as people come to expect when attending one of our Fling events).

To be sure of this, Kyle, Emily, and myself went through the entire list one by one and for the last 2 days we individually called any racer whose name was on the list twice to be sure they are aware of our Galot Fling Rule where 'A Vehicle can only go down the track once per round'. We cleaned up any mistakes that were on the list and that enabled a few alternates to get in.

Once again, thank you racers for believing in us and our brand. We will do our best to continue to deliver on ALL of our promises. One thing you can count on is that we will continue to work hard to be sure the Fling events are as advertised or better.

Peter

Posts: 73 | Location: Queens, NY | Registered: October 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
quote:
Originally posted by head gamez:
quote:
Originally posted by PASS'N THRU:
I know what the rules say, I quoted them, and I know what they mean. I'm referring to one circumstance listed in the rules; that of one driver doubled entered with the same car. I'm just wondering if the rules are being ignored.

I've ran numerous big purse races the past 6 years. The very few times I've doubled entered, my name is on the entry list twice running the same car with the same car number with an X or other numeral beside my base car number on the second entry. And many of the double entries listed in those races did exactly the same thing.

What I have just described is showing up in the racer list on MANY of the entries for this race.

Maybe it doesn't matter much to anyone else but for me, in my "awesome" and humble opinion, the integrity of the rules is under suspicion.

If all those doubled entered names with the same base car number have indeed entered 2 different cars, then my suspicions won't hold up under scrutiny and that's totally alright with me. But I, for one, am interested in following the live feed.

I think the grief you are getting stems from the fact that you are making a assumption that two different cars cant have a similar car number. 123 for car 1 and 123x for car two. If I owned two cars, that is how mine would be numbered... well mine would be 0 and 0X.

I have two cars, and they both have the same number on them. That's pretty common.

How is that even legal?

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
clapping
Cudos to Pete, Kyle, and Emily! Being right about my suspicions is not important. What's important to me is that they acted when they became aware there may be some rules issue within their entry list. And allowing more racers to get in because of those actions is icing on the cake. They stepped up for sure.

Posts: 8 | Location: LIMESTONE, TN | Registered: December 13, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post