DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    DIV. 7 LODRS Schedule Changes!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DIV. 7 LODRS Schedule Changes!
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted
Division 7 SCHEDULE UPDATED

GLENDORA, Calif. – The NHRA Pacific Division announced today a number of changes to events in the second half of the 2021 season. The continuing COVID-19 restrictions which have impacted us all since early 2020 have hampered our scheduling and as we move closer to gaining full release of these restrictions, we continue to work with our NHRA Member Tracks regarding not only drag racing events, but other events and opportunities that have risen to the forefront. This will unfortunately impact our Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series double-header events at Sonoma Raceway and Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park for 2021 and require rescheduling of those events, which in turn will also impact events at The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway and Tucson Dragway.

The changes begin with the LODRS double-header originally scheduled for Sonoma Raceway July 15-18. This event will no longer work as planned in July and with limited dates available has required us to relocate the event to The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, another Speedway Motorsports family facility. The date for that event will be October 7-10. This will also mean a change to the Tucson Dragway LODRS event which will now be held one week later on October 14-15 and include a single-day National Open race on October 16. The LODRS double-header event at Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park is moving from October to its new date of September 9-12. This change will impact the Division 7 JDRL Finals scheduled that same weekend in Las Vegas which will now be held one week later on September 17-19.

“While it’s unfortunate to have to make changes this far into a season, and after how everything played out in 2020 with a busy fall, we felt these changes will least impact and benefit both the facilities involved and the racers attending our Division 7 events later this season,” said Pacific Division Director Mike Rice. “Division 7 is always the place to race for LODRS competitors at the end of the year and I look forward to the challenge these changes provide.”

http://www.nhra.com/.../changes-announced-pacific...

Posts: 415 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Thanks David . I’m wondering if the Nat event still stands and if so why? If it’s Civid then no racing.... Hell we raced at Sonoma double last year during Covid??? What’s different?

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4504 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Yeager
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
Thanks David . I’m wondering if the Nat event still stands and if so why? If it’s Civid then no racing.... Hell we raced at Sonoma double last year during Covid??? What’s different?

It appears that Motorcycles are more important... I dont think Sonoma is very intersed in Drag Racing.

I would guess the National is still on because the track makes money on that event. (spectators)

Mark Yeager

Posts: 1380 | Location: Hollister,CA | Registered: April 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
BREAKING NEWS BULLETIN FROM NHRA. Air conditioning in Phoenix at all pit spots!

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1013 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Time to retire

Posts: 84 | Location: Benicia Ca | Registered: November 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
No Jeff, just recall Hair Gel Newsom.

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1013 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
In Div 4 we have already had 2 D4 races, one in Belle Rose La the other in Houston. This weekend we are racing TAFC, Pro Mods, Top dragster, Top Sportsman plus a bunch of other classes at the Throw down in T town in Tulsa. Next week we have the D4 Double race at the Texas motorplex, week after that the Houston national. 2nd weekend in June we are back in Tulsa for the D4 race.

I feel for all the west coast D7 racers, I used to be one. But y'all are just living in the wrong part of the country lol

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Big Steve,

Posts: 2431 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
Here is a better view of the new schedule:

DIVISION 7

September 9-10 Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park Chandler, AZ
September 11-12 Wild Horse Pass Motorsports Park (Regional)Chandler, AZ

October 7-8 The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway Las Vegas, NV
October 9-10 The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (Regional)Las Vegas, NV

October 14-15 Tucson Dragway Tucson, AZ
October 16 Tucson Dragway (National Open) Tucson, AZ

November 4 - 7 The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (Regional) Las Vegas, NV

Posts: 415 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
For the California Government bashers:

We have the lowest rate of:
Infections
Hospitalization
Deaths

With the higher percentage of population at 12% [Texas at 8.7%] and the third largest by size!

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Gillette:
Time to retire

Larry’s right!
Besides biotch! We ain’t done winning!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4504 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Gee Dave, thanks for the covid update. I’ll make you get your gold star

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The season - 2 months in the desert ?
I know NHRA has bigger issues with the schedule, Mike Rice probably has his hands tied
Travel - Phoenix, Tucson , Vegas- , hotter than hell-
if you won every race you might be lucky to only loose $5000 or $6000

It feels like there is little concern for the sportsman racer - if we keep coming nothing will change.
National open at Sac - no div race ???
NHRA has lease to Bakersfield - no div race ???
This is not bashing nhra - but what have they done for the sportsman racer lately ?

I keep saying if I sold car , trailer , engines , spares , that would be a spectacular boat - and theres a launch ramp at the bottom of my hill .

When it becomes a pain in the ass , people will spend time & money on other things

I love this sport , spent most of my life doing it , but this is horrible having to tow an average of 600 miles each way to go to a race

Rant over - opening a good bottle of wine

Jeff

Posts: 84 | Location: Benicia Ca | Registered: November 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

You should live in New Mexico. Our closest is Tucson at 400 miles. It has always been long tows for us. I keep saying I'm going back to bracket racing more but like a fool I'm still chasing Wally! LOL

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5310 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Wow ! This is looking good for all the Arizona and Las Vegas guys. But you could not pay me To race a divisional race, to little Racing, to much expense, and to little rewards.

It's so Hot

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Nothing to do with Covid. It’s about money.

Raceless in California!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Todd Barton
posted Hide Post
I know there isn't many options out there, and Rice did what he could, but how does the average racer pull this off?

All the back to back weekends with double entry fees or 4 entries if you run two cars will be a small fortune. Now lets talk about the days off. I know there isn't a clear answer to this but I don't see the average racer being able to attend all the races.

Yes, west coast politics ARE responsible. I moved in the middle of "covid" last summer. I've flow cross country twice, driven cross country 3 times traveling a dozen states to do so. I've also raced all over the south since being here and haven't worn a mask except when absolutely forced to. Guess what, still alive and living my life to the fullest cause I only have ONE shot at this! I refuse to sit in the house in fear and waste years away.

Posts: 381 | Location: Gray, TN | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Barton:
I know there isn't many options out there, and Rice did what he could, but how does the average racer pull this off?

All the back to back weekends with double entry fees or 4 entries if you run two cars will be a small fortune. Now lets talk about the days off. I know there isn't a clear answer to this but I don't see the average racer being able to attend all the races.

Yes, west coast politics ARE responsible. I moved in the middle of "covid" last summer. I've flow cross country twice, driven cross country 3 times traveling a dozen states to do so. I've also raced all over the south since being here and haven't worn a mask except when absolutely forced to. Guess what, still alive and living my life to the fullest cause I only have ONE shot at this! I refuse to sit in the house in fear and waste years away.

Miss you and the family Todd! You made a very smart move. As for the race being moved, I pretty much think it was out of Mikes hands.

Raceless in California!

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Well thanks Sonoma Raceway and NHRA. I’m thinking of loading everything in the trailer and selling. Very frustrated. No answers. Tired of racers being treated like shyt. When was the last time NHRA has done anything positive for racers? Name one thing! I can’t move right now, mom in-law is here plus grand babies..
Good thing I finished my fishing boat!

Super Angry

Raceless in California!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
NHRA learned very early on that if they built grandstands people would actually come to pay money to watch the loud and fast cars they charged to race at their tracks. To this day they still charge racers to race AND charge spectators to watch them race.
Once NHRA realized they could get away with that nonsense they just started charging more at both ends.
NHRA feels they're doing racers a favor by letting us give them money to participate. Now during this crunch time they know full well there isn't anybody paying to come watch sportsmen classes compete. So screw us....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4467 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Good luck to all the NHRA Division 7 Sportsman Racers, you will need a lot of luck, money and time off from work. This has become too unreasonable for me, it's time to consider other options.

Bob

Don't ya just love "Spell Check"?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RPROGAS,

Posts: 3083 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post